McCain slams Obama, far left for personal attacks on Joe the plumber

Posted by: ST on October 17, 2008 at 3:35 pm

Defending an average Joe (literally) from attacks he does not deserve. From a Miami, FL rally earlier today:

We had a good debate this week. You may have noticed — there was a lot of talk about Senator Obama’s tax increases and Joe the Plumber. Last weekend, Senator Obama showed up in Joe’s driveway to ask for his vote, and Joe asked Senator Obama a tough question. I’m glad he did; I think Senator Obama could use a few more tough questions.

The response from Senator Obama and his campaign yesterday was to attack Joe. People are digging through his personal life and he has TV crews camped out in front of his house. He didn’t ask for Senator Obama to come to his house. He wasn’t recruited or prompted by our campaign. He just asked a question. And Americans ought to be able to ask Senator Obama tough questions without being smeared and targeted with political attacks.

The question Joe asked about our economy is important, because Senator Obama’s plan would raise taxes on small businesses that employ 16 million Americans. Senator Obama’s plan will kill those jobs at just the time when we need to be creating more jobs. My plan will create jobs, and that’s what America needs.

Senator Obama says that he wanted to spread your wealth around. When politicians talk about taking your money and spreading it around, you’d better hold onto your wallet. Senator Obama claims that wants to give a tax break to the middle class, but not only did he vote for higher taxes on the middle class in the Senate, his plan gives away your tax dollars to those who don’t pay taxes. That’s not a tax cut, that’s welfare. America didn’t become the greatest nation on earth by redistributing wealth; we became the greatest nation by creating new wealth.

Read the rest here.

9 Responses to “McCain slams Obama, far left for personal attacks on Joe the plumber”

Comments

1. Jillian says:

The media has found out more about Joe the Plumber in 48 hours than they have about Bill Ayers for the last 8 weeks!

2. Tom TB says:

In the unlikely event Obama and entourage walks down my dead end driveway, I’d have alot of questions about his associations with unrepentent domestic bombers; former employees of the World Trade Center are wondering about his judgement and the company he keeps or has kept!

3. mikec says:

Joe Biden’s comment on Leno really upset me. These guys are plain attacking a private citizen. They are not discussing the pros and cons of Obamas Marxist economics because they cannot defend it’s past failures, so they have to change the subject and focus on the personal destruction of a private citizen.

4. Chick says:

Jilian is absolutely correct … but I would add that the media has learned more about Joe in 24 hours than they have about Ayers in 18 months and Obama in 4 years.

**==

But I cannot emphasize this enough. We cannot simply complain about the media. We know they are not on “our” side.

The left – including the media – is especially active in its support for Obama. We must – and implore you all – MUST become active in these last three weeks.

Obama’s “spread the wealth around” and the Left’s attack on a simple blue collar worker for asking a question absolutely must be countered and portrayed for the absolutism it is.

At least when Bush said, “You are either with us or against us,” he was referring to Americans vs. non-Americans. This recent anti-Joe-the-Plumber rhetoric is pitting Americans against Americans. We should all be ashamed for how our electoral process has been hijacked.

Joe the Plumber is one us. So for the record: If you ask a question, realize that you can expect an unrequested anal probe.

**==

5. If I ever get the chance to ask That One a question, I’ll probably said straight to the 300 news cameras that I would prefer not to, rather then having my life ruined.

Of course, that would never make it on TV.

6. MissJean says:

I didn’t realize what happened to “Joe the plumber” until I was driving home from work and caught Mitch Albom laying into him. (You know, Albom, the guy who was caught by his employer the Detroit Free Press after writing an imaginary conversation between two non-existant people at a game he never attended…)

I’m sick to death of the journalists playing these games. They should know that a “vortex” public figure like Joe the plumber is not off-limits, but that’s not the same as digging into his background beyond determining if he was a plant. (And he’s not.)

7. Nina says:

I was at that rally and it was packed. Easy 10,000 people screaming. I am also Cuban and as I drove through the Cuban neighborhoods there was a sea of McCain signs. Don’t believe the AP story saying that Cubans are voting for BO.
    We know socialism when we see it. Every election they have a similar story.

8. GM Cassel AMH1(AW) USN RET says:

The main reason the obammy and the msm are pissed is that an ordinary working stiff pounded the messiah’s tax proposal up his ass. I mean it was from someone that actually WORKS for a living. Maybe working for a living is above the obammy’s paygrade, just like everything else that comes out of his lying, treasonous mouth.

9. mnotaro says:

Obama’s “tax cuts” are going to put this nation into serious financial unrest. His left wing illuminati antics are going to cripple this nation for YEARS to come.