Posted by: ST on October 2, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Finally, the Democrats get the type of “how could you be so heartless!” treatment usually reserved for the GOP during government shutdowns. First, the video:

And the transcript – via the Washington Free Beacon (hat tip):

DANA BASH: You all talked about children with cancer unable to go to clinical trials. The House is presumably going to pass a bill that funds at least the NIH. Given what you’ve said, will you at least pass that? And if not, aren’t you playing the same political games that Republicans are?

HARRY REID: Listen, Sen. Durbin explained that very well, and he did it here, did it on the floor earlier, as did Sen. Schumer. What right did they have to pick and choose what part of government is going to be funded? It’s obvious what’s going on here. You talk about reckless and irresponsible. Wow. What this is all about is Obamacare. They are obsessed. I don’t know what other word I can use. They’re obsessed with this Obamacare. It’s working now and it will continue to work and people will love it more than they do now by far. So they have no right to pick and choose.

BASH: But if you can help one child who has cancer, why wouldn’t you do it?

REID: Why would we want to do that? I have 1,100 people at Nellis Air Force base that are sitting home. They have a few problems of their own. This is — to have someone of your intelligence to suggest such a thing maybe means you’re irresponsible and reckless –

BASH: I’m just asking a question.

My Twitter friend @RBPundit sums up the the left’s “strategy” so far on the shutdown – and how it’s turned around and bit them in the you-know-whats:

My addition to all this:

And they won’t negotiate with the GOP even when it comes to funding for cancer treatment trials for kids. Yet it’s Republicans who supposedly lack compassion …

Any questions?

Harry Reid

Shame on you, Senator.

7 Responses to “VIDEO: #HeartlessHarry explains why funding bill to help kids w/ cancer is off the table”

Comments

1. ALman says:

He’s a nasty piece of work. I find it difficult to believe that he is a faithful, observant Mormon, as Romney is. I can’t ever remember there being the sort of so-called political leaders that we have today who are so revolting. Disgusting.

2. Reid asks, “What right did they have to pick and choose which part of government will be funded?” Better question: What right does Obhammud have to pick and choose which parts of the health care bill will be delayed and which not?

The answer is none. The President lacks the Constitutional authority to selectively enforce the laws passed by Congress.

“Therefore you have no excuse, O man, whoever you are, when you judge another; for in passing judgment upon him you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, are doing the very same things.”–Romans 2:1

3. mike191 says:

Typical pathogenic Dem that has reduced this Great Nation to a banana republic.

4. Browncow says:

This is my first time posting…I just wanted to point out that this crap is coming from the same folks who not too long ago were calling for stricter gun control laws because we needed to do it “for the children” even if it saves “just one child”. Yeah, that’s hypocrisy for you. The party of abortion is only concerned with “the children” when it’s politically convenient. Nice blog.

5. Steve Skubinna says:

“Stupid kids… they don’t vote, they don’t pay taxes, they don’t make political contributions, why should I gibe a damn if they die? Uh… this mike’s not live, is it?”

Reid has such a tight grip on the voting in Nevada that he’ll probably serve three terms – AFTER HE DIES!!!

I guess that’s the advantage of selling your soul to the unions devil, a.k.a., SEIU.