Samuel L. Jackson pulls a Morgan Freeman – and Rep. Allen West goes off

Posted by: ST on October 5, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I love, love, love, love this story!

Jackson recently joined his Hollywood colleague Morgan Freeman in calling members of the tea party racist.

“I think everything right now is geared toward getting that guy out of office, whatever that means,” Jackson told New York Magazine. “It’s not politics. It is not economics. It all boils down to pretty much to race. It is a shame.”

[On Fox News today] Allen, the only Republican member of the Congressional Black Caucus and a tea party favorite, blasted the actor’s comments and accused him of losing sight of more important issues like the high jobless rate among the country’s African-American community.

“Samuel L. Jackson, I guess, disregards the 16.7 percent unemployment rate in the black community, a 20 percent unemployment rate for black adult males and a 45-46 percent unemployment for black teenagers,” the Florida Republican said. “I think the racism that he is talking about is coming out of the White House and this administration.”

Ouch.  That must be what they mean when they say “the truth hurts.”

Continuing:

West warned Jackson against using the tea party movement as a “scapegoat,” insisting that conservatives are trying to fix the economy and turn around the unemployment numbers in the black community.

The perfect example? Herman Cain.

West said the Republican presidential candidate “negates” the recent comments by Jackson and Freeman.

How dare West let facts get in the way of a good ol’ fashioned ill-informed “rant”??  Would love to see him debate Jackson or Freeman any day of the week.  Wouldn’t be a fair fight, tho … for Jackson and Freeman.  As the saying goes, “Never show up for a battle of wits unarmed” …

20 Responses to “Samuel L. Jackson pulls a Morgan Freeman – and Rep. Allen West goes off”

Comments

1. dwalk says:

Allen West will make one heck of a president one day.

2. TexasMom2012 says:

Just a great guy. And both West and Cain prove that the TEA party likes conservatives of all races. We care about their character and ideas. Truly proud and honored to have such classy men on our side. God Bless both of them. They will continue to remain in my prayers for God’s blessing and protection.

3. Stephen Morgan says:

The problem with any Black being in the White House is that they will feel obligated to provide preferential treatment to other blacks instead of equal treatment of all. Its in their genetic makeup to act as a tribal species and do whats good only for their tribe and not for outsiders. (whites and other races).

4. dmandman says:

To #3. I really think you should re-think that “tribal” statement. Both West and Cain (as well as some other black conservatives) would take great exception to that thinking and my impression is that it would be very alien to their thought. I think when you look up “Square Shooter” in the dictionary I think there is a good chance either West’s or Cain’s picture would be attached to it.

5. Tim Barnes says:

Well, I had a comment about Hollywood “stars” being Judas goats, leading the liberal sheep to socialism, but that last comment left me almost speechless. That’s the kind of hate and bigotry the left loves to pounce on and attribute to everyone who isn’t on their side. I can’t believe that kind of thinking still exists. If that’s how you believe, then say it’s your opinion, don’t state it as fact.

6. Janelle says:

LtCl West, now Congressman West is a good bet for the Fl Senate or 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

7. SpideyTerry says:

Wow, Allen West rocks. As for Jackson, I long for the day where the intelligent members of the Hollywood take part in political discussions. Unfortunately, those guys and girls are too busy having actual careers. They don’t need to mouth off on the topic of the day just to remind the masses that they’re still alive.

8. Great White Rat says:

Yes, that’s right. The Tea Party folk hate having a black guy in the White House so much that they’re flocking to… umm… errrr…. wait, another black guy??

9. ironhorzmn says:

If you oppose Obama you’re ‘racist’. If you support Herman Cain, you’re still ‘racist’.

If you want to replace an incompetent black President with a black candidate with a genuine record of accomplishment and management and executive experience, you’re really, really ‘racist’.

Why does anyone take these lunatics seriously?

10. Rob says:

Dang, two more of my favorite actors bit the dust. I just wish these guys would do what they do best, act. I’ll never be able to watch the “Unforgiven” the same way again.

Not that I ever go to the movies anyway, but I certainly won’t be going to see any of their films again, and won’t watch them on TV, either.

I’m only one person, and such a piddling action on my part won’t even make a ripple. But if enough “me’s” do the same thing pretty soon it will show up at the box office and Arbitron scores, and maybe those vicious capitalist pig people who push the likes of Freeman and Jackson on us will get the hint and let them know their bank accounts are about to tank.

Nothing says you’re wrong to a socialist better than a dwindling bank account.

12. SpeakEasy says:

Speaking of jobs, sadly, Steve Jobs died today. Obama was told, “Sir, today we lost Jobs,” to which he replied, “That was George Bush’s fault, not mine!”

What, too soon?

13. DV1252x says:

Actually I think that West may end up as Veep. Reason: military service, especially in combat and crisis situations. What more could you ask for? Unless, General Petraeus would take the job, and I don’t think he will.

14. Ralph Gizzip says:

What, too soon?

“Gallows Humor” can be a touchy subject but the appeal of humor well done is that it contains an element of truth.

My comment you, sir, is “Well done.”

15. Liz says:

I’m beginning to think if you are Hollywwod AND black you can say whatever you want. Calling Tea Party racist is a cool thing among the Hollywood elite, they don’t have to study the cause or even look who makes up the members (some of them black and Obama voters!).

Really, who pays attention to their ranting as it is always uninformed and the same? Remember Matt Damon’s dinosaur comment? Ha!People like me never pay to see him. Morgan will be much tougher!

16. DeanH says:

It is glaringly clear that racism is now based on whether or not you vote democrat. What I think of Hollywood would clog a toilet.

17. Marshall Art says:

Most Hollywood types who open their mouths prove they are incapable of acting intelligent to any believable extent in real life. The stupidity just shines through. They don’t realize how they embarrass themselves with their baseless allegations. These situations always brings to mind the title of one of Laura Ingraham’s books, “Shut Up And sing”. Or act, as the case may be.

18. Kate says:

I wish these same “actors” would get their hands on some facts instead of repeating their standard left wing mantras.

Why arent’ Morgan and Sam living in the ‘hood and helping the brothers and sisters? Why aren’t they mentoring young black men into making good life choices? I would like to see them deal personally with all those unemployed black teens and adults who are looking for a job, while they have the cake job of reading words and acting!

Until thenI advise them to keep their opinions to themselves and let their actions speak for themselves.

19. Isaac says:

Just ask them what evidence they have and that will pretty much shut them up. Also, why is unemployment in the black community more important than unemployment in any other community? Pull your pants up, stop walking around with hateful look on your face and stop blaming white ppl for everything and you might find a job.