GOP debate open thread (VIDEOS ADDED)

Posted by: ST on June 5, 2007 at 6:55 pm

I’m going to catch up on some blogging, rather than liveblog tonight’s GOP presidential candidates debate, but I wanted to start an open thread devoted to the debate and news related to the candidates. Here’s a preview of what’s likely in store at tonight’s debate.

The debate starts at 7pm ET.

I’ll link up to some of the blogs liveblogging the debate as I find them.

Update: Fresh off of liveblogging Sunday’s Dem debate, ST reader steveegg is going to liveblog the Republican debate as well. If you can’t make it to a TV, check here often for updates.

Post-debate update: Here are a few video snips from the debate.

Romney on immigration reform:

Senator McCain on dividing Iraq into three separate states:

Hot Air has more video, including some Rudy highlights (or lowlights, whichever you prefer), and also points to a video from former Hot Air video extraordinaire Ian Schwartz who has caught on tape Mike Huckabee calling Fred Thompson’s run for president a “Mighty Mouse” candidacy on Monday.

Thompson, Brownback and Tancredo on how they would use President Bush in their administrations:

Brian at Iowa Voice liveblogged tonight’s debate as well and will have some video clips posted shortly.

More: Here’s video of lightening striking as Rudy explains his abortion position:

How fitting …

And, the I’m With Fred website launches.

Wed AM Update: Here’s the transcript from the debate.

12 Responses to “GOP debate open thread (VIDEOS ADDED)”

Comments

1. steveegg says:

Let the fun begin. I’ve got nothing to catch up on (or at least that I want to catch up on), so I’m live again.

2. steveegg says:

Thanks for the mad props. It was the hit job on CNN’s part that the Dhimms thought Fox was going to do on them.

I’m now thoroughly enjoying Fred’s interview with Hannity (especially because Colmes is nowhere to be found).

3. Poet says:

Forgive my cynicism, but Senator McCain’s defense of Hispanics reminded me of the Senator from Nevada in Godfather II praising Eye-talian Americans and the Corl-ee-on family.

I absolutely agree with his sentiment, but the sincerity I perceived from his delivery during this debate was about as honest as the 75% vig from a street loan shark.

4. Drewsmom says:

Can’t wait for Fred to formally get in and it sounds like he is gonna and I just hope he does not dissapoint on the immagration issue but I’m sure he won’t cuz he is listening to the American people complaining on this issue.
    The rest of the guys on tonight do nothing for me except Hunter and Tancredo and the msm won’t cover anything they do.
    Ron Paul again showed what an asshole dumb idiot he is.

5. Tango says:

I saw Fred on Hannity last night – seems clear to me that he GETS IT! I am reminded of another great man from Tennessee who won big when the experts of the day claimed his common sense approach was inadequate. His name was Davey Crockett. Go Fred! **==**==

6. Severian says:

Whew! When you mentioned another “great man” fron Tennessee, I was thinking you were going to mention Al Gore!!!#-o

7. jim b says:

So far, being a Democrat who cannot vote for any of the morons running for anything in the Democrat party, I look at the Repubs and I say ….. yawn.

There is not one single person running so far for president who interests me.

Maybe Fred will get in, maybe he will pass muster.

Maybe the Repubs will lose some of their “what are they gonna do vote for a liberal?” crap and realize that if the Repub running and the Dem running are both pro abortion, anti-guns and weak on defense, I have no choice but to not vote.

God Bless America… and please God, let somebody grow some cajones and stand for what’s right.

8. Great White Rat says:

I was thinking you were going to mention Al Gore!!!

Come on, Sev….Tango said his example took a “common sense approach”. That immediately disqualifies the Goracle. :d