Disturbing “#BecauseOfHim” campaign slogan paints Obama in messiah-like light

Posted by: ST on May 10, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Watch:

For those who don’t have the stomach to watch it, the Washington Examiner’s Charlie Spiering recaps:

Meet the new Julia. President Obama’s latest ad features “Brian from Ohio” who credits Obama for saving his job in the auto industry.

“I wasn’t sure what I was going to do,” he says, after telling the story about how he got laid off, “I was scared to death.”

As the ad features shots of the gleaming General Motors building, he continues, “Obama stuck his neck out for us, the auto industry. He wasn’t just going to let it die. And I’m driving in this morning because of that. Because of him.”

From the Democrats party’s official Twitter page:

(Via Twitchy)

Here we go again (the First Lady kicked it off last month) with painting the POTUS as a God-like figure who is a “savior” to the American people … and in fact “the world”! Been there, saw that, hated it. This is something no campaign should EVER do, and is a feeling no citizen of the United States of America should EVER have about a politician – no matter the party.

Addressing the left’s “because of him” claims, even IF this economy were recovering as well as this administration (falsely) claims it is, it would NOT be “because of him” – it would be because he and his fellow business-stifling Democrats GOT OUT OF THE WAY and turned their backs on back-breaking taxes, regulation, and legislation (like Obama) that has done more harm than good to the private sector, which in turn has kept the unemployment rate hight.

The economy is NOT improving, and that IS “because of him” … and Congressional Democrats who march to the same tax, tax, tax anti-business drumbeat. THAT should be the topic under discussion from now until November … and beyond. Unless you ask the Washington Post, which believes bullying stories from when Mitt Romney was a teenager in the mid 60s are more pressing and relevant.

SIGH! :-w

7 Responses to “Disturbing “#BecauseOfHim” campaign slogan paints Obama in messiah-like light”

Comments

1. SteelyMatt says:

Shouting this from the mountaintop, my friend.

It drives me crazy that we have essentially created a new nobility in this country, where we refer to Newt Gingrich as “Mr. Speaker” thirteen years after he left that post. Seems to me that this country was founded on the idea that it would be run by private citizens, not lifelong politicians. And that those private citizens would RETURN to being private citizens once their service had ended.

Disgusting….

2. Drew the Infidel says:

Anyone who calls this two-bit Chicago political hack jackwad “the new Messiah” obviously did not have much use for the old one.

3. Ken66 says:

The ad contains proof that it’s a complete falsehood – “I’m Barack Obama and I approve this message.”

4. Quietwolf says:

Let’s see how real that halo is and send him back to Chicago, and see if he can take a stroll across Lake Michigan.

5. Obama didn’t stick his neck out for anybody. He stuck the taxpayer’s necks out.

Tom’s getting close, but still no cigar.

How many thousands of people lost significant money from their IRAs when the little tin god decided unions were to keep their pensions (that had already been raped by the union brass) but investors were irrelevant to any conversation? You know the ones – those that worked and sweated for decades to build a decent retirement, only to have that creepy black Hitler call them eeeeviillll capitalists and make sure his sure-vote communist unionists got what rightfully belonged to the investors, not the ones who had put GM and Chrysler in a bankruptcy hole to begin with.

If there was a significant need and demand for their product and they had gone belly-up, someone would have stepped in and taken over their productions and saved the day for the workers, so “Brian” is as phoney as Mr. “I Approved This Message.”

And I’ll guaranteed you the demand for either GM or Chrysler products did not, I repeat DID NOT, include any of the “green” crap (you know, the color of a myconium plug) they’re being forced to produce today that is destroying the environment faster than anything Detroit produced in the fifties or sixties.

7. MoxieLouise says:

I am 60 years old and can’t find a job. I need one because my husband has cancer and is retiring next month, and we have no idea what Obamacare will bring us. We have had perfectly adequate health insurance since we were 19 years old, always paid our own way, never chased a buck filing lawsuits, no welfare, no food stamps, and now just as we should be able to relax a little we’re right on the edge of something worse than I dare to imagine. This article creeps me out. Excuse me while I go take a shower – Silkwood style. Ugh.