My “Things To Do For Christmas” list

Good grief! I sat down tonight to start making a list of things I needed to do in order to prepare for hosting Christmas lunch next month and, well – I didn’t expect the danged thing to be so long! It’s so long, it rivals Santa’s list of people who have been naughty this year. :| No bigs – it’ll get done, but it just goes to show that in spite of what I may want to believe about myself, in reality I am a perfectionist. “Clean carpet spots” – that no one can see. Seriously?!

Fortunately, most of my Christmas shopping is done. I’ve gotten about 80% of it done, all of it via online ordering. The remaining 20% will have to be done in the stores as there are some unique gifts to get that I either can’t find online or are too expensive to buy online. Plus, I like to add little small touches to a lot of the gifts I give to give them a bit of extra personality. I love buying gifts for people – I just wish that when I wrapped them they looked better. Thank God for gift bags! :D

I normally send out between 40 and 50 Christmas cards a year, but this year it will be about 10. My desktop crashed back in September and I haven’t had a chance to rebuild my address list (which I had saved in Word). On one hand, it makes me sad because I enjoy doing that every year – especially for people who I don’t exchange gifts with, but on the other hand with everything on my plate right now, it’ll be welcome relief. I’ll rebuild that list next year in order to make sure I can send out cards to the friends whose addresses I have lost. Even though I don’t get a Christmas card from everyone on my list, it’s not about getting a card – it’s about saying hello and keeping in touch, and letting that person know that they are in your thoughts.

Thanksgiving’s only three days away, and you’d think I’d skipped right over it and headed straight for Christmas. Guess that’s an indication that I may be a “Christmas junkie.” I just dig the season, the sights, the sounds, the warmth of having family and friends around. But most importantly, I enjoy Christmas for the reason for the season.

And lastly, I can’t end any Christmas post without referencing my favorite Christmas cartoon/music of all time. Enjoy :)

(Video link)

Comments are closed.