Josh Marshall: Sarah Palin is “probably mentally unstable”

Posted by: ST on July 6, 2009 at 7:23 pm

In a bizarre post in which he implies that Sarah Palin’s post-dated resignation leaves room for her to not resign (huh?), we get this gem:

Again, I don’t think it’s likely. And I can’t fathom a scenario in which it was planned all along. But remember we’re dealing with a deeply erratic and probably mentally unstable person who does lots of completely whacked things at the drop of a hat.

“Probably mentally unstable”? And Marshall’s license to diagnose Sarah Palin from behind his laptop is … where, exactly? Yeah, that’s what I thought.

Come to think of it, maybe it’s a hope of his and others on the far left that she will “unresign.” This brings to mind a spot-on comment made by ST reader GWR made earlier today:

I said in a previous post that I’d have preferred she stay and fight the nonsense. However, I do understand her reasoning. If she stayed on, your associates would have continued the nonsense and prevented her from doing her job as it should be done. She opted to give her state a full-time governor instead.

As for reforming the system, yes, that needs to be done. Any time the governor’s staff is spending 80% of their time swatting away harrassment and meritless ethics complaints from these left-wing mosquitos, a new can of insecticide is definitely needed. But she could not have led that battle – if she had, you’d predictably be here hinting darkly that she’s only doing it to hide something, and your friends would claim that leading the fight for reform is itself an ethics violation.

What she has done is undercut the liberals’ strategy. She can continue to speak out on issues, and I hope she does. But as a private citizen, she will not be open to these complaints. Your side will have to go to a different page in your playbook of the politics of personal destruction.

Yep – like the accusations of “mental instability” coming from the party whose wacko Minnesota contingent helped elect Stuart ‘I like to physically intimidate my political opponents‘ Smalley to the US Senate.

Go figure. 8-|

18 Responses to “Josh Marshall: Sarah Palin is “probably mentally unstable””

Comments

1. Severian says:

These nitwits better watch what they say. She’s a private citizen now, not a governor, and there are such things as slander and libel laws. Maybe she learned some valuable lessons, doesn’t matter if you win, costs you little to file charges, and drag them thru the mud and cost them a lot of money defending themselves. And I suspect she has enough people willing to donate to her legal funds among her fans to help finance it.

2. jann says:

I hope what ever she does makes her family happy, they deserve it. I mean I know she took an oath but is she supposed to sacrifice her soul for the state, I think not. Now on her side of it, I understand why she wouldn’t want to waste not one more dime of the hard working people of Alaska. In these times of enormous spending by the new administration it is immoral not to think that way. I don’t know why the pundits don’t get it. We the people do and it makes us love her even more. So what ever she does from this day on I for one support her no matter what.

3. Jaimo says:

Do you think for one minute that Obama would let these people attack his family the way they have Sara Palin’s? I hope she sues the ever living crap out of these people.

4. Peter says:

While she is governor there are limits to how much anyone can donate to her legal defense fund. This is part of the reason the Palin family is a half million dollars in debt from the legal bills caused by these spurious ethics complaints.

Marshall, being a Democrat, would have no problem sloughing a half million dollar debt off. The Palins? Not so much.

Marshall has great expertise on mental instability, though. After all, he watches the Democrats.

5. JadedByPolitics says:

Big grown up smart woman SCARES little Josh….did you know he pee’s his bed when Sarah’s face comes on the TV? I think that it is some kind of mental malady however not being a shrink I can only guess at why he does it:d

6. mammahotep says:

Everytime Sarah comes on the scene, liberals all act like they forgot to take their stool softner!

7. Bear1909 says:

Anybody with an ounce of political wit knows this was a masterful strategic move by THEEE most charismatic politician in the GOP.

All of this slinging against Palin gets most of its coverage from ninnies on the Right who show a bizarre fetish for the nasty things the numbed politicos and hacks on the left say about their candidates and officials.

Shall we move on?!?!?!?!

Palin has fired the shot across the Boy Emperor’s Bow that will help us little people dig in our heels, organize a slate of dedicated conservatives to throw these bums out of Congress in 2010 and get Palin nominated to run in 2012.

If Tricky Dick could do it after Kennedy’s victory in 1960, Sarah Palin can in fact do it better.

Reacting to the Left’s petty smears is useless. When will we use our blogs to do less chattering and more thought provoking brainstorming to take back our Nation.

Tick tock.

Bear1909 out.

8. Trish says:

Peter, you make a good point.
    I also wonder if she didn’t resign because it will be easier to fight back as a civilian.

Oh, she’s mentally unstable all right – by the definition supplied to the donks by “qualified” psycho(analyst)s, that being that anyone right of Ted (the “Swimmer”) Kennedy or Nancy (“The CIA’s Always Lying”) Pelosi is by definition mentally unstable.

If you control the definition, you control the mud.

I hope he made definite enough statements in his screed that her lawyer can add him to his list of suits to be filed.

10. Steve Skubinna says:

Not that I am advocating a violent response against those who slandered the Palins. And it would be a tragedy, which I would deplore with appropriate frowny faced solemnity, were these cheesedips to find themselves in sudden possession of 150 grains of FMJ in their upper brain housing groups.

But if that were to happen, we can be certain that Sarah had nothing to do with it because I, and millions of others, will cheerfully testify that she and Todd and I were watching “My Name Is Earl” and munching popcorn when it happened. I have the affadavits already made up.

Complete with buttery fingerprints.

11. Jo says:

The whole ‘we hate, loathe and despise’ Sarah Palin always saddens me and makes me wonder if we truly will survive as a democracy. I can’t even fathom how the left sees all of Obama’s socialistic policies as the great things he packages them as? I don’t understand it. I don’t understand the vitriolic hatred spewed against Palin. The bottom line is: Can a house divided still stand?

12. Severian says:

I think a lot of these people would do well to consider that Palin is a hunter, she is well versed in things like stalking game. Same tactics apply to politics, and these guys are falling all over themselves to step into what could be a very obvious and simple trap. Keep the PDS up, they are incapable of shutting up, and they may well find out they are in the crosshairs of some nasty legal battles.

13. texas says:

This is so typical. They can’t attack Sarah Palin on the issues so they resort to Jr. High name calling rhetoric. That’s okay, in the long run they will be eating their words. :)

Go Saracuda!

14. NC Cop says:

John Adams spoke of this.

Democracy… while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.

John Adams

Perhaps we are witnessing Adams prediction right now.

15. SpideyTerry says:

Y’know, I don’t think I heard of Josh Marshall before reading this news item. I

16. SpideyTerry says:

Y’know, I don’t think I heard of Josh Marshall before reading this news item. I can see why from reading that.

(D’oh, clicked ‘Sumbit Comment’ by accident earlier.)

Our local fishwrap is running daily national articles trashing Palin. This is beginning to sound like what His Hollowness has been doing for his entire term so far by still running against GW. Everything our prez does is calculated to beat GW in the election (that happened 7 mos. ago), and everything written in the MSM about Palin is designed to defeat her once again. In 2008.

Come on, MSM, the election is over. Your crude, evil and “Goebels-like” attacks make you look sleazier than you already are.