News and notes from around the blogosphere and MSM:
- Atlas Shrugs has pix and video of today’s “Free Gilad Shalit” (the Israeli soldier being held hostage by Palestinian Islamofascists) rally in New York City. Lots and lots of pix and video, so keep scrolling.
- Regime Change Iran reports about the IAEA’s Mohammad El Baradei bending to the will of Iran. How did he do that? UN inspector Chris Charlier suspected that Iran was lying about its nuclear programs and ambitions. Iran complained to El Baradei. Charlier was fired. (Hat tip: Kim Priestap at Wizbang)
- Citing ‘free speech protections’, University of Wisconsin-Madison Provost Patrick Farrell has okayed professor Kevin Barrett to teach a class on Islam. Barrett is the U of W Madison instuctor who believes 9-11 was orchestrated by the US gov’t. I guess the U of W-Madison is ok with people teaching false history in the name of ‘freedom of speech.’ Come to think of it, I wonder how many elite university history classes do the same thing, just with other aspects of our history? (Hat tip: Little Green Footballs)
- Al Qaeda has released a video of the gruesome murders of Pfc. Kristian Menchaca and Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker. Their murders were reported by the MSM a few weeks ago. The Jawa Report has it. It provides a VERY stark and frightening reminder to the moonbats as to who the enemy actually is (hint: it’s not George W. Bush). Warning: it’s very, very graphic according to other bloggers I’ve read who have watched it. I won’t be watching it, but have provided the link for those who choose to. (Hat tip: Gateway Pundit)
- Britain has unveiled a new terror alert system. It’s quite different than the alert the terrorists system British police are considering
Tue AM Update: Malkin lays the smackdown on Barrett here.