Gov. Chris Christie the Chivalrous

Posted by: ST on September 23, 2010 at 5:27 pm

NJ.com reports on another impressive moment in the political life of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie:

LOS ANGELES — True to his tough-guy persona, Gov. Chris Christie mixed it up today with a political naysayer, who heckled California Republican gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman at a political rally.

Christie was concluding a town hall meeting with Whitman when an angry audience member criticized her for not taking questions.

“What are you hiding?” shouted Ed Buck, in jeans and a light shirt in the front row of the 400-person event. “You’re looking like Arnold in a dress,” he said in a reference to outgoing California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Before Whitman could respond, Christie stepped down from the stage and got in Buck’s face.

“Hey, listen. You know what. You want to yell, yell at me,” Christie said, shutting down Buck as Christie’s bodyguards calmly but quickly approached the two men. “It’s people who raise their voices and yell and scream like you who are dividing this country. We’re here to bring this country together.”

Why can I not get the Godfather theme out of my mind right now? ;)

Here’s video of the exchange (via The Right Scoop):

I’m sure some of the more radical liberal feminists in California probably flipped out for a couple of reasons when they heard the news of Christie’s stepping in on behalf of Whitman: 1) They hate Whitman and Christie and likely would have rather the heckler just went on and on, and 2) the thought of a man stepping in to defend a woman is deeply offensive to uber-left wing women who believe doing so is an “insult” to independent women worldwide because – in the minds of liberal feminists, anyway – a chivalrous man is a “dominant” type who believes women should sit back, be “subservient,” and let the man fight all of her battles. Of course, in reality that is NOT in any way what chivalrous men are really all about, but in the warped minds of militant feministas, especially in California, a man stepping in to speak on behalf of a woman is considered no different from a man slapping a woman.

Christie is a politically incorrect man who who, thankfully, says what’s on his mind regardless of what the political consequences may be. Not only that, but in a time where so many politicos in this country are unwilling to take a stand and instead prefer to straddle the fence, he seems to have a good sense of what’s right and what’s wrong and he acts accordingly, in spite of naysayers. Whether or not Whitman needed “rescuing” here is a debate others can have. But I am going on record to say that I appreciated him acting on his instincts, and for the reminder that there are indeed still gentlemen left in politics.

20 Responses to “Gov. Chris Christie the Chivalrous”

Comments

1. TexasDoc says:

The idiot was so brave as long as no one would challenge him. The minute Christie stood up to the crap, the idiot folded like a cheap card table in a windstorm. How very stereotypical of the liberal windbag.

2. Old Goat says:

The PC crowd know what PC is all about. Its about shaping and controlling thoughts.

Cristie doesn’t bow to the altar of PC. That alone, from a politician, is refreshing.

I’m a fairly good-sized person, even if I am fat and old. I can tell you from experience that a larger size makes it a lot easier to get someone else’ attention, and Christie is a fairly good-sized chunk. He obviously got that chicken-heart’s attention.

The left seems so brave when they have exceeding numbers, but, just like the schoolyard bully, go peacefully (if petulantly) when confronted by anything that could be thought to present a possible threat to their person.

That’s also why the TEA parties are peaceful. They aren’t full of bull-manure loudmouths, just people certain in their own abilities and strengths.

I have to wonder if this guy is now going to get the “Joe the Plumber” treatment…. Ohhh Wait…. It’s not our side that does that stuff. – Lorica

5. Phineas says:

Note to self: hasten human cloning so we can have 49 more of the “Governor Christie” model. :d

6. Richard says:

A political candidate -regardless of the party affiliation- shouldn’t be afraid to take questions irrespective of whether the person wanting to ask questions is a supporter or opponent of that political candidate.

Gov. Christie confronting the heckler with the tough guy approach might have impressed Whitman supporters but beyond that Gov. Christie acted like a bully toward the heckler.

7. Tango says:

….Christie is scoring more points accidentally than most others are on purpose. Good on him! :-)

8. Old Goat says:

LINK

The guy is apparently a plant from the Dems to disrupt. Not surprising, they do this stuff all the time, but now too many are on to their games.

