Ann & Nancy Wilson: Sarah Palin can’t use our music but Hillary can

Posted by: ST on May 21, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Sarah Palin - Heart

Image via People.com

Such petty women. Via The Hill:

They told Sarah Palin to stop using their rock song, “Barracuda,” but two of Heart’s core members say they’ll gladly lend the 1977 hit to Hillary Clinton if she throws her hat in the ring for president.

“Whatever Hillary Clinton needs from me, she’s got,” Ann Wilson recently told ITK.

[...]

Back in 2008, Wilson and her sister, Nancy, emailed a statement to Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and the former Alaska governor’s presidential campaign requesting that “Barracuda” stop being used as a theme for Palin, the VP nominee.

“The Republican campaign did not ask for permission to use the song, nor would they have been granted that permission,” the pair wrote.

After the song continued to be played, Nancy Wilson told EW.com, “I think it’s completely unfair to be so misrepresented. I feel completely [expletive] over.”

Right, because it’s the END OF THE F**KING WORLD IF A CANDIDATE FOR OFFICE USES YOUR MUSIC WITHOUT YOUR EXPRESS PERMISSION. I mean, OMG, IT MEANS THE APOCALYPSE IS NEAR! TAKE COVER!

Seriously, I love Heart’s music to pieces – Barracuda is one of my favorites. And, yes, they do have the right to demand permission for use of their music, have the right to give it and have the right to request a stop in usage if they haven’t given it. But why not take the high road and do what a former band member suggested at the time and let politicians you don’t agree with use your music, and then turn around and take the profits from the increased sales and donate them to your favorite candidates or charities? Guess that’s too much to much to ask from Cheap Shot Annie and Nancy, who would much rather a pro-choice “feminist” who rose to political fame and fortune on the back of her husband honor them with the use of the Heart song of her choice rather than allow a pro-life, successful woman who paved her own way in politics actively fighting (and winning) almost single-handedly against the male-dominated establishment culture in Alaska to do the same.

Liberal musicians can be such tools sometimes. SMH. 8-|

12 Responses to “Ann & Nancy Wilson: Sarah Palin can’t use our music but Hillary can”

Comments

Yep. Anything to help in aiding the jackasses’ War on Women, and they’d be hard-pressed to find a woman more engaged in that war than Hillarious herself.

2. cbenoistd says:

I was a Heart fan until 2008; I’d seen them 23 times. The last time was at Bethel Arts Center, the site of Woodstock, shortly after the Republican convention in which the offending song was played. Sarah Palin was a Heart fan; that’s what’s so galling. In her Good Tidings Christmas book, she’d mentioned that she awaited a Walkman at Christmas so she could hear “Barracuda” without using the family stereo. The Wilsons also take cheap shots in their Kicking and Dreaming book, calling Palin “a toothless Barracuda” and congratulating/thanking Katie Couric and TIna Fey. Heart had been eligible for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for eight years without getting one vote, not one, for their nomination; two years after Obama/Biden won, they were inducted. The strange thing is in rock circles, Heart was the laughingstock that Sarah Palin was/is in political/journalism circles. There really is no life after high school, is there?

3. ThomasD says:

They licensed their music for commercial sale. Anyone who pays the licensing fee can use it.

If the Wilson sisters do not like that fact then they should try to re-visit their contract with ASCAP.

4. genes says:

I thought they were dead. They look worse than Kieth.

5. arcman46 says:

Their music used to be on Youtube until Anne went off and said that they,(Youtube) was screwing it up for everyone.

6. Amy says:

I’m not surprised by this. They are from the San Francisco area, and have always been clear about where their political loyalties lie. What surprises me is, well, knowing the McCain campaign I’m not that surprised, but I’m a bit surprised that the campaign didn’t anticipate this before they paid the licensing fee for the song.

7. Kate says:

I worked at Seattles premier Rock club in the 70′s & 80′s. Had to deal with Heart all the time. Skanks then. Skanks now. The only thing bigger than Anns rearend is her ego.

8. Dave says:

Your music shall never again grace my speakers. How could ANYone with any intelligence enforce Hilary Clinton as president.

9. Heart should not try being selective over who composes their fan base, especially due to their politics. After all, it is no one’s fault that the last several mass shooters including James Holmes, Jared Lochner, and Adam Lanza are Democrats.

If Sarah’s paid the proper fees for use of the song, do the fool tools have any say about whether she can use it?

11. NC Cop says:

Yet I’d be willing to bet that these half wits can’t name a single accomplishment of Shillary.

Heck, NC Cop, I think I’m fairly well-informed (as opposed to these half-wits) and I couldn’t come up with a single positive accomplishment for Hillarious.