Posted by: ST on October 9, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Again, in spite of the duhnials coming from the various “Occupy leaders” around the country that the marches currently taking place in various cities around the country are full of “diverse” groups of “all types,” this movement IS full of clueless slackers, actual hippies, college-age hippies in training, diehard unionistas, and other various “gimme mine” types who – oddly – rail against government bailouts but yet who demand that the government bail THEM out. This picture, taken from yesterday’s “Occupy Charlotte” protest, says it all:

Photo from Occupy Charlotte - 10/8/11

Photo from Occupy Charlotte - 10/8/11. Taken by @sherilucia

Need I say more? Oh – but I will. I “live Tweeted” a lot of the happenings going on yesterday even though I wasn’t there, and saw a picture of someone who brought their infant child – a potential kiddie human shield* – with them, and also watched a disturbing video from their first gathering in which cult-like chants and hand-raising seemed to be the norm – the same type of mindset, chants, and weird hand displays can be seen in this video of the Occupy Atlanta protest from yesterday where, I kid you not, the “General Assembly” of Occupy Atlanta denied civil rights activist Rep. John Lewis a chance to speak.

Unsurprisingly, we have to look to UK news outlets for other disturbing media from the various “Occupy” protests, including one of a disgusting punk defecating on a police cruiser. I don’t have to tell you how big this news would be had it been a Tea Partier doing something so despicable.

Again, lamestream media, these thugs and other various and assorted “Gimmieites” are NOTHING like the freedom-loving Tea Partiers.

The Charlotte Observer reports there were between 500 and 600 protesters in uptown Charlotte yesterday, with approximately 35 camping out overnight. More protests are in the works for later this week, and definitely for Saturday afternoon.

I got into a “discussion” of sorts yesterday with a “We are the 99%” liberal who tried to “help” me with an issue I posted about on Twitter. I have a close family member who works at BOA uptown and I was concerned about her safety so much to the point that I called her to warn her about what she may see on Monday (angry wackos occupying the bank lobby and trying to prevent customers from having their needs met and workers from getting to their offices). Fortunately, she’ll probably be working from home tomorrow. Shortly after talking to her. I quipped on Twitter about how the “occupiers” view people like that family member as “corporately owned” because they worked for BOA. The “We are the 88%” guy (who went by the Twitter handle “@OccupyHomes“) responded to me by saying:

Is she a gov’t worker paid by BoA? If so, yes. If not, she is a private sector worker. I hope this helps you overcome.

Gee, I feel so much better now that I’m “better informed” about which category my family member falls into (for the record, she’s a private sector worker. Whew).

As to the larger point, my friend Dr. Melissa Clouthier earlier Tweeted what I feel is the question of the weekend:

Where were these Occupy Wallstreet types when the #Teaparty was decrying bank bailouts?

The answer is because, unlike these “The Man owes me something” types, Tea Partiers don’t support taxpayer bailouts for anyone, not corporations and not individuals. Ideally, if you get yourself into debt it’s up to you to get yourself out of it – no matter whether you’re GM or John Doe. If you’ve got a college loan debt, you work to pay it off. No one forced you nor your parents to sign on the dotted line on those loan documents. IOW, you aren’t “owed” anything by anyone. In short, it’s about a little thing called “personal responsibility.”

Naturally, the “me first” types at these protests, who are mostly self-centered college kids (no surprise) and aging hippies who never grew up, don’t understand nor support such a seemingly antiquated concept. And yet the myth persists that it’s conservatives who are the “selfish” ones?

(Note: Click here for more on the myth about alleged lack of generosity on the part of conservatives)

Lastly, you’ve got to find it mildly ironic – not to mention hilarious – that these so-called “anti-corporatists” are using their corporate Droid phones to communicate, drinking corporate Starbucks coffee to “stay awake,” and are using their iPads to “document” and “report” on all the happenings at their respective Occupy headquarters. Not to mention the corporate clothing they’re wearing and corporate food they’re eating …

Oh, and speaking of eating and drinking, you’ve GOT to see this (bolded emphasis added by me):

Panini and Company Cafe normally sells sandwiches to tourists in Lower Manhattan and the residents nearby, but in recent days its owner, Stacey Tzortzatos, has also become something of a restroom monitor. Protesters from Occupy Wall Street, who are encamped in a nearby park, have been tromping in by the scores, and not because they are hungry.

