The official #SOTU drinking game scorecard – PLUS: schedule of events

Posted by: ST on January 24, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Haha!

SOTU drinking card

SOTU drinking card.

(full version here)

Courtesy of the one and only @TXTrendyChick, who offers up these game rules:

Basically, every time one of the words, phrases, or camera shots occurs, you take a drink. If President Obama tells one of his personal, heartstring stories, take two drinks because you know he’s playing you – that’s why it’s on the card twice. There aren’t any winners or losers, if you get a whole row, you don’t win anything. The whole purpose is just to make this spectacle all the more bearable. Also, on a personal note, I’ll be taking an additional drink every time they show Sheila Jackson Lee falling all over herself to shake Obama’s hand. Wait, no… Anytime they show Sheila Jackson Lee at all. Yah, that’s reason enough. Happy watching!

I think it’s missing a few phrases, like “some say” and “let me be clear“, but it’s a great starting point. Just make sure you’re at home doing this and not at a bar where you’d have to drive home. I mean it! Of course, who in the heck would patronize a bar carrying the SOTU, anyway?

Hmmm. Oh yeah, we political junkies would, that’s who! :-b

For the record, tonight’s SOTU is scheduled to start at 9 ET, but of course the President will arrive fashionably late, as always. The focus of the speech? The NYT lays it out here. Hint: Expect it to be heavy on class warfare (no surprise there). Excerpts of the President’s speech are here.

As always, if you can’t get to a TV, you can watch the speech at C-SPAN.org (or listen to it via their Blackberry and iPhone apps!). Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels will be giving the Republican response. Excerpts here.

Update – 7:37 PM: Just found out Herman Cain will be delivering the Tea Party response to the SOTU – right after the GOP response.

Me? I won’t be watching. I’ll be busy praying America elects a Republican President so this will be the last time we hear President Obama give a SOTU.

Update – 7:15 PM: Was just informed by Sam Rosado about another SOTU drinking game, this one from Misfit Politics. Here are some of the phrases to drink to:

- If Obama says, “Let me be clear…”, take 1

- “Millionaires and Billionaires”, take 1

- “Fair share”, take 1

- “high-speed rail”, take 2

- There’s an outburst during the speech, take 4

- You notice Joe Biden nodding in agreement, take 1

- “We can’t wait”, take 1

- If Speaker Boehner is seen shaking his head, take 2

Heh.

BONUS: Don’t forget the “Presidential BS Bingo card”!

10 Responses to “The official #SOTU drinking game scorecard – PLUS: schedule of events”

Comments

If “Obama tells a story” means he relates some anecdotal incident that furthers his nefarious push to socialism, ok, but if “Obama tells a story” means he tells a lie, there’s few houses in the entire country that will have a stock of liquor that will handle that!

2. H Hazell says:

What happened to blaming Bush? Surely he’ll mention that he “inherited” the problems we face.

Well, here it is, 30 mins into his campaign speech and I can’t stand it any more. I’m not into sadomasochism, and listening to him certainly qualifies as such.

If I wanted to be lectured I’d either sign up for classes at the U of O or listen to some of my Dad’s old tapes in my mind. Obhammud never learned the difference between a speech and a lecture, but the 52%+ that voted for him last time around apparently never learned that, either. Must be something in the wiring of a moonbat mind.

And Jackson Lee had on what was the worst color green dress I ever saw! Fit’s her envious personality – envious that she knows she can’t act like a normal human being, and envious at others who can open their mouths and make intelligent remarks, comments or observations.

I would be so drunk I know I have heard some of these three times. – Lorica

Why would Seal team 6 take a US flag with them??? I know this President tends to be a liar but really??? Why would you tell a lie that is so easily uncovered? – Lorica

Just got done watching Perry Stone’s message today… HE should have given the SOTU address tonight!! It was much more interesting – Lorica

7. PE says:

I looked forward to missing his speech, and apparently I didn’t miss much. Wonder how much of an audience there might be for a mime version. I might take a peek at that if it got the right reviews, although probably not.

8. Neo says:

“An economy built to last, where hard work pays off, and responsibility is rewarded.”

Besides ripping off the first part from Ford, this sounds racist by the measure used for comments by Republican candidates.

But you have to give “The Man” credit for coming up with the idea that future “means-testing” for federal programs should not be based on the money you save during you lifetime.

9. David Christensen says:

Cold weather means I have had to wear flannel. As a result, belly button lint has festooned; and I had to spend the evening . . . well, you know. This caused me to miss the SOTU. Did I miss anything?

“means testing” to Duh-1 means seeing how much his power is increased, Neo. If if is, it’s good. If it’s not, it has to go.

A side result of such testing is that if a program happens to have a 10% success rate (fantastic by federal standards) he can keep it because the stated intent is good regardless of the results. You see, “means testing” can mean anything he wants it to, just so long as he continues to call the shots. And that’s how he will justify keeping the EPA, Energy, Education, Commerce…