Kos writer: Reaction to 9/11 was “overblown”

Posted by: ST on August 12, 2010 at 6:30 pm

Seriously? (via @InfidelsAreCool):

Given that they [Muslims] are such a small minority in this nation, it is odd that so many of our fellow citizens see them as such a threat. Yes, the 9/11 attacks were horrific, but they were more about optics than actual harm. The economy was already taking a hit before the Twin Towers fell. The reaction of the nation to seeing two major buildings in New York fall on T.V. has boosted the attack out of proportion. While the loss of even a single life is to be condemned and the devastation these deaths caused the families of those killed, more than this number of teens are killed every year in car crashes. These are also tragic losses but we do not make the kind of high profile issue of it that the 9/11 attacks are.

Er, sort of at a loss here. Can someone tell me why anyone would morally equate car death accidents with deliberate acts of terror designed to kill thousands? Also would someone explain to me how many car accident deaths in America are committed by radical Islamists against innocent citizens? Finally, in what way exactly was the outrage over the brutal, vicious murders of 3,000 innocents an “overreaction”?

You know, I try really hard to figure out the mindset that goes into writing bullsh** like that, but even though I was once a liberal and “get” them on numerous issues because I’ve “been there,” I do not get this at all. In fact, I find this to be one of the most (and there have been plenty) shameful instances of moral relativism I’ve ever seen since the 9/11 attacks.

What is wrong with people??

17 Responses to “Kos writer: Reaction to 9/11 was “overblown””

Comments

1. david foster says:

The comparison of death rate from car accidents with death rate from terrorism, with the intent of discounting the significance of the terrorist threat, is a misuse of statistical reasoning…often perpetrated by people who should know better.

2. Mwalimu Daudi says:

I am sure that the 3000+ who lost their lives on that day will be relieved to hear that.

BTW: what happened to the Bush-was-behind-9/11-attacks meme that the Kossacks have pushed for almost a decade now?

3. NC Cop says:

They’re a blithering idiot???

4. Mwalimu Daudi says:

Hmmmm…wonder how the Kossacks would react if pro-lifers used the deaths caused by abortion in a similar way?

5. The left is tied to Islam by its hate for America, Christians and Jews. The left and Islam both also hold supremacist world views. This is why the left is so eager to defend radical Islam. Islam is anti-American. Liberals and Islamists are both eager to minimize the significance of the events of 9/11/2001. They are opportunists with no real values who are all about power and control.

6. It’s too bad Sarah Palin wasn’t in one of those towers! /average Kossack reader

7. bryn says:

So if someone killed a few hundred liberals, it would be OK because more people die of cancer each year? I can see how this could work.

8. It is unbelievable the lengths that kooks on the left will go to in order to make excuses for radical Islam — oops, am I not supposed to say radical Islam…

9. Sefton says:

This is the guy who, had he been on Flight 93 with Todd Beamer and the other heroes, would’ve been crying and sucking his thumb, rolled up in the fetal position at the back of the plane while everyone else followed Beamer’s lead of “Let’s Roll” and went on the offensive to take back the plane.
    That’s the “optics” I have for this sorry POS.

10. Jo says:

Every &^%UI* day you wake up and you think Libtards have sunk as low as they can possibly go and then . …

11. Kate says:

This is an example of the type of mindset you get if you blindly follow along with the liberal/progressive/socialist mindset without question.

One thing they really hate it having to deal with facts of any kind….which makes this little Kossack’s post is a very good example of what we should all expect. So it’s very hard to deal logically with these folks. They refuse to listen to anything that they haven’t heard before or check the things that they do hear. And that is why the l/p/s have problems with talk radio, FOX news, or any conservative publications.

They do not believe in the competion of ideas….allowing analysis and logic to persuade.

12. Zippy says:

I love when libschitz try to intellectualize their stated case and sound like the idiots they are. You can’t compare apples to oranges or accidents to deliberate acts of terrorism. As is mostly the case, they typically rationalize and justify (rationalize/justify are PC terms which mean make an excuse for) everything to favor the one seemingly ‘persecuted’. It’s this guilting thing again. I have no guilt towards people who do harm to me and my fellow countrymen, and therefore believe that they should be neutralized by whatever means necessary.

It’s quite that simple.

13. SpideyTerry says:

In-breeding… lots and lots of in-breeding.

14. Steve Skubinna says:

Forget it. As soon as I saw that “damning ‘but'” (Tim Blair’s phrase) I stopped reading. Nobody who tacks a “but” to acknowledging the 9/11 attacks is worthy of any consideration at all.

Such people are not only unserious, but are supporting evil – with, of course, the best of intentions. But plenty of Nazis and Communists justified their evil through their wonderful intentions.

So to hell with this specimen.