Who will really bring change to Washington, DC?

Posted by: ST on October 21, 2008 at 10:10 pm

Sister Toldjah, that’s who!

Now I just need to decide on a running mate …

And a wardrobe

And a cabinet. I’ve got a few ideas in mind. ;;)

20 Responses to “Who will really bring change to Washington, DC?”

Comments

1. I brought change to Washington, DC. But I didn’t have much and I gave what I little had to three people begging on street corners. If I remember correctly, I think it was two quarters and a dime. If he’s reading this, I apologize to the guy who got only the dime.

2. Great White Rat says:

Where do we sign up to work on the campaign?? I’m in!! **==

3. Can I be Defense Secretary? I promise to be quiet in Cabinet meetings! :d

4. MikeC says:

Last night on Hardball…

Chris Matthews: Senator Obama, what’s your reaction to Sister Toldjah joining the race?

Obama: Well Chris… when you’re done humping my leg… why don’t you go talk to the boys in the newsroom and find out what was made up about the good Sister on the Daily Kos that they will report… oh, and by the way, make sure no one reports on how the RNC will clean up when they auction off Governor Palin’s campaign wardrobe after the election.

5. alchemist says:

I’m curious how you guys see spending $150,000 on clothes… I would feel kindof icky if I thought Obama were doing it…

…(although, presidential candidates probably spend way more on fashion than I’d like to know)…

but it seems kind of a waste of RNC money to me… and sortof dispels that “American Woman” image a little bit.

6. steveegg says:

If I weren’t so much of a bomb-thrower, I could be in the mix (I do meet all the Constitutional requirements, including not being in NC). Still, like GWR, I’m in.

7. Great White Rat says:

Alchemist, it’s their money, they can spend it as they please. Don’t like it? Don’t donate. End of discussion.

Isn’t it funny how the same people who think discussing Obama’s connections to Marxist “educators” and racist “preachers” is a distraction think the money the RNC spends for wardrobe is a issue of critical importance?

By the way, alchemist, I’ve asked more than once what you think of the fact that your guy (oops…sorry. Was that racist?) has been endorsed by the likes of Hamas, Chavez, Castro, etc. And no response yet. THAT doesn’t bother you, but Sarah Palin’s wardrobe does? Remarkable. But predictable, I suppose.

8. alchemist says:

… And McCain has been endorsed by the KKK. Does that mean McCain agrees with the KKK? Will McCain favor a pro-KKK Government?

I think we can safely say no. So really, what does it have to do with his policies? Unless Obama endorses Hamas for their next election (or McCain endorses a KKK wizard) I don’t really care.

Look, I don’t expect anyone to change their minds about Palin because of a shopping spree, it’s certainly less important than the wright thing… (although, it’s cetainly more than the $400 dollar haircut that was a “big deal” in 2004).

…but if I were in the RNC I would prefer that most of that money was spent in tight senate races, where a $100,000 spent wisely could possibly help incumbents.

9. Kimberly says:

McCain was endorsed by the KKK? I didn’t know Senator Byrd (D) endorsed him.

Unless Obama endorses Hamas for their next election

You mean like Jimmy Carter??? =))

You know, this “shopping spree” that you are making a big thing out of only proves to me that Sarah Palin is just one of us. That Mac picked someone who has been living a middle class kind of life, and just didn’t have a wardrobe that could keep with the demands of a Vice Presidential nominee. Considering that Obama is wasting 250 million dollars on his boring ads and burning people out on Barack Obama, I figure it was most likely worth it. When Obama starts to attract the crowds Sarah is attracting then maybe you might have a point. – Lorica

Ohhh and Alchemist, I would like a link to that KKK endorsement… Infact, unless you are going to provide a link, you can stop making stupid accusations. – Lorica

Can I please be Veep!!! I would love a chance to shut up Harry. :o) – Lorica

13. alchemist says:

Lorica, I’ll give you this one, the video is an unnamed (ie possibly not real) video of a KKK endorsement.