Ms. Tzortzatos’s tolerance for the newcomers finally vanished when the sink was broken and fell to the floor. She installed a $200 lock on the bathroom to thwart nonpaying customers, angering the protesters.

“I’m looked at as the enemy of the people,” she said.

The anticorporate participants in Occupy Wall Street, which began three weeks ago, say they have no intention of leaving soon. The protest has been building in size, with sister demonstrations erupting in other cities, and politicians, labor leaders and celebrities adding their support. But for many neighborhood businesses, the protest’s end cannot come soon enough. In interviews, business owners said they were especially annoyed that the organizers of the grass-roots movement neglected to include portable toilets in their plan to bring down Wall Street.

Residents, too, say they are losing patience.

Mothers have grown weary of navigating strollers through the maze of barricades that have sprouted along the streets. Toddlers have been roused from sleep just after bedtime by chanting and pounding drums.

Heather Amato, 35, a psychologist who lives near the protest area, said she felt disturbed by some of the conduct of the protesters. She said she had to shield her toddler from the sight of women at the park dancing topless. “It’s been three weeks now,” Ms. Amato said. “Enough is enough.”

Local politicians have expressed sympathy for the residents’ complaints, even as they try to avoid offending the protesters. The speaker of the State Assembly, Sheldon Silver, a Democrat whose district includes Zuccotti Park, the site of the protests, said on Wednesday that the neighborhood had been burdened enough by the protesters’ takeover of one of the few parks in the area.

“I would suggest that they move their message to other parts of the city and state,” Mr. Silver said.

Zuccotti Park is privately owned but open to the public. Melissa Coley, a spokeswoman for Brookfield Office Properties, which owns the park, said in a statement that sanitation conditions had reached “unacceptable levels.”

“We continue to work with the City of New York to address these conditions and restore the park to its intended purpose,” the statement read.

Brookfield apparently has not asked the police to remove the protesters. On Friday, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said that the authorities were somewhat limited because Zuccotti was not in the city park system, which usually bars people from sleeping overnight in parks.

Still, Mr. Bloomberg expressed sympathy for residents. On his radio show, he received a call from a woman whose apartment overlooks the park.

“I want to know about my rights to use that park,” the woman said. “This is our little sliver of greenery that we reclaimed after Sept. 11. It’s now unusable. There is a general presence of incivility down there.

Mr. Bloomberg responded, “We are trying to deal with this in a way that doesn’t make the problem grow and protects everybody’s rights.”

Several businesses said they had no choice but to respond to the influx of protesters by closing bathrooms.

Mike Keane, who owns O’Hara’s Restaurant and Pub, said that the theft of soap and toilet paper had soared and that one protester had used the bathroom but had failed to properly use the toilet. Both Ms. Tzortzatos, owner of the Panini and Company Cafe, and Mr. Keane said the protesters rarely bought anything, yet hurled curses when they were told that only paying customers could use their bathrooms.

Steve Zamfotis, manager of another nearby store, Steve’s Pizza, said: “They are pests. They go to the bathroom and don’t even buy a cup of coffee.”

Mr. Zamfotis closed his bathroom after it repeatedly flooded from protesters’ bathing there.

Kira Annika, a spokeswoman for the protesters, wrote in an e-mail that she had not heard such complaints: “We were under the impression that the local business community appreciated our patronage.”

In a widely distributed pamphlet, “Welcome to Liberty Plaza: Home of Occupy Wall Street,” participants were instructed where to find relief. “After you’ve dined,” it reads, “feel free to refresh yourself in the restrooms of neighboring businesses like Burger King and McDonald’s without feeling obligated to buy anything.”

You stay classy, leftists.

