Oliver Stone: “Terrorism is a manageable action”

Posted by: ST on October 2, 2006 at 3:48 pm

What a complete moron:

SAN SEBASTIAN, Spain (AP) — Filmmaker Oliver Stone blasted President George W. Bush Thursday, saying he has “set America back 10 years.”

Stone added that he is “ashamed for my country” over the war in Iraq and the U.S. policies in response to the attacks of September 11.

“We have destroyed the world in the name of security,” Stone told journalists at the San Sebastian International Film Festival prior to a screening of his latest movie, “World Trade Center.” The film tells the true story of the survival and rescue of two policemen who were trapped in the rubble of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, after they went to help people escape.

“From September 12 on, the incident (the attacks) was politicized and it has polarized the entire world,” said Stone. “It is a shame because it is a waste of energy to see that the entire world five years later is still convulsed in the grip of 9/11.

“It’s a waste of energy away from things that do matter which is poverty, death, disease, the planet itself and fixing things in our own homes rather than fighting wars with others. Mr. Bush has set America back 10 years, maybe more.”

The director of blockbusters such as “Platoon,” and “JFK” said the U.S. reaction to the attacks was out of proportion.

“If there had been a better sense of preparation, if we had a leadership that was more mature,” he said. “We did not fight back in the same way that the British fought the IRA or the Spanish government fought the Basques here. Terrorism is a manageable action. It can be lived with,” said Stone.

I’m so glad I didn’t go see the Oliver Stone-directed World Trade Center movie, especially after reading this nonsense. Like so many other far lefties in Hollyweird, as well as in Washington, DC, this guy is totally disconnected from reality. For Stone, I guess, reality really does bite.

Hat tip: Cox and Forkum, who have a cartoon that nails Stone’s idiocy.

• Skilletfan-My first blog trackbacked with Oliver Stone Says He is 'Ashamed for My Country'
  • 7 Responses to “Oliver Stone: “Terrorism is a manageable action””

Comments

1. Steve Skubinna says:

Actually, setting the nation back ten years would put us back in the middle of the Clinton Presidency. You’d think Stone would be happy about that.

2. Steve Skubinna says:

Oh, man, now I check comments and see Skilletfan beat me to it. Thanks, pal!

3. Steve!! You’re back! Where on earth have you been?

4. NC Cop says:

Well, we finally agree on something Oliver!!!

I’m ashamed you are an American, too.

5. Marshall Art says:

I’m ashamed of the number of abortions every year and the low lifes that can’t control their urges that lead to those abortions, I’m ashamed of the overall lowering of standards and decency, the lack of morals, manners and honor amongst too many of the populace. I’m ashamed that we still hear of people going into schools and shooting kids. I’m ashamed of the Michael Moores, Cindy Sheehans, Dixie Chicks, and damn near every politician in the Democratic Party. But ashamed that we’ve finally gone and taken the fight to the scumbags? Nah, not ashamed of that. Oh, I’m ashamed of Oliver Stone, too.

6. Tom TB says:

“Terrorism is a manageable action”. Sure, Oliver Stone, where were you on 2/26/93? Just after 12 noon, a bomb-filled van exploded in B-2 One World Trade Center, killing 6 adults and the woman’s unborn son. The intention of the perpetrators was to topple the towers, but they held up, a handful of the gang was caught and convicted, but the ring leader made it back to the middle east, to try, try again. President Clinton never visited my former workplace during the long rebuilding process, figuring I guess that you take terrorist acts one at a time, and never go after the command structure, the international money networks that finance these acts, or the nations that harbor them, something President Bush has done.