Election 2016: Mitt Isn’t Ready to Call It Quits
Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla., is asking U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to launch an investigation into a Web site launched by a Republican activist that parodies his own re-election site.
My, my, my. Florida Rep. Alan Grayson wants to see one of his critics go directly to jail — all over her use of the word “my.”
In an effort to raise money against the outspoken freshman Democrat, a Republican activist named Angie Langley has launched “mycongressmanisnuts.com” — a Web site that parodies Grayson’s re-election site, “congressmanwithguts.com.”
Langley criticizes Grayson on her Web site for his “inappropriate behavior” and “childish approach” toward governing, and claims he “does not represent the values of central Florida.” She said in an interview with Fox News on Tuesday that she launched the site in an effort “to expose him (Grayson) for what he is.”
But Grayson is not amused, and he is asking U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to conduct an investigation into the Web site and Langley, according to a report in the Orlando Sentinel.
In a four-page letter sent to Holder, Grayson accuses Langley of lying to federal elections and requests that she be fined and imprisoned for five years.
Her lie, according to Grayson, is that she claims to be one of his constituents. Langley, Grayson says, is misrepresenting herself by using the term “my” in the Web site’s name.
Langley is a resident of Clermont, Fla., which is outside Grayson’s 8th District. Oh, my.
“Ms. Langley has deliberately masqueraded as a constituent of mine, in order to try to create the false appearance that she speaks for constituents who don’t support me,” Grayson writes in his complaint. “[She] has chosen a name for her committee that is utterly tasteless and juvenile.”
And that, my dear readers, is the real reason why Grayson wants this critic jailed. Not because she’s “not really his constituent” and therefore allegedly “lied” to the FEC regarding the name of her committee but because she’s been so vocal in her criticisms.
For what it’s worth, here’s Grayson’s full complaint.
As to the “utterly tasteless and juvenile” accusation, and the comments in his complaint about how the name of Ms. Langley’s committee sinks to “new lows”? Er, um, a reminder of a few “utterly tasteless and juvenile” things Grayson has said – and done:
– He called Linda Robertson, a lobbyist and former advisor to Fed Chair Ben Bernanke a “K Street whore.”
– He’s stated that he believes former VP Dick Cheney is a vampire who has “blood that drips from his teeth while he’s talking.”
– He’s accused Republicans who oppose ObamaCare of wanting people who get sick to “die quickly” and started a “Names of the Dead” website for friends and family members to post stories about loved ones who allegedly died because they had no healthcare coverage.
– He’s also compared the lack of nationalized healthcare in America to the Holocaust.
– He’s called Republicans “foot-dragging, knuckle-dragging Neanderthals.”
– He held a “town hall” meeting on ObamaCare during the summer at … a union HQ.
Pot, kettle, anyone?