*The reason I object so strongly to leftists (I don’t have an issue with conservatives doing so) bringing their children with them to protests is because of the tendency of some of the more fanatical left wing protesters to get rowdy and violent, which then of course brings in the police, the pepper pray, etc. Liberals, of course, know this – which is exactly why they bring young kids to protests because they know a police officer would never knowingly harm a child. As far as I’m concerned, any parent who brings their child to a liberal protest is guilty of child abuse. Like this idiot “mother.”

• Maggie's Farm trackbacked with Tuesday morning links...
  • 22 Responses to “Photo of the Day from Occupy Charlotte: “I’m $100k in debt. I’m 22. Yay College””

Comments

1. Jessica says:

That picture is actually from Saturday 10/8.

2. ST says:

NO! Really? I’d have never guessed:

This picture, taken from yesterday’s “Occupy Charlotte” protest, says it all:

3. proof says:

Yeah. We’d better start protesting against “Big Education” here pretty soon. Wasn’t “student loans” a big deal to get many of these protesters out in the streets? Maybe if Big Education wasn’t ripping them off so much.

Free education for everybody!

(Removes tongue from cheek.)

4. Susan says:

All the College Kidz are saaaayyyinngg is: “For our $100,000 useless idiot intellectually-inbred degrees we are the Lost Generation indebted to Serfdom for eternity”

5. BBHunter says:

- The entire gaggle of asocial misfits on the Left have flown over the coocoo nest.

– Reporters circulating through the pitiful ragtag group out here in San Diego asked the “why are you here?” question repeatedly.

The head organizer finally stated “We have a steering committee that will announce that tommorrow”.

– I understand that in NY the OWS “board” met for three hours over the issue of much needed sleeping bags, but finally adjourned with no concenscious of whether to “make or buy”.

– One reporter circulated through the small crowd of great unwashed asking what political affiliations people followed, getting the usuual spectrum of responses. One young fem replied “Oh, Marxist/Socialist….You know, just like Obama….”.

– When asked how she learned her philosophy she said “Well, from my two grad school profs amd my boyfriend.”

– Turned out the boyfriend is doing 20 for armed robbery, not sure about the status of the Profs.

6. Tex says:

Actually, having these brain dead zombie Liberals out on the streets making complete idiots of themselves is priceless for the Tea Party and Republican Party. Anyone sitting on the fence in 2012 would be fools not to vote for the Tea Party or Republican Party if this keeps up. The conservative candidates wouldn’t be able to afford campaign ads effective enough to win the number of seats in Congress and the Presidency that these clowns out in the street are going to provide for conservatives instead. Its gotta be a Godsend.

And on a related note, an apparent offshoot of about 100 of these candidates for the “Darwin Awards” broke off from their protests in Washington, DC this weekend and invaded the National Air and Space Museum causing it to be shut down. Their protests? They were demonstrating against the new military drone exhibit there.

And we all know how terrible those military drones are (for Al Qaeda, the Taliban, the Haqqani Network, and all their supporters).

You can’t make up stuff like this. And these are the people who’s people are in power in this country right now. They’re gonna hand total victory to the Tea Party and Republican Party in 2012. Its just priceless!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Rose says:

“I’m $100,000 in debt, I’m 22″ – to which I might add, no, I think you’re $135,000 some in debt – even the newborn baby is now at least 30 grand in the hole the day they’re born, and it’s getting worse – thanks to your hero Obama.

You’re 22. You’re not stupid – you ought to be able to figure this one out.

#OccupyWhiteHouse2012.

8. Ex-Military says:

Your apparent lack of compassion is disturbing.

You sound very arrogant when you paint with broad brush strokes.

When you say that their desiring a bailout is somehow contradictory to their railing against corporate bailouts (while drinking starbucks)… well, I don’t think it is contradictory.

I’m not in debt, nor am I close, but, yes, I STILL want a bailout… gimme my tax money back… I never told anyone they could use it to fund General Motors or ship it overseas to European banks. If I wanted General Motors to have my money, I would have bought a car from one of their dealers. But I can still be ticked off about this, and drive my GM Suburban (that is paid off)

It is the ‘collectivist’ collusion that is going on at the top that is wrong.

