Posted by: ST on April 4, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Sigh. You just cannot make this stuff up (via @GayPatriot):

DALLAS — Inside Kimberlyn Crowe’s Oak Cliff home, knitting has always been quiet therapy. Suddenly, it’s become a way to make some noise.

“Words don’t do any good because it’s all been said,” she declared. So she let the yarn became her words and her hobby become her voice.

“The statement is: ‘Get your hands off my uterus!'” Crowe said with a laugh.

She began knitting uteruses last week. On Sunday, she joined a group of North Texas knitters inside a Garland home.

They knitted, crocheted, and sewed dozens of uteruses. They will send them to Texas Gov. Rick Perry and other select lawmakers in Austin and Washington who, they believe, have cast votes cutting funding to women’s health care and limiting access to birth control.

Crowe is keen to send lawmakers a message. “Here’s your own uterus; now keep your hands off mine,” she said.

[…]

The uterus-knitting project is happening nationwide. Crowe says some politicians who have voted in ways they support will receive uteruses, too, with a note saying “Thanks.”

The hand-made uteruses will be hand-delivered to Gov. Perry’s office during a march in Austin in late April.

“You know, one could hope the heavens will open, light will shine down, and they’ll get it,” said Crowe with a smile. “I hope what they’ll hear is there’s a lot more of us than they might have thought of to start with.”

And of course you know this post would not be complete without a photo:

Crocheted uterus

I have a much better idea. Next time, why not crochet hats with the look/shape of a brain, complete with the muscle detailing and pinkish/reddish coloring? Then, maybe “feminists” nationwide who are participating in this silly narcissistic project can at least give off the impression that they have a brain and would, you know, like to be respected for it and stuff – like real feminists do. 8-|

Update – 5:01 PM: My Twitter friend Dan (@NorthDallas30) slams it out of the ballpark:

Ain’t that the truth.

Flashback:

9 Responses to “#WarOnWomen: Nothing says “respect me for my mind” better than a crocheted uterus!”

Comments

1. I gotta say, I laughed out loud with this one. Your suggestion to knit brains was great. Plus they would save money on yarn since their brains are about as big as a pea. Gonna share this one on TCL FB.

2. EBL says:

They are sort of cute. I want one.

The brain knitting was a good idea.

3. Yes, just when I think the left can’t get any more insane.

4. Lori says:

What a waste of perfectly good yarn!

If they don’t want the guvmint interfering with their uteri, quit mistreating them with abortions.

Pretty simple solution that seems to escaped their immense mental powers.

Also, Lori has it pretty spot-on, and Dan’s response is also spot-on.

6. Drew the Infidel says:

Why do these cretins think their sex organs make a delightful metaphorical substitute for real political issues? I can make a shadow map of Florida without using my hands. So what?

7. Paul A'Barge says:

I sent the news reporter who wrote the piece a note saying that I had my knitting needles out and that my slogan for my knitting was “Keep your Uterus out of my Wallet”.

No response yet from the reporter asking to do a piece on my slogan.

I’m shocked, shocked.

8. Kate says:

LOL…what ever happened to that old slogan, “She can bring home the bacon, serve it up in a pan and never let you forget your a man” independent and responsible woman?????? What we have now are women who are more dependent on Big Brother Government than any husband they ever married. They enslave themselves voluntarily for something they should be in charge of themselves so NO ONE can tell them what to do!!! Idiots, idiots with uteri!

9. Monkeyfister says:

Saw ST’s tweet regarding “The Gay Agenda” to nationalize everything brought by Liberal Gays, and not Conservative Gays.

The repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell was 100% a result of Log Cabin Republicans pushing the case to the SCOTUS. The result of that decision will ultimately end with complete repeal of DOMA, as Gay Married Troops seek housing and other Military benefits in the various states.

Log Cabin Republicans.