Beltway: Gridiron Dinner: Top 10 lines
Election 2016: Dems now look ahead to Hillary
This breathtakingly stupid slide show from Team Obama about how a fictitious woman named “Julia” will fare in life under “Obama’s policies” versus “Romney’s policies” represents the absolute rot of this administration”s “belief system”: govt over individual, with government being the “savior” and the individual being the “helpless victim” who needs rescuing from Democrats. Here’s a sample slide:
Ed Morrissey has a good take down of the “Julia” tactic here, and provides a more realistic life possibility for Julia under Democrat policies:
- 3 years old – Julia gets a new-and-improved Head Start, which a new HHS study shows won’t do anything for her anyway.
- 17 years old – Race to the Top improves Julia’s SAT scores. Is there any evidence at all to support that argument? Even so, she’s down the list from all of the home-schooled children and the charter- and private-school students who actually got an education rather than an NEA indoctrination. However, thanks to the NEA indoctrination, Julia is now better prepared for a life on the government dole.
- 18 years old – Julia’s family qualifies for a $10,000 tuition tax credit spread out over four years, while Obama’s student-loan subsidies drive tuition costs up even faster.
- 22 years old – Julia undergoes surgery, which has to be funded by her parents’ employers despite Julia being an adult, and which will be most likely delayed as providers decline in number thanks to the economics of ObamaCare.
- 23 years old — Thanks to the Lily Ledbetter Act, trial attorneys get rich by filing lawsuits against employers that otherwise wouldn’t have been brought, leaving fewer resources to hire Julia. No college job for our intrepid Julia!
- 25 years old – Julia finally gets her 4-year degree in seven years, thanks to the inability to handle the tuition bubble and the lack of work. However, the good news is that the $200,000 in student loans will only hang over her head for 20 years, while taxpayers like Julia end up paying for the costs of default.
- 27 years old – Julia wants to have sex for the first time in her life, apparently, and is looking for contraception. Her employer would provide it for free thanks to the ObamaCare HHS mandate … if she could only find a job.
Make sure to read the whole thing. Ed also links to a must-read by David Harsanyi, who pegs the Obama administration’s statist mentality to a “T”:
In the new Barack Obama campaign piece The Life of Julia, voters can “Take a look at how President Obama’s policies help one woman over her lifetime — and how Mitt Romney would change her story.” It is one of the most brazenly statist pieces of campaign literature I can ever remember seeing.
Let’s, for the purposes of this post, set aside the misleading generalizations regarding policy in the ad (no one is innocent on that account, obviously). What we are left with is a celebration of a how a woman can live her entire life by leaning on government intervention, dependency and other people’s money rather than her own initiative or hard work. It is, I’d say, implicitly un-American, in the sense that it celebrates a mindset we have — outwardly, at least — shunned.
It is also a mindset that women should find offensively patronizing. When they’re old enough, I hope my two daughters will find the notion that their success hinges on the president’s views on college-loan interest rates preposterous. Yet, according to the “Life of Julia,” women are helpless without the guiding hand of Barack Obama.
“Feminists” should be outraged over this, but they’re not. And won’t be. It’s funny. They’ll tell you they “don’t need a man” but that’s not true at all. They’ll always turn to Uncle Sam … their leader/hero/savior/sugar daddy. Over and over and over again. They’ve also been known to urge women to get on their knees to show our “appreciation” for Uncle Sam.
But I digress.
If this utterly offensive “Julia” tactic, not to mention the disturbing stalling games by this administration on Fast and Furious accountability, don’t get you highly motivated to defeat this President in November, I don’t know what will.