Nor did I want corporate interests hiring ex-DHS/TSA heads in order to install naked scanners in the airports.

Nor did I want corporate interests sitting at the head of Obama’s economic advisory board telling Obama how to screw the rest of the country, all the while, getting waivers and exceptions for themselves.

@Susan, thank you for being able to see a larger picture.

BTW, women dancing in parks, topless, is totally retarded, but don’t paint with such broad brush strokes.

9. Demise says:

Ever really wonder why the left wants you to go to college? Why of course its so that you continue your ultra leftist indoctrination in our leftist colleges and then end up 100k in debt and angry at Republicans for NOT GIVING YOU A JOB.

Then hopefully turning to the government for a “BAIL OUT”.

Non of this is unscripted or unplanned and anyone who thinks that progressives are NOT communists are still Optimists.

10. Kate says:

These folks are messy, unruly, do not respect authority and they don’t understand economics. Some of them them want to get rid of the FED. Then why are they not in Washington and letting the Congress and President know about their dissatisfaction! Some of these folks were at the Tax Day demostrations, they were all young college kids, but at least they knew they wanted government to change this organization, not get rid of “big business”.

The press coverage is nauseating because they are not really showing the true picture…just like when Obama ran for office.

The comments are all good, but remember, this is simply the setup for Obhammud’s real prize, declaring a national emergency because of all the riots and protests and declaring martial law and suspending the elections next year.

Should happen about October 30, 2012, or so.

And if they understood economics, they wouldn’t be in debt to the tune of $100,000, or would have known they would be on the hook for it after graduation.

12. 22 and NOT in college says:

ok, to everyone on here who is saying that because at 22, most of us are in college, we’re suddenly leftists and mad at republicans? I have been working since I was 13 years old, making money any way I could because I came from a single white parent who could barely afford to keep the roof over my and my brothers head. I didnt go to college because I couldnt afford to, and yet, guess what, Im STILL in debt trying to live. Now, I dont work for fast food or restuarants, Im talking higher end jobs like banking and law. I was laid off in March and Im living on my own, which means Im struggling. For alot of us who werent born into money, we struggle. I have a nice apartment, I have nice clothes, but alot of it was earned through 60 hours a week at work. I dont think any of you really understand what this protest was supposed to stand for, it wasnt to get told that they were leftists, alot of them were college students ( and as republicans, yall can appreciate college since alot of you think its important as well) but theyr living off of loans and trying to pay their way on nothing. It was a statement that at 22, you can be 100K in debt and still getting an education, not “come help me”.

13. this is why I don't go to church anymore says:

Well.
      I’m a ‘northern belle’ brought up in a conservative, Christian home. That being said, your blog disgusts me-just from this one article. I may go ahead and read more to education myself on what it entails just so that I am less like you by actually KNOWING what I’m talking about before I completely bash it. But here’s a taste of your own medicine.
      How can you call yourself a Christian and tear apart your brothers and sisters with stale humor and biting sarcasm. Is that what Jesus would do? Is it not said specifically that only God can judge us? In that case, is your blog blasphemous? (the crime of assuming to oneself the rights or qualities of God.) I am a firm believer in that, because we are not all knowing as our Creator is. For example, you did not know that this girl is attending a college that has an $11 BILLION lawsuit against it for taking advantage of the students, their parents, or whoever is paying for “our $100,000 useless idiot intellectually-inbred degrees we are the Lost Generation indebted to Serfdom for eternity”-comment 4.
      On THAT note, congratulations on spreading hate, you cute-as-a-blumpkin WASP, you. As I said before, your blog disgusts me, but your followers actually make me sick.
      I just hope you spend some extra time with the big man upstairs and get your head and heart in the right place.

14. Tass says:

I think this mindset is broader than just the occupy wall street people…

Our office has magnetic locks that require a card for entry. I went to the store, picked up some glittery alphabet stickers and put my name on mine. 6 people in the office saw the card and immediately wanted their name on their card. When I replied that they too, could have their name on their card if they bought the stickers, I was called mean for not using my stickers and doing it for them.

I see something like that, and think “I could do that”…not “do it for me”

I just don’t get it anymore.

