Time to play “what if a white pol had said that?”

Posted by: ST on September 13, 2010 at 11:37 am

Race-baiting politics once again strike in NYC.  Via the NY Post:

Mayor David Dinkins encouraged voters to embrace a state Senate candidate because he looks “more like us.”

“It’s important, it is so very important, particularly for the people of this district who vote on Tuesday to recognize how important it is to understand that the city is changing,” Dinkins said in his endorsement of state Senate candidate Assemblyman Adriano Espaillat on Thursday.

“Most people in the city are going to look more like us than others and that’s just a fact,” Dinkins said.

Espaillat opponent Mark Levine, who is white, yesterday called on Espaillat, who is Hispanic, to denounce the divisive comment.

Espaillat did not repudiate Dinkins’ words.

“Mayor Dinkins is one of New York’s finest public servants, and he’s built his career around the principle that communities of different ethnic and economic backgrounds must work together if we want to bring about long-term change,” Espaillat said in a statement.

[…]

Espaillat and Levine are both frontrunners in the race to fill Attorney General hopeful state Senator Eric Schneiderman’s seat. The district includes the diverse population of the Upper West Side, Washington Heights, and Inwood, in Manhattan and Riverdale, in the Bronx.

Hey, why doesn’t Dinkins call for a caramel/“chocolate” city while he’s at it?

Seriously – just imagine for five seconds what would happen if a white politico said anything of the sort.  Especially if he/she were a conservative.  As usual, the double standards are alive and well on the issue of race-baiting, not to mention the fanatical obsession with identity politics.  Let’s not make our choices based on the best candidate to fill xyz position.  Let’s choose on the basis of race.  As long as it’s a liberal Latino or black candidate, of course.

Move along here. Nothing to see …

10 Responses to “Time to play “what if a white pol had said that?””

Comments

1. Old Goat says:

I remember when Dinkins was Mayor of NYC. (I lived there during that time). He was one of the worst Mayors that city had ever had.

I don’t understand how getting an endorsement from a failure is deemed anything but a failure.

2. Tango says:

….Camel colored ??

“…he’s built his career around the principle that communities of different ethnic and economic backgrounds must work together if we want to bring about long-term change…”

“Long-term change”, of course, means “bring more folks under the big tent of modern-day slavery to the guvmint,” so of course he’s correct in saying that.

Wonder how many of his target audience are smart ’nuff to figure that one out? Not too many would be my guess.

4. Kate says:

..yup, it ain’t about the quality of your character, folks. It’s about the shade of skin you were born with…MLK, Jr. is rolling in his grave over these dumba** minority pols.

I guess I am supposed to embarrassed that I was born with white skin and blue eyes. When will everybody be the “perfect” color that brings us all together… I remember that South Park episode where the people came from the future and they were a weird color, a mixture of all races I suppose…but it was funny. They spoke an odd language, too. They came back to take all our jobs.

5. Jo says:

So, let me understand. . . if we take his advice, white people should only vote for other white people? But it’s not supposed to be about race? .. …… I’m confused. But come to think of it, I am a bit tired of being called a racist because I disagree with our much touted and ballyhooed ‘first black president’ so at this point, sounds like good advice to me. You can’t scream for ‘equality’ and the disregard for race while at the same time using it to your advantage in any disagreement on policy.

6. Steve Hussein Skubinna says:

Well, no point imagining a white pol saying something like that, because there are none – at least on the right side – who even think that way. To find one you need move to the Dems, the home of racial and identity politics and of such sterling characters as Robert Byrd – and his ilk George Wallace and Lester Maddox.

7. kem says:

I am so sick of the lefts double standard.It’s discusting.There will never be equality because then the left would be out of business without anyone to enslave.

8. kem says:

Where is the CWC (Congressional White Caucus) when you need them?Oh,there isn’t a CWC?Maybe its time!!