Caption This: MSDNC’s @MHarrisPerry wears tampon earrings for “women’s rights”

Posted by: ST on July 22, 2013 at 7:09 pm

So … like, this happened yesterday:

Money quote from Harris-Perry’s “commentary” on the earrings (via Newsbusters’ Noel Sheppard – who has video of her explaining the “significance” of the earrings):

MELISSA HARRIS-PERRY: I just have to show these. My producer Lorena made for me last week some tampon earrings because of course you’re remember that the Texas state legislature said that you couldn’t bring tampons in when they were going these women to in fact stand up for their own reproductive rights. You weren’t allowed initially to bring tampons. So, just in case that ever happens again ladies, you can just bring them on your earrings.

Um, here’s why tampons weren’t allowed in the Texas legislature during the heated debate over HB2:

Ew, right? Of course, leave to Harris-Perry and other willfully ignorant “feminists” to leave out the context. Other “feminists”, BTW, have taken to wearing coat-hanger earrings at these types of protests. Keep it classy, “ladies.”

Anyway, looking forward to reading your captions for Harris-Perry. Please try to keep it clean – unlike the pro-unborn baby mutilation “feminists” who invaded the Texas legislature a couple of weeks ago.

Melissa Harris-Perry

I’m thinking earrings with mini-versions of a 20 week old aborted fetus would have made much more of a statement…

15 Responses to “Caption This: MSDNC’s @MHarrisPerry wears tampon earrings for “women’s rights””

Comments

1. ALman says:

Heavy sigh. Some days I feel as though I’ve lived too long. Today’s one of them. Given the progression of our country, or should I say decline, I’m not looking forward to “old age”.

2. Drew the Infidel says:

She removed her burqa so we could see this?

3. Sefton says:

She needs a tampon for her mouth.

How do you take these idiots seriously?? Hell why not show up with tampon earrings AND in pajamas?? Yet these complete and utter idiots wonder why more people get their news from outside sources. Just another joke. – Lorica

5. Steve Skubinna says:

“I tried making earrings from feces but they wouldn’t stay on the hooks.”

Yeah, funny that she made no mention of the jars of urine and feces abortion supporters tried to bring in. Maybe even she is aware that when your best argument is pooping in jars, you have lost the argument.

6. John W says:

Melissa Harris Perry is so liberal it makes her ears bleed.

7. Brontefan says:

Is this a publicity stunt to get 0bamaCare to pay for your feminine products? Is this what they are going to PUSH next? Libtards will stop at nothing to get the emotional reaction of the masses who evidently are too stupid to get it. They readily use children–the same children who will end up paying for and cleaning up the mess of these government programs when they grow up. They readily use women who for some unknown reason are either too stupid or too much in a hurry to actually purchase their own birth control–so they use the abortion clinics instead. I understand, Alman… because my grandfather used to leave the room when the commercials for diarrhea came on. If he were still alive–he’d be over 100–he would have a heart attack at what they advertise today. This woman really demonstrates how LOW the Libs will go to get everyone’s attention. Unconscionable!

8. Kevin Cox says:

Actually, these serve two purposes: One, they are used to collect what remains of her brain as it drips out from her ears through lack of use, thus drastically reducing the soaring cost of her dry cleaning bill due to the leakage. And two, future scientists will be able to study the DNA from these drippings to determine how someone with so little brain power was even allowed to season their own food.

9. Tex says:

Well now I’ve seen just about everything! They should remove whichever Liberal’s picture is presently next the word “moron” in the English dictionary (it changes so often I can’t keep up with it since there are so many Liberals to choose from) and replace it with Melissa Harris-Perry’s picture.

10. Chris.in.N.Va. says:

I count three tampons….

11. Steve Skubinna says:

No Chris, the one in the middle is a douchebag.

Ba-dum-DUM! Thank you, I”ll be here all week! (that is, until ST bans me for life)

12. If you want most people to take your arguments seriously you can’t act like a nut. Certain activists – sadly some on the right too – don’t seem to get this fundamental point in politics.

So this stunt by Ms Harris-Perry no doubt impresses the hard left, who I’m sure think what she did is great. But voters in the vital center see this as crazy.

Perhaps then I should congratulate her, because she has done our side a service.

13. Papa Giorgio says: