Hey, maybe Obama has started to heal the oceans after all!

Posted by: ST on May 12, 2011 at 7:17 pm

“The journey will be difficult. The road will be long. I face this challenge with profound humility, and knowledge of my own limitations. But I also face it with limitless faith in the capacity of the American people. Because if we are willing to work for it, and fight for it, and believe in it, then I am absolutely certain that generations from now, we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless; this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal …”Democrat presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama (D-IL), 6/3/08

Remember that lofty rhetoric? Most of us believed at the time that it was a promise that could never be realized by anyone here on Earth, but perhaps we were mistaken – at least if you listen to Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards. From a Tweet earlier today (via Jill Stanek):

President Obama came to Austin in the midst of a drought – and this morning – raining cats and dogs! Hallelujah!

Screen cap:

Cecile Richards Tweet

Believe!

Once the Obamessiah, always the Obamessiah – to some people, anyway. :-\

8 Responses to “Hey, maybe Obama has started to heal the oceans after all!”

Comments

1. Phineas says:

I’m still waiting for someone to suggest human sacrifice to appease Obama.

I mean, if you’re gonna have a cult, you might as well go all the way. 8-|

2. Drew says:

To put things into some sort of perspective, you will notice he said “I” three times in that one short quote. But after all, he was simply addressing his favorite subject: himself.

3. Kate says:

Oh I suppose we can call him Elijah Barack Obama now?

And then we can also say he called fire down from the sky because of all the fires in Texas.

And we can say he was the power behind all the tornados in Alabama.

And we can say he caused the earthquakes and tsunami in Japan….

Great work if you can get it.

4. PE says:

he am who is?

The “Not-so-Great I Am,” for those of you who know your Bible.

6. Sefton says:

Former SEIU member and current butcher kissing up to another advocate of extinguishing innocent life, the bloodstained one himself.

The mocking using of Hallelujah (Glory to God) is the least of her worries.

7. captaingrumpy says:

Some people believe anything.

I remember going to Paris,and there was a lady out of work.
    Low and behold,the moment I walked through the door,she had money in her hand.
    It’s a miracle…….