Infuriation nation, continued

Posted by: ST on October 15, 2008 at 7:02 pm

Part two in a continuing series

—– If you think what you heard from the Howard Stern “man on the street” interview segment a couple of days ago was infuriating, what til you read this:

I just got an astounding e-mail from a Republican consultant I know well. He’s a guy who’s always thought Obama had a “glass jaw,” and was always among those agitating for hitting Obama harder.

Recently, he conducted a focus group in an upper-Midwestern state, showing them the kind of ad he thought would work: A no-holds-barred attack, cut for an independent group, which hasn’t aired.

I’m just going to reprint his amazed e-mail about the focus group:

Reagan Dems and Independents. Call them blue-collar plus. Slightly more Target than Walmart.

Yes, the spot worked. Yes, they believed the charges against Obama. Yes, they actually think he’s too liberal, consorts with bad people and WON’T BE A GOOD PRESIDENT…but they STILL don’t give a f***. They said right out, “He won’t do anything better than McCain” but they’re STILL voting for Obama.

The two most unreal moments of my professional life of watching focus groups:

54 year-old white male, voted Kerry ’04, Bush ’00, Dole ’96, hunter, NASCAR fan…hard for Obama said: “I’m gonna hate him the minute I vote for him. He’s gonna be a bad president. But I won’t ever vote for another god-d*mn Republican. I want the government to take over all of Wall Street and bankers and the car companies and Wal-Mart run this county like we used to when Reagan was President.”

The next was a woman, late 50s, Democrat but strongly pro-life. Loved B. and H. Clinton, loved Bush in 2000. “Well, I don’t know much about this terrorist group Barack used to be in with that Weather guy but I’m sick of paying for health insurance at work and that’s why I’m supporting Barack.”

I felt like I was taking crazy pills. I sat on the other side of the glass and realized…this really is the Apocalypse. The Seventh Seal is broken and its time for eight years of pure, delicious crazy….

That’s the kind of “feedback” that could very well cause me to have a meltdown if I’m not careful. Can you believe these freaking people?

—– The “rehabilitation” of Bill Ayers reputation begins. Or I should say “continues” – the Obama campaign has already done their part on The One’s website – in fact, they did it well before it became fashionable to do so. I expect the Ayers issue to come up tonight, and also expect Obama to be prepared for it with his usual bogus talking points. He’s already running radio ads about the issue, trying to play it down. Character doesn’t matter, you know.

—– Just as they tried to do with Rev. Wright, the left are busy trying to find a “moral equivalent” on the right to Bill Ayers, so as to “neutralize” the issue. Obama’s in fairly good shape at the moment in the polls, so I don’t understand the desperation behind trying to make such a connection, but whatevs.

—– This headline says it all: US communists say their time has come (via Moonbattery).

—– Rep. John Murtha is in hot water – again – this time for calling Western Pennsylvanians “racists.” Yet he’ll still win next month, no doubt, because he continues to bring home the bacon. (Hat tip: Multiple ST readers)

—– And speaking of racism, the latest leftie to pull out the race card is Chicago Sun-Times columnist Andrew Greeley. Here’s how his latest column starts off:

South Pacific” is a morality play for our time. Sarah Palin is the Ensign Nellie Forbush — an All-American girl as racist, this time a racist with her eye on the White House. She can stir up crowds to shout “Kill him!” at the mention of the presidential candidate of the other party a couple of weeks before the national election.

Right off the bat we can see that Greeley is obviously one who would never let a little thing like the facts get in the way of a good ol’ fashioned race-baiting rant.

—– The con continues: Obama’s Tax Cut is Actually a Spending Increase, Says Non-Partisan Group.

10 Responses to “Infuriation nation, continued”

Comments

1. NC Cop says:

Welcome to the new Amerika.

Communists, terrorists, America haters, the media and, of course, Hollywood have all taken their toll on the citizens of this country. The propaganda campaign of the left is nearly complete.

The above quotes are living proof. They know Obama will be horrible, but they actually believe his nonsense about cutting all those taxes and “spreading the wealth” around.

We have become a nation that, at one time, believed “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country”, and have evolved into a generation that asks “What’s in it for me?”.

As I’ve said before, we had to endure 4 years of Carter to get a Ronald Reagan. I only hope the United States can survive 4 years as the United Socialist States of America.

2. Great White Rat says:

Standards appear to be a thing of the past. The WSJ ran an op-ed that praises Ayers, if you can believe such nonsense: My Friend Bill Ayers

Here’s a typical sample of this sewage:

Mr. Ayers has been involved with countless foundation efforts and has received various awards. He volunteers for everything. He may once have been wanted by the FBI, but in the intervening years the man has become such a good citizen he ought to be an honorary Eagle Scout. :-&

Apparently, if you write books and work in “education” (translation: left-wing radicalization of the young) or other “community organizing” activities, your past crimes are trivialized. As one of the commenters to that thread pointed out, that’s exactly the excuse al-Qaeda sympathizers make for bin Laden. Come to think of it, at least one Democrat Senator has said the same thing.

3. KG says:

Well, these are independent voters. And I don’t quite understand a person who says they haven’t made up their mind yet, only 3 weeks away from an election when one candidate is so clearly FAR left and the other has been leaning toward the middle. How could they possibly not have a clue which side they are for by this stage of the game?

If these voters want Obama and Pelosi to run the nation into the ground, I guess there is nothing we can do but wait for it to happen, have another couple elections for Congress when people get their heads back and put the conservatives back in charge, and go for an impeachment that will stick.

I’m disgusted right now.

4. NC Cop says:

“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”

Joseph Goebbels

5. BeachBabe NC says:

Oh my GOODNESS!! Did I just read that

Are you kidding me? Did I just read that.. Whats up with the “terrorists group Barak used to be with that weather guy?? I can only assume Bill AYERS ( AIRS ) Geez folks..

Anyone want to come to Montana with me? I figure I can get a house with like 99 acres, and big ole gate at the beginnng of my 2 mile long driveway that is locked. It will also have signs all over it saying “If you arent invited you will be SHOT ” “Guard Dogs will bite.”

:d

Ill have a pond and horses and no one will ever bother me. Of course Ill have all my funds buried in Maxwell House cans all over the property. Ill have a pond for fishing and of course internet access. Anyone wanna come..

6. The “weather guy” comment isn’t so unreasonable, as Ayers was a founder of the Weather Underground and did his bombing as a member of that group.

7. Trish says:

Beachy, dear, I’d love to, but believe me, there will be no hiding place.

8. Marshall Art says:

The initial exerpt in this thread supports what I’ve been saying, which is that the Obama supporters are an incredible group of stupid people. How can America survive with so many fools in the voting booth? I despair.

Amen Howard. There is absolutely no logical reason for this man to be our President, let alone a US Senator. This is getting scarier and scarier by the minute. – Lorica

The latest news on the “Kill Him”/racist front:

October 15
    Secret Service says “Kill him” allegation unfounded
    By Andrew M. Seder aseder@timesleader.com
    Staff Writer

SCRANTON – The agent in charge of the Secret Service field office in Scranton said allegations that someone yelled “kill him” when presidential hopeful Barack Obama’s name was mentioned during Tuesday’s Sarah Palin rally are unfounded.

LINK

The Secret Service is duty bound to protect Obama even at a Sarah Palin event. If someone would have made such a threat that person would have found himself in Secret Service custody soon after. This is always part of the story that bothered me. Even tho the writer stands by the story, it is very much a lie. – Lorica