Creeptastic: Elementary school shows Obama “pledge” video to students

Posted by: ST on September 2, 2009 at 11:51 pm

Oh but no they didn’t!

A school principal has apologized for showing a video at an assembly that a politically conservative group leader is calling “radical, leftist propaganda.”

Children at Eagle Bay Elementary School in Farmington were shown a short video called “I pledge” on Aug. 28. The video opens with an image of President Barack Obama and part of a speech in which he says, “Let us summon a new spirit of patriotism, of responsibility where each of us resolves to pitch in and work harder and look after not only ourselves but each other.” The video then features celebrities making pledges about how they will help the president and the world — and that’s where some say the problem lies.

Many pledges, such as supporting local food banks, smiling more, and caring for the elderly are noncontroversial. But other pledges, such as “to never give anyone the finger when I’m driving again,” “to sell my obnoxious car and buy a hybrid” and to advance stem cell research cross the line, some say.

[...]

Chris Williams, Davis School District spokesman, said school principal Ofelia Wade and school PTA leaders decided to show the video as part of an assembly about the school’s theme for the year, service. He said the PTA board chose the video and Wade did not see it before it was shown in the assembly.

“It got to a point where she turned to her assistant and said, ‘Oops, I wish I would have seen this before. I don’t think I would have shown it,’ ” Williams said. He said Wade could see how some adults might find the video political.

“She acknowledges she was wrong and apologizes for it and says she’s sorry,” Williams said. Attempts to reach school PTA leaders Tuesday evening were unsuccessful.

Williams said Wade plans to send a letter home to parents Wednesday about the issue.

Gayle Ruzicka, president of conservative Utah Eagle Forum, said the video was blatantly political. She said other offensive pledges included, “I pledge to be of service to Barack Obama,” “I pledge allegiance to the funk, to the united funk of funkadelica,” and pledges to not use plastic grocery bags and not flush the toilet after urinating.

Sounds pretty typical of life in Moonbattia – and perhaps a sign of things to come, depending on what high school and college those kids attend later on in life. Here’s the video, BTW, for those of you who haven’t seen it.

How much do you want to bet that more than one of those PTA members – and possibly even the principal herself – oppose saying the pledge of allegiance to the US flag, but have no issue with making young students feel compelled to pledge to be a “servant” to the President of the United States?

Oh well. At least they didn’t single out for ridicule the students whose moms and dads voted for McCain.

Sigh.

Related:

13 Responses to “Creeptastic: Elementary school shows Obama “pledge” video to students”

Comments

1. Great White Rat says:

Maybe ACORN and SEIU will pay them a visit instead. You know, to keep them from “spreading untruths” about the God Who Walks Among Us.

2. camojack says:

Hitler Youth, anyone? :-?

3. Carol says:

When I first saw this video months ago I laughed and then got mad. Now I’m falling down laughing because how many of the Hollyweirdos and young liberal youth out there do you think are ever going to get off their asses, turn off their Ipods and stop texting for five minutes and do any kind of charity work? Ain’t gonna happen. They voted for Obama out of ignorance and hatred for Bush.

Yes, Bush wasn’t perfect, but at least he never once treated the American people, especially those who hated him, like anything less than his equal.

4. david foster says:

One of the signs of a totalitarian is the effort to switch allegiances from *instituitions* to *the person of the leader*. Hitler did this when he changed the armed forces oath to require the swearing of allegiance to him personally rather than to the nation.

It is extremely disturbing to see how many Americans seem to long for this kind of leader-worship.

5. Fooch says:

I agree with Mr. Foster. Also, Carol…Bush just was just a puppet like all the other presidents (excluding the ones who got executed) who are influenced and controlled by the financial elite. Those globalists who you rarely hear of. I don’t think there is any president, at least as of the last few decades that wasn’t hand picked to run.

When both sides are controlled, and they serve the same leaders and agenda, the outcome is always the same. The way I see it is Bush just ran this country into the ground, and was such a bad president and began coming off as a dictator, even saying, “if this were a dictatorship, it would be much easier…so long as I’m the dictator”. Seriously?? That is what our president is saying? So here you have all these people now crying out for change, which is understandable. So what you then get is a bunch of people who are that much more willing to go along with this “change” and “hope” campaign. People actually think this guy is a savior.

It is interesting, you hear all sorts of opinions on this. Some are completley loyal to the government. These people I find oblivious. Others, don’t trust the government, but yet somehow still think that all this is nothing to worry about. Others are still in denial while admitting that this seems “sketchy”. Others know that this isn’t going in the right direction, but feel we are far from serfdom. Others who are aware, and are vocing their opinion trying to wake up other people and are getting branded with the paranoia label, and those that are aware but can’t control their emotions and aren’t necessarily paranoid, but don’t help people like me who IS in control of my emotions, and am aware while trying to do what I think is right. Get people involved.

Of course, the statists don’t see it that way. They see only that they’re motivating people to do good (as defined by them because the people aren’t smart enough to figure it out for themselves.)

Pity that they can’t see that their real objective is to dominate and subjugate, to rule over a pliant and willing serf class.

7. Neo says:

The real shame here is that everybody, both supporter and critics, believe in their hearts that the President of the United States would (or should) use this speech to pitch a political agenda to school children.

Has the office been debased that much in a mere 7 months ?

It has occurred to me that the principal should be in the Senate or House. She doesn’t do her required homework, somewhat akin to not reading bills that are being voted on. A perfect match for the TABC (two-active-brain-cell) leader so common in Congress.

9. Steve Skubinna says:

Fooch, what color is the sky in your world?

Obviously you are not just spouting off, since nobody could write such things without the tacit approval of the shadowy globalists. So what are they paying you, you tool of the Illuminati?

10. Carol says:

Wow, Fooch, all I said was that President Bush treated Americans with respect, something Obama won’t do because he’s a racist narcissist.

I’m disappointed in a lot of what President Bush did at the end of his presidency. You can’t argue with the fact that Bush has a lot more class than Obama. The fact is I hate all politicians. They’re all liars and cheats.