Prayer request (UPDATED)

Posted by: ST on February 3, 2012 at 10:02 am

I’ve got an ultrasound appointment later on today for an issue that popped up for me in the summer of 2008 that I, unfortunately, have not followed up on until now – mainly out of fear (I know – it’s a stupid reason to not have a follow-up done). In short, I have what’s called a “splenic cyst” – a cyst in my spleen. Supposedly they are very rare and usually don’t cause any problems outside of mild discomfort for the people who have them. I’ve only had the discomfort once (knock on wood) which is what led to the discovery of the cyst.

Anyway, at the time of my last ultrasound, the size was about 3 centimeters. If it hasn’t grown much since then, it will just have to be monitored. But if it’s grown a substantial amount, surgery might be required to either remove the cyst or remove the spleen altogether. Obviously, I don’t want to have to do either. I’ll update you guys later this evening unless I’m too depressed to. Am hoping it’s just broken up on its own but I have a feeling that hasn’t happened.

So … if you have a moment would you please say a little prayer for yours truly on this? I rarely ever ask for personal prayer requests but I’m a little nervous and also know for a fact that the power of prayer always helps.

Thanks in advance.

Oh – and TGIF! :)

Update – 6:45 PM: Thank you for the prayers – both here and on Twitter and Facebook. :) Got some potentially good news: The ultrasound tech couldn’t find the cyst. It was a little bigger than an inch the first time it was seen but now it is nowhere to be found, which I’m hoping my doctor will tell me means I don’t have to worry about it anymore. The icky news is that gallstones were found. Sigh! But they were small so hopefully I’ll have to just monitory them and it won’t be anymore serious than that.

Thanks again for using the power of prayer to help me through my visit this afternoon. I could feel them!

21 Responses to “Prayer request (UPDATED)”

Comments

1. Bill says:

Consider yourself in my prayers. Keep us updated. And keep up the great work.

Bill

2. Susan says:

Got your back, ST. Already paused to pray and will pray more throughout the day for you!

3. Great White Rat says:

Done, ST. Please do let us know how this works out.

4. Praying for you now. “Christ has purchased your freedom from the CURSE of the law..” (and included in that curse is EVERY disease written and not written in the Bible).

As Jesus said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid. Just believe.”

Let us know how it goes. We are expecting good news for you.

P.S. – Sent out to 3 full time prayer intercessors as well.

5. Libertarian Advocate says:

ST. Thoughts and prayers are with you. But don’t dilly-dally with that stuff. Its very important to face up to medical issues as soon as you learn of them. But then you already know that….

6. Nanc says:

Prayers up!

7. Kate says:

Interceding with prayers! Lord, please comfort Sister as she goes through this procedure. Give her the peace that passes all understanding and give the doctors wisdom to determine what is best for her. Keep her in the palm of your hand. In Jesus’ Name…Amen.

8. NC Cop says:

Will say a prayer! Stay positive! You know that I know what I’m talking about!!!! FIGHT!! FIGHT!! FIGHT!!

9. chsgeecheegirl says:

Praying constantly for you!

10. Tom TB says:

Prayers sent, ST!

11. EBL says:

Prayers and well wishes that you recovery fully and soon.

12. Glad you are okay but to echo the comments made by another–don’t dilly-dally about these things!

13. Great White Rat says:

I’m with Laura, ST….thanking God that you’re doing well, but please don’t put things like this off.

14. Extirpates says:

You will be added to my list from now on, so there!

15. Drew the Infidel says:

Add me to the chain!

16. Jenny says:

Didn’t read this post until after your good results, but I will pause now to lift you up to God. He is holding you in His strong right hand!

17. This is excellent.

And this suggestion:

…a study of 872 Dutchmen between the ages of 40 and 59 found that the more calcium the men consumed over a 25-year period, the fewer gallstones they were likely to have.

(the body is attempting to preserve calcium via gallstones and is a sign of calcium DEFICIENCY)

there are all sorts of home remedies including olive oil and lemon (google it)

First paragraph was quoted from here

Awesome news. Will keep praying.

18. Bill says:

Great to hear!

19. Justin Credible says:

Glad the news was good, but even if medical intervention had been deemed necessary, it’d be nothing more that a physician helping you vent your spleen.

So that’s not all bad.

20. Thinkin Boutcha says:

Great news ST! FYI, if the gallstones talk back, you’ll know it. Had mine out 15 years ago…wasn’t so bad. Keep the faith and keep doing what you are doing. You have many fans.