In which @SpikeLee puts himself in contention for Moron of The Year

Posted by: ST on March 28, 2012 at 10:07 am

Via News Core:

SANFORD, Fla –  An elderly Florida couple have been forced to move into a hotel after their home address was wrongly tweeted as belonging to the man who shot teen Trayvon Martin.

The tweets were traced back to a man in California and the address was also reportedly retweeted by director Spike Lee to his almost 250,000 followers.

The couple, aged 70 and 72, have been harassed with hate mail, been hassled by media and had scared neighbors questioning them since the tweet, their son Chip Humble told the Orlando Sentinel.

Fearful for their safety, and hoping to escape the spotlight, the couple have temporarily moved to a hotel.

The confusion seems to stem from the fact the woman’s son is named William George Zimmerman and he lived briefly at the address in 1995.

When William Zimmerman pleaded with the man who tweeted the address, the man responded, “Black power all day. No justice, no peace” along with an obscenity.

Lee, whose Hollywood millions allow him and his family to live in a life of gated security, burly bodyguards, and posh comfort, also stupidly tweeted a picture of his son in a hoodie with a description that read, “My Son Is Trayvon.”

If any harm whatsoever comes to this elderly couple as the result of Spike Lee’s irresponsible actions, I hope they sue his a** off. In fact, I think they should do so for the inconvenience and harassment they’ve already faced from the multiple “I am Trayvon!!!” types who obviously aren’t interested in observing Dear Leader’s call for a “new tone” across America.

Twitter, by the way, has a policy against users publicly posting someone’s private information without their permission, but I won’t hold my breath they’ll suspend Lee’s account, especially not in this climate where false accusations of racism unfortunately rule the day.

22 Responses to “In which @SpikeLee puts himself in contention for Moron of The Year”

Comments

1. Phineas says:

I hope this couple sues Lee for every dime he’s got.

2. ericinva says:

It’s also worth noting that posting without permission someone’s personal info (including home address) is a violation of Twitter’s terms of use.

3. Tammy says:

I’m with Phineas.

4. Sadly, there will surely be plenty of candidates for the award before this whole issue is resolved.

5. Conrad says:

Consider the collectivist/tribalist mentality behind the statement “My son is Trayvon.” I get that Spike Lee’s son is black, and Trayvon Martin was black, but shouldn’t it take more than having the same skin color to justify declaring that two people are, in fact, the same person? Isn’t Spike Lee’s son entitled to his own identity? For that matter, isn’t Trayvon Martin?

The same thing goes for Obama’s comments last week. He said that if he had a son, that son would look like Trayvon. OK, so what? Does that presumed superficial resemblance to the president’s notional offspring justify treating this case any differently than any other situation in which two men get into a scrape and one of them ends up dead? It seems to me that justice in this case requires a careful examination of what each person did leading up to the shooting. It doesn’t depend on — nor should it involve — consideration of either man’s skin color, or the president’s, for that matter.

Why Conrad, that’s the most raaaciiiist!!! thing that will be posted here today. Don’tcha know that facts have absolutely nothing, zilch, nada, to do with whether race is involved in any particular incident? All it takes is for a “person of color” (I’ve never understood that term!) to be on the receiving end of anything except government entitlements from those evil “people of non-color” (are they invisible then?) or, better yet (as in this case) be a person of sub-Saharan heritage as the victim of ANYONE else’ actions good or bad, because, doggone it, no matter what a non-sub-Saharan African does he/she does it with evil intent.

And just to be clear, I firmly believe that the president, his attorney general, Mr. Jackson, Mr. Sharpton and Mr. Farakhan are amongst the biggest racists in our country today.

7. Craig R says:

I’m with Phineas, that was my first thought. I’d be willing to bet that someone would represent that coupe Pro Bono.

8. Craig R says:

I’m with Phineas, that was my first thought. I’d be willing to bet that someone would represent that couple Pro Bono.

9. I’m with the growing call for the couple to sue Lee’s a$$ off.

And the nitwit that went out with ‘“Black power all day. No justice, no peace” along with an obscenity’ should be classified as a potential domestic terrorist and awarded an FBI tail.

10. FireReadyAim says:

I’m sure Bam would love for his girls to hook up with a guy like TM. Probably would make him really proud. Perhaps Spike can introduce them to a “few good men”.

11. David Christensen says:

The big joke continues under the Obama administration; and he is the joke.

12. gus says:

After the Attorney General AND President playing racial politics and after not enforcing laws when blacks were involved, where are we to go when the next President and A.G. DOTREAT BLACKS EQUALLY.

13. TexasMom2012 says:

Hope the couple targeted by Spike Lee’s twitter can get civil relief for the expense of their now necessary security plus a ton in damages because I would be terrified. Although I and my family and friends would lock and load and be prepared to fend off an attack. Probably make it a party with BBQ. Texas has a Castle doctrine that allows us to defend our lives and our property and many here are prepared to do just that…. And if this were my parents targeted, we would defend them and raise a huge stink.

Never really liked Lee but now I have lost all respect for his mental capacity. And yet another reason why I, who loves the mindless entertainment at the cinema, no longer goes there.

14. bob jones says:

None of the facts matter in this terrible case, they only get in the way of the left’s agenda, especially that of Obama and his corrupt administration, which is to divide and distract Americans from what is really important. These cowards love to play one class or one race against another, only complete idiots keep falling for it again and again.

15. spike lee was always a racist.

16. Candace says:

SUE this liberal racist idiot moron. What a jackass. He is just salivating trying to stir stuff up. But isn’t that the way of the left. Even the prosecutor said there is NO CASE. Get over it loser.

17. Mitch says:

Why are you all resisting this new chapter in American History? Black people in this country have perfect manners. They all go to church on Sunday. They treat their women with respect. They don’t do drugs. The men in their society are role models. They never desert their families and always help their wives raise the children they produce, so they grow up to to be productive contributions to society. They all seek higher education and they scorn dependency on the Federal Government. You wish.

18. Linda Sack says:

It is just another indication that we are in fact heading towards war-and one that will be fought on multiple sides. It will just be a series of uprisings.
    This Trayvon thing is just another ploy to get Americans unarmed.(makes me want to run out and buy a gun and a year’s supply of ammo.)

19. Al says:

If George Zimmerman’s actions were colored by an animus for blacks, then race and skin color do, indeed, have something to do with it.

The likelihood of our ever knowing what really happened isn’t good. Too much hay to be made by people telling different stories.

20. Ken66 says:

Sue him? If you must, but a jail term just might be in order. Both avenues should be pursued. Not to mention putting a price on someone’s head.

21. ZIppy says:

Spike Lee.. another ignorant Hollywood P.O.S. should be sued for mental anguish, harassment and anything else they can pin on him.

In the mind of these supposed “justice seekers”, what they seek is not justice but revenge. Another race hustler who has a BLEEPING chip on his shoulder. The likes of him and others who are of that mob mentality do not seek peace but instead promote hatred..which is their own chip on their shoulder. One of those who has forgotten he can make a bigger difference by promoting goodness and not hate.

His hate aneurysm is showing.. ignorant P.O.S. Hollywood arrogant and ignorant.

22. ZIppy says:

Another point re: Spike Lee that is noteworty. From someone “in the know”.. He’s just another mediocre “talent” *eyeroll* who made it big on the heels of someone else and being in the right place at the right time.

Whatever happened to being thankful for all the good things in your life, instead of spewing the venom.

And Spike, fyi.. opinions are like A.H… everyone has one. Some are just bigger than others.