Posted by: ST on January 11, 2012 at 7:15 pm

You can always tell when an election year rolls around. Democrats who are normally at DEFCON 2 on the Hatemeter scale kick it up a notch to DEFCON 1, and they aren’t above using someone’s death or serious injury (or sickness) in the process .

Case in point: Scatterbrained DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL). Not content with simply playing the race card just a few short months ago against conservatives, who she accused of wanting to bring back the era of Jim Crow with changes they were advocating with regards to Voter ID laws, her latest outrageous claim is the recycled, tired lie that conservatives were indirectly responsible for the attempted assassination of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Via The Washington Examiner:

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., speaking in New Hampshire this morning, reminded her audience of the tragic Tucson shooting last year — and also insinuated that the Tea Party, which she said regards political opponents as “the enemy,” has enhanced divisiveness in Congress and had something to do with the shooting, at least indirectly.

“We need to make sure that we tone things down, particularly in light of the Tucson tragedy from a year ago, where my very good friend, Gabby Giffords — who is doing really well, by the way, — [was shot],” Wasserman Schultz, the Democratic National Committee chair said during a “Politics and Eggs” forum this morning. “The discourse in America, the discourse in Congress in particular . . . has really changed, I’ll tell you. I hesitate to place blame, but I have noticed it take a very precipitous turn towards edginess and lack of civility with the growth of the Tea Party movement.”

Having brought up the Giffords attack as a political cudgel, Wasserman Schultz doubled down on that attack. “You had town hall meetings that [the Tea Party] tried to take over, and you saw some their conduct at those town hall meetings,” Wasserman Schultz said today. “When they come and disagree with you, you’re not just wrong, you’re the enemy.”

Absolutely shameless. But let’s not be at all surprised by her disgusting use of the horrific tragedy in Tucson that deeply affected us all for raw political gain. Hey, she’s done it before. From last January (bolded emphasis added by me):

As Democrats ramp up their day-long press tour to criticize the House Republican plan to vote on a repeal of the landmark health care reform bill today, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz is using this month’s tragedy in Tucson to take on the GOP.

Speaking at a press conference this morning, Wasserman Schultz — who was joined by several other Democratic members of Congress as well as several Obama administration officials including Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius — said that one of the heroes of the Jan. 8 shooting in Tucson that left six dead and Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) in the hospital is opposed to the House legislative action today.

“Normally I would step to a microphone like this and tell a story about the impact that decision might have on a constituent in my district,” Wasserman Schultz said. “Instead what I’m going to do is share with you what Pat Maisch — who was the hero who dropped the second magazine out of the gunman’s hand during the tragedy in Tucson — what she planned to say to Gabby Giffords when she was waiting on line to talk to her.”

Wasserman Schultz said Maisch wanted the health care reforms signed into law by President Obama in March kept in place, and that the Arizona grandmother bemoaned the tone of the repeal debate led by the new Republican House majority.

“[Maisch] wanted me to share that she wanted us to choose our words more carefully,” Wasserman Schultz said. “She had planned to tell Gabby, amazingly even before this tragedy, how inappropriate she thought [it was that] ‘job-killing’ was part of the title of this legislation.”

Virulent anti-war types, union thugs, and militant Occupiers not included, of course. 8-|

The D stands for DeceptionWatch for more of this Absolute Moral Authority garbage in the coming months as the party that stormed their way into the WH and a Congressional majority in Congress in 2008 on a wave of glory brought on by one of the most duplicitous politicos in US history try and recapture that glory by waging a vicious war against conservative ideals that will be unprecedented in terms of the astronomical level of distortions, demonizations, lies, and hatred – all funded, in part, by campaign cash generously donated by exactly the type of “rich” folks the President, Wasserman Schultz, and the like all claim to be so stridently against.

Fasten your seat belts, amigos y amigas. The ride this election year promises to be a lot more bumpy than usual.

16 Responses to “DNC Chair uses hateful rhetoric in indirectly blaming ‘hateful rhetoric’ for Giffords’ shooting”

Comments

Please correct me if I’m wrong about this, but wasn’t it the WH itself that started this “they’re the enemy” thing? Seems to me it was last spring that it raised a minor dustup when either the Prez himself, “I’ve Got a Well-worn Path Down My Throat” Biden, or maybe his press sec that used that phrase.

And Wasserman Schultz has little room to be decrying devisive and hateful language. She’s the queen of such, even outdoing Moochelle Thunderthighs.

2. Yes yes, “tone it down.” Let’s remind Deb of that later this year when Obama and his minions accuse Romney of being a racist and evil corporate raider/exploiter of the working class….

3. Tom TB says:

Weren’t “Jim Crow” laws enacted by Democrats, and wasn’t the deranged Tucson shooter also a member of Wasserman-Schultz’s party? Does she think we will believe her nonsense, or does she believe it herself?

No, Tom, she doesn’t believe it herself, she’s a practiced liar who believes to her very core that people in general are stupid, and especially that “victim” minorities (i.e.- blacks and hispanics) are such intellectual incompetents that it is government’s job to make sure the stupid, oppressive masses don’t take as much advantage of them as the Democraps do.

5. Great White Rat says:

Liberals proudly distance themselves from moral standards, as is obvious from their repeated attacks on traditional judeo-christian morality. And once you’ve made a point of having no moral guidelines,lying becomes easy.

