Posted by: ST on March 2, 2011 at 10:14 am

New Tone violation alert:

Protests against Gov. Scott Walker’s budget and the battle for access to the Capitol took a tense turn last night when GOP Sen. Glenn Grothman was locked out of the building and was eventually surrounded by hundreds of angry protesters, according to the Cap Times.

The paper reports that State Rep. Brett Hulsey, a Democrat from Madison, intervened and tried to calm the crowd. The incident lasted 5 to 10 minutes and firefighters eventually cleared a path for Grothman and Hulsey to make their way to a side entrance to the building.

“This guy and I disagree on everything, but we’re friends,” the Cap Times quotes Hulsey as telling the demonstrators. “This is a peaceful protest. You need to back away.”

Grothman downplayed the situation and told the paper he didn’t think he was ever in any real danger.

“I really think if I had had to, I could have walked through the crowd and it would have been okay,” he told the Cap Times. “They’re loud, they’ll give you the finger, and they yell at you, but I really think deep down inside they’re just mostly college kids having fun, just like they’re having fun sleeping with their girfriends on air mattresses. That’s the guts of that crowd.”

Michelle Malkin has the video.

The recent history of the union thuggery  going on in Madison – in which Gov. Walker has been compared to Hitler numerous times, and in which veiled threats of violence have been issued –  has been well-documented.  But which side is the President defending?  You won’t be surprised:

“I believe that everybody should be prepared to give up something to solve our budget challenges,” Obama said. “In fact, many public employees in your respective states have already agreed to cuts. But let me also say this: I don’t think it does anybody any good when public employees are denigrated or vilified or when their rights are infringed upon.”

I think we should just have another Beer Summit.  That’ll resolve everything. 8-|

10 Responses to “Thugocracy in action in Madison, WI as protesters corner, shout curse words at state GOP senator”

Comments

One thing’s certain ’bout the teachers union in this case. They’ll never be investigated for having weapons of mass instruction.

Heck, they’ll never be investigated for having weapons of effective instruction!

And if that’s what this Grothman dude really believes about the union demonstrators, he must be a jackass calling himself a Republican. A real Republican would understand the whole concept of Obhammud’s call for “civility”, starting with “it’s OK to call elephants out on “flaming rhetoric” but it’s better if we leftists just beat the crap outta anyone who disagrees with us.”

2. Paul says:

Thuggery in action in the Capitol.

3. NC Cop says:

Says the man who denigrates and villifies anyone who disagrees with him!!! 8-|

4. your mama says:

Where’s the outrage?
    Where are the alphabet newscasters
    screaming for civility?
    Why the silence on this?

5. bob jones says:

It is alright to vilify and attack protestors and politicians as long as they are conservatives, Tea Party members or Republicans. This administration has made that perfectly clear, they better have their fun while they can, because their party is rapidly coming to an end.Socialists and racists will be on the endangered species list by 2012.

Unfortunately, BJ, socialists are too numerous to disappear, at least at this time.

Not the socialist politicians like Pelousy, Dingy and Obhammud, but the unionists, both the leadership and the rank and file who believe that it was only an oversight by the Founding Fathers that they left out the God-given right to force or bully others into submitting to their demands.

The sad thing is, though, is that if you explain to the rank and file exactly what is going on, they look at you like you’ve got two heads with three eyes on each. You might as well be speaking Klingonese to them.

Otherwise fairly intelligent people seem to have a hole in their thought processes when it comes to reasoning with them about what they gain when everyone else loses, especially if they work for the government are government workers employees.

7. Iva Biggin says:

Just more heated right wing rhetoric. Those gentle souls were singing church hymns to the Senator. Sarah Palin fooled with the sound track and photo shopped in the angry looking faces. I’m shocked that you all fell for it.

8. RM says:

It is remarkable how in two weeks the left has demonstrated everything the Tea Party have been falsely accused of in the last two years. If you want to know what the left is thinking, listen to what they accuse others of doing. A classic case of Freudian “projection”.

9. Sefton says:

I think we should just have another Beer Summit. That’ll resolve everything.

ST – I was thinking the same. I’m sure the Cambridge P.D. had a good laugh at President Hypocrite’s quote about denigrating public employees. After all, they “acted stupidly” according to King High and Mighty.

Edit: RM – Exactly.

10. Kate says:

Is is how the teachers would like their students to act in class? No respect for those in authority?

I personally would be embarrassed if I saw a teacher I knew acting this way. I would have to write them a letter and let them know that their examples in public are a disgraceful display and not one I would want my child exposed to or have to explain.

…and as was said above by Carlos…you can be sure that those still prostesting are not fully informed of why they are protesting. They are just following marching orders of their union heads.