Posted by: ST on October 7, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Absolutely priceless:

Via CBS 12, which has a recap:

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Hundreds of protesters gathered in Cesar Chavez Park on Thursday to stand in solidarity with the growing nationwide demonstrations aimed at corporate greed, but some members of the peaceful event showed hostility to media members over basic questions about the goals of the protest.

“Occupy Sacramento,” which was portrayed as the local foothold for the rally that has entered its third week in front of Wall Street in New York City, drew impassioned speakers and a wide variety of viewpoints when the rally began Thursday morning, with demonstrations lasting past midnight.

Organizer Anthony Bondi said he has what he referred to as a “message team” working on the primary goals of the local protests, which he admitted “was kind of vague.”

“That message team will reveal that tomorrow [Friday] morning,” Bondi said.

“So you guys are in the process of forming the reasons why you are here?” asked CBS13 reporter Tony Lopez.

“Exactly correct,” Bondi said.

Please, please watch the video if you don’t do anything else tonight. To me, it sort of encapsulates the whole “Occupy Wall Street” movement in a nutshell: Full of clueless, aimless mostly 20-something hippie-like wanderers who would rather skip school and/or work who use the excuse of wanting to “be a part of the movement” in an effort to sound self-important, grown-up, and “informed.” Joined in shameless “solidarity” by union thugs. What miserable failures. Especially the “mother” who planned to camp out at the protest camp with her infant child, in spite of the fact that it was going to be a chilly night, and in spite of the fact that police had said that it was against the law to sleep there overnight. Shame on her for using her child as a kiddie human shield. Absolutely despicable.

And, no, NOTHING like the Tea Party, mainstream media.

BTW, there is an “Occupy” protest going on tomorrow here in Charlotte. I’ve disqualified myself from attending on the grounds that I put a great deal of value and importance on cleanliness and hygiene, not to mention knowledge and sanity …

17 Responses to “VIDEO: Occupy Sacto organizer, attendees don’t know what the Occupy “message” is”

Comments

1. Tex says:

I’ve listened to more than one network’s interviews of these protesters and even the media seems dumbfounded as to what exactly they’re protesting. Just listening to more than a few of them they seem to be made up of a mixture of union members, “professional protesters”, anarchist wannabes, socialists on the verge of losing power in 2012, and rich kids living off of their rich parent’s money with nothing better to do with their lives.

At least it has been a treasure trove of entertainment listening to the protesters stumble through trying to articulate what and why they’re protesting. Most of them sound like complete imbeciles.

2. TexasDoc says:

Oh Good Lord. They are protesting but don’t know what or why?

The 60s are over. Please return to your commune and stay out of the way.

3. Great White Rat says:

ST, you might think about showing up with a big stack of employment applications. They wouldn’t go near you. It’s like a cross to a vampire.

So basically what they’re saying is that not only are they trying to “find themselves,” they are trying to “find out what the heck I’m doing here,” too?

Kinda reminds me of the old song, “Please, Mr. Custer, I don’t Wanna Go.” Only this time it’s “I don’t wanna know – anything. My mind’s made up and I can’t handle any facts, and Mom, if you’re listening, please send more money.”

5. Neo says:

This entire “Occupy[fill in the blank]” movement is solidly based on denial. It’s denial that “debt” is a problem for the country.

The premier model for this denial is our POTUS. After weeks of political wrangling over “a down payment of the debt,” he comes back with a new program of spending with a price tag over a year or two roughly half the size of the ten year savings. No matter whether there are new taxes or not, this just isn’t serious. He just wants to “ignore away” the debt.

Meanwhile, these demonstrations seem to be based mostly on students with a debt burden who want to ignore what they had signed up for. Why should they take responsibility when the POTUS doesn’t take responsibility for his spending.

The elephant in the room is that the target of the demonstrations, the banks, while getting capitalization through “bridge loans” from the government, had to pay back the money they got from the government, while many of the recipients of the largesse of TARP and the “stimulus” (i.e the unions) are rushing to join the demonstrators.

They seem to believe that they can “let the good times roll” again if they can just make somebody else pay for their last binge.

This entire exercise shows that there are few, if any, grown-ups in the room of our “Occupy”-ers, and the POTUS isn’t one of them.

6. Bill G says:

First came the TEA Party, Taxed Enough Already.
    Now we have the GUM Party. Give Us More.

7. Jim McDonald says:

Someone needs to contact protective services and take that child away from it’s mother.

Actually, Jim, someone needs to contact the police and take the mother away from the children.

And that’s where we come in, if you consider the voters “the police.”

I have come to the belief that since both Van Jones and Bill Ayers are involved with this “movement”, that they are getting their orders directly from the President. I keep thinking of the term “Plausable deny-ablility”, and I think this President is utilizing it. – Lorica

10. Tom TB says:

Everytime I see or hear someone involved with this “movement”, I go away knowing less about it than I did before. The ’60s people were coherent in their craziness, plus they made better music…

11. Brontefan says:

Clueless people ..out protesting something they cannot articulate… demonstrates first hand how the dumbing down of the American population has succeeded–thanks to the Dept. of Education and the Marxist professors.

12. H Hazell says:

Several articles have noted the growing sanitation issues and questionable hygiene of the participants. The so called American Autumn could use some Irish Spring.

@Tom TB: Plus, the women/girls were better looking back then ta boot. Some of the ones I’ve seen this time around were what we used to refer to as “four-baggers!”

Yes, I know that was terribly sexist, so sue me. I’m not so old I can’t remember those days, nor so old I can’t remember why.

14. H Hazell says:

Several commenters here are really onto something. What would happen if someone were to show up with a mini job fair and employment listings for real jobs?

My view of the occupation efforts is that they are a product of those who know that they can not build anything to compete with capitalism straight up so capitalism must be destroyed. None of these people are builders, they are either destroyers or spectators.

It is simply the beginning stage of what will become the reason Obhammud will declare martial law about October 30, 2012, and suspend the elections. Financed by that supreme socialist-made-rich-by-capitalism, Georgie Pudgie Soros. Fats wouldn’t have it any other way, and he’s got the perfect house boy to do his bidding, one that hasn’t an ethical bone in his body nor a brain in his head to figure out how he’s been played his entire life.