Never forget that the ultimate goal of liberals is not a free society, or economic prosperity, or justice, or any of those other outdated ideas listed in the preamble to the Constitution. It is power over everyone else. And no act that will help them attain or retain power is unthinkable to them. Read Alinsky. It’s all in there.

6. TexasDoc says:

What is it with that stupid woman? She opens her trap at every wrong moment, always says the wrong thing and makes herself look even more foolish.

Considering her mayo and cheese dip hairdo, her crime family background and her vapid stupidity, why do the voters of her district keep electing Ms. Manure-for-Brains?

7. bob jones says:

I have never ever heard this idiot opening her mouth without sounding completely insane, she fits right in with most of her colleagues.

8. Drew the Infidel says:

The discourse “turned toward edginess and a lack of civility with the rise of the Tea Party” because of Commiecrat hysteria and fear of it. As usual, she misinterpreted the obvious.

9. Drew says:

Decorum prevents me from using the language I would prefer wrt ms Schultz.

Let’s just say she one obnoxious and stupid (rhymes with) rich.

10. Kate in MI says:

whenever I tell my mom about what this ‘person’ has said lately, I always have to describe her so mom will know who i’m talking about…
    I call her the p…c h..r headed democrat from Florida, and mom knows exactly who/what I’m talking about..
    it always amazes how shallow the gene pool is getting on the democrat side…from islands tipping over to landing on Mars…it’s almost like they’re trying to prove how brain dead they are…

11. Severian says:

And to think we all thought it couldn’t get worse than Howeird Dean as DNC head…

12. Brontefan says:

Right on target, Carlos!! Yes, it was BHO and he was reading a teleprompter when he called me “the enemy.” I was aghast. I always thought I was an opponent. In my lifetime, and as recently as Dan Rather’s escapade against GWB… people vetted the candidates and lies were exposed. Not now! Now we have a Democratic mouthpiece who openly LIES on camera and repeats Dem talking points as if they were gospel. DWS is vicious in her attacks–ask Congressman West! She has not class, taste, dignity, or grace. Politics today is Chicago style–dirty, underhanded, and filled with mendacity. And the American public is duped into believing the federal government is going to “take care of them.” The amusing perspective is… to ask the questions, like they took care of Fannie & Freddie? the post office? defending our borders? protecting the citizens?

13. ordman says:

“DNC chair blames Tea Party for Tucson shooting”
    “You had town hall meetings that they tried to take over, and you saw some their conduct at those tea party meetings,” Wasserman Schultz said. ”

Yes, yes, yes, the Tea Party was to blame for the Weather-Underground bombings, Richard Jewel planted the bombs at the Atlanta, Georgia’s Centennial Olympic Park in 1996, the Jews obviously brought the gas chambers on themselves, and you and Michael Nifong are both such strong proponents of the American justice system and the search for truth.

Thanks Debbie where would be without you?

I hate to remind DWS of this, but it was Democrap plants and union thugs who caused the few violent incidents at any of the TEA parties, not the TEA partiers themselves.

Which only goes to show which side is the side of peace and good, which is the side of violence, death and evil.

Another “I hate to remind you of this…” and a “Correct me if I’m wrong…”, but I seem to remember it was Democraps at the 1968 Democrap convention in Chicago (a town known to have only 3 registered Repubs) that not only did future Democrap leaders riot and cause riots in the streets, but the Democrap authourity response was to violently put them down, too.

So, DWS, you’ve got both Democrap “rank and file” and Democrap “leaders” (they actually haven’t a clue what that means, but it sounds good so they use it) exhibiting the violence their party was founded on, is historically a constant proponent and exhibitor of and proponent of its use against their “enemies” even today and into the foreseeable future.

The best way to deflect attention from fatal flaws is to accuse the “enemy” of such flaws, right, Debbie?

16. Marie says:

I attended the very first Dayton, Ohio Tea Party Rally. Mind you, I rode the RTA Bus to get there, signed only one political candidate’s email list, walked carefully down the street after the peaceful event, and immediately added my name to the Tea Party website’s mailing address at a public library. The entire rally, I did not see or hear of violence. A woman did push her way up to the stage very close to me, and was raving about it being her right to speak her mind, and the Dayton PD officers discreetly removed her. She had a tote on wheels piece of luggage with her, so she easily could have had something harmful to herself and others inside. It doesn’t matter her skin color, she did what would get anybody taken off the platform by the men in blue. I am on disability but this is years after paying into the system which I was told by my grandmother was already in her time being misused for every other cause along with why it was created. I was also registered democratic before the second running of the bulls, err, I mean bills (clinton). Bill and Hillary could never get my vote for a second go at it. And Hillary has made an absolute mockery out of standing by your man, and I rather doubt she’s happy serving as Secty of State with BHO as Commander in Chief. Well, clearly, I digress, but what I’m saying to you is that people who really grow up, change with maturity as years continue to weather and wear them into somebody worth having a fine conversation over apple pie and coffee. I will not fear the Democrats, not one bit. They will reap their own reward. Tea Party is not violent, is not filled with haters, doesn’t try to bully over you no matter what your skin tone, your ethnicity, or your religion. Now, if you come in dressed as sheep to a Tea Party, and you’re really a wolf, we will see you taken off the stage, out of the park, and see if you need further help from professionals. One more thing, I highly doubt most people who claim they themselves are so and so’s very good friend are either very good or a friend.