Weekend Open Thread (UPDATED)

Posted by: ST on September 28, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Sunday Update:  Hey, y’all – there is no Panthers game today as they have a bye week. Please feel free to use this open thread to talk about today’s games. Which ones will you be watching?

—————-

Chillaxin’ on a beautiful fall afternoon here in Charlotte.  Windows are open, letting fresh air in. :)

BTW, as y’all are aware, my NC liberal stalkers have been trying to “out” my real name in an attempt to silence me for months.  So I did it before they did a couple of weeks ago in a conversational announcement – and today officially on my Twitter page, proving 1) I”m not the GOP operative they think I am and 2) they will not silence me. Ever.

Have a great weekend!

ST profile

Nice to ‘meet’ you : )

23 Responses to “Weekend Open Thread (UPDATED)”

Comments

1. Drew the Infidel says:

Atta girl, ST! Stand up to the carpetbaggers and take the fun out of their “gotcha” game. The spelling of my last name is the same as yours (we are not the ones that missed the Mayflower).

2. ST says:

We might be related, Drew? *G*

3. Dear Miss Matthews,

Never fear, dear. Being proudly public about your views is the best defense against any sort of personal attack other than a baldly physical one. Note how many on the Left are utterly unwilling to use their right names. They’re ashamed of their positions, or of their tactics, or of themselves, or all of the above. You can hold your head high.

All my best,
    Fran

4. I’m sure that it nettles the left no end that you took the weapon out of their hands!

5. NewYawkahBroad says:

:d Stand strong, girlfriend! ! This New Yawk chick is standing with ya!!!

6. Steve Skubinna says:

Wow, when did you decloak?

Congratulations on standing up to the thugs and goons. A single brave person never need fear any number of cowards.

7. Severian says:

You go girl! But, prudence demands I say this, get a concealed weapon permit and carry, leftists are unhinged. Email me or NC Cop (if he’s still around), for handgun advice.

8. Sam says:

Long time reader and Charlotte transplant. If I ever see you uptown or around in one of the hoods don’t be offended if I buy you a beer. Just keep doing what your doing.

9. ALman says:

I applaud your courage. It reminds me of what Winston Churchill once said:

One ought never to turn one’s back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!

A tip of my hat to you, ST. I’ll toast you with a bit of the Jameson’s.

10. @ST–We might be related? Trust me, Cuz, there are worse things in life.

11. Matt Ross says:

The only way to defeat the bullies is to stand up to them, and point them out. You have done that, and it’s inspiring to other people that are targeted. Keep taking it to them!

12. Jim Becker says:

Been a reader of yours for many years now (back in the days when you had that Iowa guy helping out) Nice to see you getting under their skin. Means you are on target!

13. TomTB says:

I wouldn’t trade my Tarheel time for all the Walmart Chinese plastic in NYC. ST, you are right about abortion.

14. Nice to meet you, Stacey! You know you’re big-time when Lefties go after you.

(I’ve had me real name buried on my About page)

15. DCE says:

Bravo! It’s almost always best to be proactive in situations like this.

I must also agree with Severian’s advice. If you aren’t already carrying a firearm you should consider doing so. All it takes is one “unhinged” leftist to decide that he/she must take more drastic actions to silence you.

16. Don’t know that I’d go along with DCE and Severian’s advice about carrying a weapon. There are a lot of places which wouldn’t allow you in if you are armed — and I know that you’re too honest to lie about it — and unless you really believe that you need it you’re probably better off with Mace or nothing at all.

Your situation at home might be different.

17. Great White Rat says:

A little late to the party, but I’m 100% in agreement with the previous posters.

And I’d also agree with Sev and DEC on the need to keep yourself safe from the loons on the left.

18. Warrior Infidel says:

Stacey,
    Long time reader who greatly appreciates your wit, diligence and passion. I am proud of your courage. I fear many of us will be outed in this struggle.
    But, never fear, my sistah. I, and many like me, have your back.

This mission continues. Failure is not an option.
    God bless you.

19. Well, I would like to watch the Deadskins get beat by my Oakland Raiders, but Elaine has been watching a Breaking Bad marathon all day, and I can’t get the TV. :((

20. ST says:

Raiders are in the lead, but just missed a FG….

21. Tango says:

…my Raiders remain truly wretched…sigh!