#VPDebate PHOTO EXCLUSIVE: Joe Biden & debate prep team pose for picture

Posted by: ST on October 11, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Hehehe ;)

Joe Biden's debate prep team?

Joe Biden’s debate prep team? via @sac148

As I said earlier this week, I am not making any predictions on winners or losers tonight, but you gotta admit it’s not outside the realm of possibility for him to have had Sesame Street characters for his debate team. Too bad Big Bird isn’t in the pic! ;)

Showtime between Biden and Paul Ryan is 9 Eastern Time. You can catch it on C-SPAN if you can’t get to a TV.  I’ll be live tweeting. :)

9 Responses to “#VPDebate PHOTO EXCLUSIVE: Joe Biden & debate prep team pose for picture”

Comments

1. This is well within the realm of possibility of who provided Biden his debate tutorial given the rambling screed in which he is presently knee-deep at the debate.

The “debate” just finished. I forced this terror upon myself, I guess, but Gitmo couldn’t have any torture more onorous!

Mr. Gaff-tastic didn’t seem to wander very far off script, but I’ve seen middle school debaters with more class than that jerk, who couldn’t seem to keep his mouth shut during Ryan’s talking time.

Don’t know that there was really a winner or loser, but in my jaundiced and prejudiced view Mr. Clean, Ryan, came closer to relevance than did Plugs.

3. Great White Rat says:

Can’t argue with either of Carlos’ points. I do know that no one will be saying Ryan won this one as big as Romney did last week.

Ryan was focused and on topic at all times, but he didn’t have the presentation skills Romney had, and remember, judging who wins and loses a debate is (to many people, at least) more a question of style than substance. He came off as a little wonkish, even on the subjects he’s mastered. When it got to foreign policy, he seemed less comfortable, often repeating himself 2 or 3 times in the course of an answer as if he’d run out of substance and was looking to fill his time.

Biden was a rude jackass, as Carlos notes, but that won’t be held against him as much as if the top of the ticket displayed similar boorishness. He was agressive, no doubt. The fact that his blather was nearly fact-free will only hurt if some serious fact-checking in the next few days hits hard.

My gut feeling is that Ryan didn’t punch as hard as he could have. He tried to let the facts speak for themselves, which might not be enough in such a setting. When talking about the economy, I’d have liked to see him fling Biden’s comment about burying the middle class for the last four years back in his face. Biden really didn’t have to go on the defensive all night. That was a huge difference between this debate and the last one. If enough viewers were viscerally turned off by Biden’s antics, Ryan will be judged the winner. If enough morons thought his poor demeanor was somehow ‘cool’, Biden may get a slight edge.

4. EBL says:

Ryan did fine. Biden did okay, but hurt himself with the smirks. I do not see this changing anything from immediately before the debate.

5. Sefton says:

Biden acted like he broke into Obama’s choom stash and lit up a few.

Ryan looked like the adult in the room and I think that’s what most will take from it.

6. Biden’s peasant mannerisms and bar room demeanor were a definite negative as were his ramblings and leaning on unverifiable anecdotal references to things and persons past. Though Martha “Ratsa*s” was tougher than Jim Lehrer in the last debate, she was favoring the commiecrat as did Lehrer. Thankfully, it was the first time the Obhammud regime had to acknowledge a place named Benghazi even exists. To differ with BSDNC, as usual, Ryan came away with a victory, though narrower than Romney’s.

7. Great White Rat says:

Some wisdom from the ages seems applicable here:

“When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, the foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest.”

- Proverbs 29:9

8. Brontefan says:

For some reason, Biden confused aggressiveness with insolence and lack of decorum. I cannot believe how many times he interrupted Ryan and was just overall inappropriate. And that isn’t addressing the FACTS, which are clearly on Ryan’s side. YES, JFK and Reagan lowered taxes and BOTH times it increased revenue. So Biden lied or merely did not know… which would also not surprise me. The arrogance and disrespect coming from this administration–both Biden & 0bama [the 0bamaCare photo op where he met with GOP Senators and proceeded to call them by their given names even though they always referred to him as Mr. President] are clearly without any knowledge of protocol, decorum and appropriate strength. In this case, former President George W. Bush could show or demonstrate how to be effectively STRONG and forceful without being insolent and inappropriate.