WASHINGTON – Tony Snow, the highly visible White House press secretary, will leave his job on Sept. 14 and be replaced by his deputy, Dana Perino, an administration official said Friday.
President Bush was to announce the changes during an appearance in the White House briefing room.
Snow, ailing with cancer, had said recently he would leave before the end of Bush’s presidency because he needs to make more money.
He’ll definitely be missed, not only because he’s just an all around good guy, but because he had a great way of dealing with the press. Here are some flashbacks:
- Let it Snow, let it Snow, let it Snow
- Tony Snow to Helen Thomas: “Thank you for the Hezbollah view”
- I love this guy!
- Tony Snow smacks down Helen Thomas
- Tony Snow vs. Helen Thomas
- Tony Snow’s first day as WH press secretary
- Snow gears up for first official press gaggle, slams press
Here’s wishing him and his family all the best, with continuing prayers on his struggle with cancer.