Liberal religious intolerance watch – Day 3: Philly City Councilman Edition

Posted by: ST on July 27, 2012 at 1:23 pm

The latest liberal exposed for rank hypocrisy when it comes to pledging “religious tolerance”? Philly City Councilman James Kenney:

Philadelphia City Councilman Jim Kenney (D) entered into the Chick-fil-A furor this week with a letter to company president Dan Cathy.

The latest skirmish in the nation’s culture wars began when Cathy told the Baptist Press that the company was “guilty as charged” for backing “the biblical definition of a family.” In a later radio interview, he ratcheted up the rhetoric: “I think we are inviting God’s judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage.’”

Gay rights groups have called for a boycott, the Jim Henson Co. pulled its Muppet toys from kids’ meals, and politicians in Philadelphia, Boston and Chicago told the chain it is not welcome there.

Kenney wrote: “As a fellow American and an elected member of Philadelphia City Council; I am entitled to express my opinion as well. So please — take a hike and take your intolerance with you. There is no place for this type of hate in our great City of Brotherly and Sisterly Affection.”

Here’s the letter Kenney wrote.

And as conservative talk show host Michael Graham wrote in today’s Boston Herald, Boston Mayor Tom Menino has some “religious tolerance” hypocrisy to answer for himself. Big time.

I’m working on getting together a contact list for every hypocritical Democrat politico who has made their bigotry against Bible-believing Christians obvious for the world to see. I’ll share it as soon as I have everything together.

Previous:

7/26/12 - Liberal “religious tolerance” hypocrisy watch – Day 2: The Rahmbo Edition (UPDATED)

7/25/12 - Spitzer: Let’s tolerate gay-hating Islamists, but not traditional marriage backers at @ChickfilA

13 Responses to “Liberal religious intolerance watch – Day 3: Philly City Councilman Edition”

Comments

1. Joseph Brown says:

Wow! He just skewers that “City of brotherly love thing”, doesn’t he?

2. David Minnich says:

I live near Philadelphia and its government is disgusting – about as close to a one-party Politburo as you can get in this country. I plan to organize a “buy Chik-fil-a” day at work.

3. ST says:

I plan to organize a “buy Chik-fil-a” day at work.

Winning!

4. GerryMaine says:

he echoes of the “Chicago Chicken Inquisition” continue!

:d

5. NC Mountain Girl says:

Chicago’s Godfather had perfect timing. The same day he said Chick-fil-A doesn’t reflect Chicago values not only does he embrace Calypso Louie ut two more Chicago politicians get indicted on corruption charges.

@ NC Mountain Girl: Need we ask if they were Republicans or jackasses?

I didn’t think so.

And as far as religious intolerance goes, I have to admit I am intolerant toward a religion that seeks to either kill, enslave or subjugate the entire world, treats women as chattel and little better (if any) than dogs, kills in the name of their pompous god and whines every time anyone brings up these cultural anomalies. I wonder which religion I’m talking about? (To narrow it down, I can tell you it isn’t Christianity, Buddhism or Hinduism.)

7. Sefton says:

Yeah… about that whole brotherly and sisterly affection thing -

“Philly’s Murder Epidemic”

8. Drew the Infidel says:

“For this reason God gave them up to dishonorble passions. Their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error.” Romans 1:26-27
    “Due penalty” = AIDS. But I did not say it; the Bible did. ‘Nuff said.

9. BBHunter says:

- Every action of the Left these days is a fight to keep their base engaged and stay relevant.

- Progress(ive) check:

* Obama campaign in all out panic over “You didn’t build that” gaffe. Campaign complains about “out of context”, so Romneys people run ad with full 3 minutes that looks 10 times worse. – check

* Latest Rasmussen tracking poll: Romney +5 over Obama, a 10 point turn around in less than 2 months. Romney’s trendline is steadily upward, Obama’s steadily down Insiders say Obama has taken his best shots, and with not one positive thing he can point to, and another several months of devestating economic CBO reports to come, whats plan B for “Teh Wonce”?. – check

- So hows that Pravda media agitprop campaign working out for you Barry?

10. The Borg says:

Remember, leftwingwackos are hateful and bigoted. And they will never admit it.

11. Jay Stevens says:

#6: Carlos, Judaism? Or Confucianism? Or perhaps Shintoism?

#11: Keep trying, Jay. Good answers, but ones I would expect from our Groveller-in-Chief when he’s in an Arab country.