Freaky Alan Grayson wants critic jailed

Posted by: ST on December 22, 2009 at 6:55 pm

The unhinged Florida Democrat strikes again:

Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla., is asking U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to launch an investigation into a Web site launched by a Republican activist that parodies his own re-election site.

My, my, my. Florida Rep. Alan Grayson wants to see one of his critics go directly to jail — all over her use of the word “my.”

In an effort to raise money against the outspoken freshman Democrat, a Republican activist named Angie Langley has launched “mycongressmanisnuts.com” — a Web site that parodies Grayson’s re-election site, “congressmanwithguts.com.”

Langley criticizes Grayson on her Web site for his “inappropriate behavior” and “childish approach” toward governing, and claims he “does not represent the values of central Florida.” She said in an interview with Fox News on Tuesday that she launched the site in an effort “to expose him (Grayson) for what he is.”

Click here to see video.

But Grayson is not amused, and he is asking U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to conduct an investigation into the Web site and Langley, according to a report in the Orlando Sentinel.

In a four-page letter sent to Holder, Grayson accuses Langley of lying to federal elections and requests that she be fined and imprisoned for five years.

Her lie, according to Grayson, is that she claims to be one of his constituents. Langley, Grayson says, is misrepresenting herself by using the term “my” in the Web site’s name.

Langley is a resident of Clermont, Fla., which is outside Grayson’s 8th District. Oh, my.

“Ms. Langley has deliberately masqueraded as a constituent of mine, in order to try to create the false appearance that she speaks for constituents who don’t support me,” Grayson writes in his complaint. “[She] has chosen a name for her committee that is utterly tasteless and juvenile.”

And that, my dear readers, is the real reason why Grayson wants this critic jailed. Not because she’s “not really his constituent” and therefore allegedly “lied” to the FEC regarding the name of her committee but because she’s been so vocal in her criticisms.

For what it’s worth, here’s Grayson’s full complaint.

As to the “utterly tasteless and juvenile” accusation, and the comments in his complaint about how the name of Ms. Langley’s committee sinks to “new lows”? Er, um, a reminder of a few “utterly tasteless and juvenile” things Grayson has said – and done:

– He called Linda Robertson, a lobbyist and former advisor to Fed Chair Ben Bernanke a “K Street whore.”

– He’s stated that he believes former VP Dick Cheney is a vampire who has “blood that drips from his teeth while he’s talking.”

– He’s accused Republicans who oppose ObamaCare of wanting people who get sick to “die quickly” and started a “Names of the Dead” website for friends and family members to post stories about loved ones who allegedly died because they had no healthcare coverage.

– He’s also compared the lack of  nationalized healthcare in America to the Holocaust.

– He’s called Republicans “foot-dragging, knuckle-dragging Neanderthals.”

–  He held a “town hall” meeting on ObamaCare during the summer at … a union HQ.

Pot, kettle, anyone?

10 Responses to “Freaky Alan Grayson wants critic jailed

Comments

1. When you make yourself into a lightning rod, you have no cause to complain that it isn’t safe for you in a storm.

Grayson was feted as a hero by liberals and progressives for his tough talk about Republicans and for his forceful advocacy of policies that he thought were right and good. Fair enough — I don’t have any problem with a politician of either party using strong, blunt language to argue for their preferred version of policy.

He knew, or should have known, that substantial numbers of people both in and out of his district would respond forcefully and ungently to what he did. And Grayson, as much as any other elected official, has sworn an oath to uphold the Constitution. Langley’s website is political advocacy, pure and simple. She is 100% within her Constitutional rights to criticize Rep. Grayson whether she lives in his district or not.

And Grayson, who has sworn an oath of office requiring him to uphold and protect the Constitution, should know that if he doesn’t like waht she has to say, his remedy is to speak up for himself and defend his policies and political tactics. If he now finds them indefensible, then his remedy is to apologize. But the courts should afford him no cover against political criticism.

2. DaveinPhoenix says:

Hey Alan Grayson, I’ll go one step further than saying you are “nuts”. You’re a dangerous communist waste of sperm and you should have been in handcuffs and prison long ago. And I’ll be more than happy to provide my personal information if you want to come gunning for me.

3. Mwalimu Daudi says:

Now you’ve done it, DaveinPhoenix! The Civility Nazis will be after you for sure.

4. JHTRazor says:

How, pray tell, does someone like this get elected? The positions some of these representatives and Senators take is so extreme, that I find myself scratching my head in wonderment about how they get, and in many cases stay, elected.

The commenter above summed up about as well as can be, “nuts”.

5. Kate says:

The answer JHTRazor is simple….people do not pay attention to who is running. They vote their “pocketbook” in many cases, which is why the earmark process is so out of control. We only have ourselves to blame for not demanding to know, in full, who our elected officials are and demand qualified people. But, the media has harassed many a fine candidate from running due to past transgressions or pure fear-mongering based on their own bias. So it’s either a dedicated civil servant or a ready-made party machine candidate that will run. In Florida we have an example of the later, I think.

Political parties know that people are too busy or too preoccupied with the functions of daily life to look any deeper than the campaign ads….only a few can really dig or really want to exert that extra effort. So as American’s we have failed ourselves. We have not demanded the truth and transparency that was promised by Obama, and others of any political persuasion.

This is one reason why I believe the time for term limits for all federal positions has come… including federal court judges. The power of incumbency that allows some of the refuse to float along and build up political war chests to fund their campaigns has become too unreasonable.

As for the gentleman from Florida….I hope the folks in the Sunshine State get an earful and vote him out…

6. Bill says:

Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla: The poster child for “Pro Term Limits for U.S. Congress”.

While Eric Holder is busy trying to figure out how to silence critics of the Loony Left he can also investigate how ACORN managed to steal the election for Grayson – there simply could not be enough idiots in central Florida to elect him legally.

7. Ms Langley now has at her disposal and service my Enfield Rifle and my Sharps Rifle. And there is also my blade.

TransLaw, I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment, but unfortunately more and more of the unthinking public (mostly left, but also on the right) thinks that invective, ad hominem and attack amount to “thoughtful discussion” now.

A sorry state of affairs, most of which I place directly at the feet of the government education system and the MSM. When people think a full range of discussion amounts to a day’s worth of sound bites it shows an amazing amount of disgusting stupidity.