Still, I was trying to compare the haircut to budget thing. Both “silly” stories, but the edwards $400 thing was pushed as a sign of his ‘elitism’. So shouldn’t $150,000 be treated with the same level of scrutiny?

Alchemist, it’s not the money, it’s the attitude. As I say before, there is a good possiblity that she just did not have the depth of wardrobe to make these constant appearances. Yes, I think that 150K is alot, more than is prudent. The reason the haircut was such a big thing is due to Bill Clinton’s haircut in 1992, where he tied up traffic at LAX for 3 hours waiting for the barber to give him his 400.00 haircut. Then when the Breck girl had his haircut, it was too much not to laugh at. – Lorica

Drudge is reporting that Obiden has spent 21 Million on polling. Seems to me that is pretty extreme when most of the news organizations will do it for free, and weight their every poll towards the Barry.

Yeah this election is historic, only in the fact that it more than proves that you cannot trust the main stream news media in anyway. – Lorica

16. alchemist says:

It depends on what they asked. If they polled “Who will you vote for?” that’s probably unnecessary. If they polled on perceptions, what voters liked, how they felt about proposed programs, language voters responded too… that may have helped craft their campaign. Since I imagine they’re not going to release their polling data… we’re unlikely to know.

17. Baklava says:

alchemist ridiculously asks, “So shouldn’t $150,000 be treated with the same level of scrutiny?

It says more about the people harping on it than the facts themselves say anything.

Michelle Obama is having lavish diners that cost $400 per night.
    Barack had a $140,000 Barackopolis Greek column set up for one night of a speech.
    Sarah has clothes and dry cleaning for her and her family (on tour) for a number of months to present an “image” through till election day. That’s not “ONE” night.

Your perspective alchemist is not taking into account that Hillary and Michelle Obama were already RICH and had the wardrobes and haven’t worn a single outfit twice. Your perspective alchemist is a tie the hands behind the Sarah’s back kind of attitude….

We see you as you are.

Nobody needs to JUSTIFY to you after the Greek column fiasco that was ONE night. Ask again and your perspective is on display. How many votes does any decision get anybody? Spending money on the polling, presidential seal, greek columns, botox on Joe’s forehead… Whatev!

Try talking about the issues

18. BeachBabe NC says:

OOOHHHH Im a Hairstylist.. Ill do haircuts for 400 buck-a-roos.. My name is BeachBabe NC and I approve this message.. :))

19. Great White Rat says:

Alchemist, good thing you backed off that bit of nonsense about McCain receiving the Klan endorsement. It that were even remotely true, you can be sure our ever-vigilant MSM would be trumpeting the news non-stop. Not to mention the Obama campaign itself, which bends over backwards to find any real or imagined whiff of racism.

In fact, no less a KKK celebrity than David Duke is ambivalent about Obama. From TNR:

far from railing at Obama’s rise, Duke seems almost nonchalant about it. Self-described white nationalists like himself, he explained cordially, “don’t see much difference in Barack Obama than Hillary Clinton–or, for that matter, John McCain.”

Guess you guys on the left will have to invent some other unsavory association for McCain to balance out the busload of thugs and terrorists who can’t wait to see Obama in the Oval Office. For the record, I notice again that you don’t seem concerned by their support. It never occurs to you that when all America’s enemies line up enthusiastically behind a candidate, maybe they have a good reason. For a scientist, you’re uncharacteristically uncurious.

Amazing Alchemist just how far you will go to justify you candidate’s wasteful habits. You decry one thing, which actually seems to have a sound purpose, but brush away another that really has no purpose. We had a presidency by polling with Bill Clinton, do we really want another under the Barry??? Where is the outrage that “the man of the People”, doesn’t have the knowledge of what the People want/need, that he has to spend 140 TIMES what Sarah spent on clothes and dry cleaning for her, her Husband, and ALL of those children???

With every passing day Alchemist, your side looks more ridiculous than the day before. Sarah Palin is going to be around for a very long time, I pray. And she is going to continue to make your side look more ridiculous with each passing year. – Lorica