9. Old Goat says:

Oops, btw, that was on Powerline.

LINK

Didn’t mean to pass giving a hat tip.:”>

Can anyone here imagine Dingy Harry, a former “boxer” (obviously got what few brains he ever had beaten to a pulp), coming to the rescue of Nazi Pelousy?

Matter of fact, can you imagine anyone coming to her rescue?

11. Noir says:

Yes Christie is a large man and that means he is larger than most of the shortey dictator types……Castro, Ahmadinajad, Kim Jong-Mentally Ill, Hu,probably all the leaders of the..ahem…”kingdoms” in the middle East.

Anybody know Chavez` height and weight?

If Christie keeps on like this I`d love to see a debate with a straight talker like him and our teleprompter-in-chief.

12. Kate says:

Fabulous…and please Richard, he was standing up to a very rude and insistent non-gentleman who was an obvious plant by her democratic opponent or sent by some state union. Those are their tactics….that is what a bully is. If he wanted to debate he should be running for senator in CA and not be a paid stooge.

Thank you Governor for being such a gentleman and for your courageous stand for true freedom of speech.

13. Old Goat says:

Obama would look and sound pretty pitiful debating Cristie. I don’t see it happening though. I don’t think Cristie has the inspiration to run for President.

I do think he would be a very strong contender. I think the American people would like to see someone who comes across as honest, straight shooting, and accessible. Cristie fits that bill. He isn’t afraid, like Obama is, to answer questions to tough questions. He isn’t afraid to state his agenda and goals, like Obama and the Dems are.

With the financial mess we are in, it would take someone with an actual backbone in office to turn things around. I think Cristie could do that.

14. Old Goat says:

Richard, it was Ed Buck, a political operative from California who was trying to act like a bully. Throwing insults. Cristie stood up to the bully.

15. Paul says:

I give Governor Christie credit- he reacted as I hope that I would have in his place. People should be civil even if they disagree politically.As for that idiot Buck I have nothing to say. :)

16. Valerie says:

I think we need to clone 50 more of Christie – one for a governor for each and every state (California first, please!!!!!) and one for the White House!! Imagine the America we would have then!!!

Variety is the spice of life, Valerie, and even though most of the jackass governors are either putrid or stale, or both, I personally wouldn’t want it any other way.

That being said, I do wish winning candidates would have to live to SOME standard of honesty, both about campaign promises and general graft, theft and social mayhem. With people like Rangle, Waters, Obama, Reid and Pelousy running wild the future of our nation is in dangerous hands.

18. MissJean says:

“A political candidate -regardless of the party affiliation- shouldn’t be afraid to take questions…”

Political operative or not, people shouldn’t be interrupting speeches with demands to ask questions right then and there. This is a pet peeve of mine. There was a local “meet the candidate” function, and some candidates couldn’t get through a statement of their positions without yahoos yelling questions and/or comments right over top of them. The worst was a guy near me who had a running commentary about “this guy probably believes…” while the candidate was introduced with facts that contradicted what Mr. Loadmouth was blathering on about.

19. Mahwah says:

I knew Ed Buck back in the early eighties, when he and I were living next door to each other in a tiny dilapidated apartment complex in Phoenix. I remember a few things about him then. One, he was working on something that had to do with computers that he said would revolutionize business, and two, he had a very active gay lifestyle. A few years later, I heard he became a millionaire in the budding IT industry, and watched him on TV as he led the recall drive to remove Republican Evan Mecham from his post as Governor of Arizona. He claims that ‘the Republican Party left me’, but he was Republican only in the area of free market business, and I’d venture a guess that he hasn’t been a Republican (if indeed he ever was) for at least 25 years. I have to wonder though, knowing Buck’s (as he preferred to be called) proclivities, was his comment about Whitman looking like ‘Ahhnold in a dress’ simply a fantasy somehow shouted aloud rather than an insult?