15. Great White Rat says:

Oh, this one just screams for a line-by-line fisking:

I’m a ‘northern belle’ brought up in a conservative, Christian home.

Good for you. Let’s see if either quality took hold.

That being said, your blog disgusts me-just from this one article.

OK, so the people who take a cr@p on police cruisers don’t disgust you, but pointing out such filth does. Whining about how the world owes you everything because you exist doesn’t disgust you, but objecting to unlimited handouts does. The hypocrisy that these mindless drones scream about wanting to smash corporations while relying on corporate products like iPads, iPhones, and the internet providers to get their marching orders doesn’t disgust you, but taking note of that fact does. The thoroughly creepy “general assembly” in Atlanta that denied a civil rights hero like John Lewis the chance to speak doesn’t disgust you, but highlighting it does. Got it….you are disgusted by independent and unscripted thought. Please continue.

So you admit you don’t know the facts because you haven’t “educationed” yourself yet, but that’s not going to stop you from bashing the blog or being disgusted with it. Well, I’ll give you credit for honesty…at least you admit you don’t know what you’re talking about.

So show us the verse where Jesus tells us never to think. And if you think Jesus didn’t have sharp words for some people, you probably only use the Bible for a doorstop. Actually, Jesus reserved most of his strongest denunciations to those who were self-righteous and considered themselves entitled and therefore better than others.

I am a firm believer in that, because we are not all knowing as our Creator is.

Yes, but you’re taking the “not all knowing” part to extremes.

You think that because the girl is attending a college that has a pending lawsuit (and by the way, where’s your link to prove that allegation? Or do you still need to “education” yourself on how to do that?), the hard-working taxpayer has to pony up for her poor choices? That’s a non sequitur if I’ve ever heard one (you can Google that term, but do be aware that Google is a ::shudder:: corporation).

Ah…considering what you said above “disgusts” you, you define “hate” as “anything that keeps me and my self-indulgent buddies from getting a free ride at someone else’s expense”. Understood.
      And by the way, are you now claiming to be God yourself? I’ve been a commenter here since before this blog had a half-million hits, and I don’t know whether ST is a WASP, much less a “blumpkin”, whatever that is. Looks like ONE of us is really hung up on ethnicity – unless you have some divine insight into ST’s lineage that the rest of us mere mortals lack.

And the same to you. Don’t hurry back, and don’t let the door hit you you-know-where on the way out.

ST, you really need to begin recruiting a better grade of troll….

@this (#13 above): Your rant about Christians would be much more effective if it portrayed biblical references accurately. The one you referenced (that we shouldn’t judge) is nearly laughable in its inaccuracy. If you look it up in the Bible (I assume you have one, or have access to one), you will find the the quote is not to judge others by standards different from the ones you judge yourself.

In other words, make sure your own life is clean in the area you are judging because that’s the standard you’ll be judged by. It has nothing to do with not judging other.

And @22 (#12 above): Way back in the old days (the 1960s) when grades still meant something and students were expected to regurgitate a modicum of what had been taught in classes, I was a full-time student (min. 15 credits/term), worked nearly full-time (38 hrs/wk), tutored three minority students, had a social life and, oh yeah, was married and had a child. Nobody even thought of expecting the government to bail us out.

Yes, I had student loans, but it was my name on the dotted line, not the taxpayers’, and no one assumed it was window dressing for future protests.

Like one of our Democrat presidents said long ago, if ya can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. If these brainless victim-wannabees don’t want the debt, stay out of school. I doubt seriously if any of them had a gun to their head when they signed the loan papers.

(Excellent response, GWR!)

17. ST says:

^:)^ Preach it, GWR!

18. sybilll says:

Have these lovely little heads of mush not stopped to consider that as of March 2010 their student loan interest is being used to fund ObamaCare? And yet, it is Wall Street to blame. Your student loan interest is being used to fund THE pet project of the man you youths put into office. Now knock it off and be patriotic. :)>-

19. Liz says:

Thank you Great White Rat for giving our Southern Christian Belle a mirror! Loved it! LOL!