Stuck on Stupid: Kanye claims victim status over Matt Lauer interview

Posted by: ST on November 10, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Cry me a river! Via Reuters:

Rapper Kanye West on Wednesday complained of being misused in a new TV interview during which he pulled back from a 2005 comment he made that characterized former President George W. Bush as a racist.

But the outspoken rapper, who is known for his socially-conscious lyrics, did not say he was misquoted when the “Today” morning chat show interviewed him. Instead, in a series of Twitter messages, he said the program’s co-host Matt Lauer had “tried to force my answers” to questions.

“Today” stood by its interview.

[...]

The three-way verbal sparring began when Bush hit the promotional circuit for “Decision Points” and was asked about passages that address comments West made on a television fund-raiser for victims of Hurricane Katrina. On the program West said “George Bush doesn’t care about black people.”

In the book and in his own interview earlier this week on “Today,” Bush told Lauer the comment upset him. “He called me a racist…I didn’t appreciate it then. I don’t appreciate it now.”

“Today” then pursued an interview with West, which will air on Thursday, November 11. When asked by Lauer about those past comments, West seemed to soften his stance about the former president.

“I would tell George Bush in my moment of frustration that I didn’t have the grounds to call him a racist. But I believe that in a situation of high emotion, like that, we as human beings don’t always choose the right words,” he said.

[...]

Hours earlier, West had taken to Twitter and complained to his fans that he had been misused by the “Today” show and by Lauer. His main complaint seemed to be that while appearing on “Today,” the show began airing another video underneath him that portrayed him in a negative light.

“I went up there to express how I was empathetic to Bush because I labeled him a racist and years later, I got labeled as a racist…,” West tweeted.

About Lauer, West wrote: “He tried to force my answers. It was very brutal and I came here with only positive intent.”

In another, he said: “I feel very alone very used very tortured very forced very misunderstood very hollow very very misused.”

Doesn’t this moron understand that no one needs to “paint” him in a negative light, that he does that on his own naturally?

I’m sick of Kanye, and I hate that this “issue” has become one of the main focal points of interviewers with President Bush as he promotes his new book.

In fact, I kinda hate myself for even writing about this. Excuse me while I go slap myself upside the head. x(

10 Responses to “Stuck on Stupid: Kanye claims victim status over Matt Lauer interview”

Comments

1. camojack says:

Doesn’t this moron understand…?

The question sort of answers itself, n’est-ce pas?

2. Kate says:

LOL…how’s that headache Sister?

Well I guess this comes with the territory Kayne! No apology necessary. Just keep insulting George Bush and you won’t have any problems with Matt Lauer and company.

Personally, I don’t understand what other reason they would be talking to Kayne West if it weren’t for that remark in Bush’s new book. He should send President Bush a thank you note for making him relevant in some weird way.

3. Jo says:

This idiot shoots his fool mouth off over everything, runs up on stage when that little Taylor Swift is receiving an award and jerks it out of her hand and then complains because he’s painted in a bad light? What a stupid, ignorant, idiotic, lame fool. He needs to just go away and be the irrelevant blathering fool he is without affecting others.

4. Paul says:

West can dish it out, but he can’t take it when it’s reciprocated !

5. bill glass says:

With West, the more he talks the worse he looks.

6. Tango says:

….uh, WHO???

7. Zippy says:

Sounds like someone else I know of in the WH .. always blaming someone else. Do I see a pattern here?

Kanye, if you claim ‘stupid’, people are more apt to believe you. Outspoken and intelligent is one thing, being an outspoken moron is quite another..

Why believe he’s stupid? (Other than the obvious fact he is?) He is taking the one requirement for being a liberal/ leftist/statist to its logical conclusion, and that is he is a victim no matter what the circumstances.

Like Zippy noted above, he’s not the only one.

9. nina says:

Jo he really thought black Beyonce was more deserving. He is not only stupid(his audience IQ =30) but a racist.

10. Valerie says:

I finally saw the Today Show segment last night, and I honestly think Kanye needs some professional help. He can’t seem to hold a thought, and has a VERY inflated opinion of himself. On the one hand, I don’t know why any reputable journalist would even consider doing an interview with him – but on the other hand, I think interviews such as this one shows what an egotistical maniac Kanye is.