“I pledge allegiance to the United States of … President Obama”?

Posted by: ST on August 26, 2013 at 10:42 am

Just catching up on the news from the past couple of days after taking a bit of a break and I see that the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington provided some interesting news for commentary, as expected. Twitchy.com reported over the weekend that at least one of the marchers at the DC event carried a flag not with the stars and stripes but with the stripes and … a photo of Obama (hat tip):

Pressure from offended veterans eventually motivated the Lake County Democratic Party to take down a flag over its headquarters in Florida that featured President Obama’s face in place of the field of stars. That flag resurfaced today at the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington.

Obama flag

No way, no how.
Photo via Buzzfeed’s @bennyjohnson.

I wish I could say I’m surprised at this, but I’m not. This is what happens when people stop looking at a President as a politician who works for us and start viewing him as their idol and god who we should “serve.” Even conservatives who greatly admire President Reagan and who would like nothing more than to see a modern-day version come onto the scene wouldn’t do something like this to the US flag, and if one was ever caught, others would surely come down on them just as people disapproved of this flag the first time around and then again this weekend. Sadly, the person flying it might even be an educator but then again that, too, wouldn’t be surprising, considering the various public school “Obama song”/praise incidents that have been reported on over the last several years. And let’s not forget the NC teacher who came down hard on one student, berating him in class for “disrespecting the President” because the student dared to criticize Obama, even telling him he could be arrested for speaking out against him. And then there was another NC teacher who criticized a student in front of her classmates because her parents supported John McCain for President. How’s that for public school “social studies 101″?

Liberals have gone bat sh*t crazy in this country, and unfortunately that extends even to the classroom. I wish I could say I thought that this past weekend’s celebration of the anniversary of the March on Washington was the only place that flag was being displayed nowadays, but I doubt it. Don’t be surprised if it ends up in the news again in the future as the result of being in a classroom or perhaps on the wall of an NEA lounge somewhere – or even another local Democrat party office, providing us yet again with another “teachable moment” in how some people, including educators, can take support of a politician way too far to the point they’ve lost all objectivity, and all touch with reality.  Pray for our young people.

Phineas Butts In: ST and I think alike, so one of us must be in trouble. ;) I have my own thoughts on the return of the Obama flag here.

13 Responses to ““I pledge allegiance to the United States of … President Obama”?”

Comments

1. Jesse Garrett says:

This is so sad. It’s Jim Jones on steroids.

Shades of all the pics and flags showing Chairman Mao or Uncle Joe in China and Russia, respectively.

Cult worship at its finest…brought to you by those who would control everything in your life, including what and when you eat, when you sleep, and what profession you are most suited for.

And God forbid one should be able to choose the size of family one wants.

3. See Easter Island for what becomes of societies gripped by idol worship.

4. Tex says:

This is just sick and un-American! Take that flag and shove it up Obama’s groupies’ @$$e$!!!!

5. ALman says:

Considering Obama and his administration, the flag is symbolically correct. Obama = Federal Government. Obama’s picture displaces the stars which represent the states. While obviously not intended, its imagery demonstrates what Obama is about!

6. Drew the Infidel says:

Obhammud does not need me or anyone else to worship him. He does a pretty good job of that himself.

“The ‘golden-calf of Self-love.’”–Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

7. H Hazell says:

As I’ve written elsewhere, that flag should be “naturally yellowed” by those who served to defend the real one.

8. Debbie Parker says:

This makes me nauseated! It is a disgrace to America.

The phrase that comes to mind is “it it an obamanation.”

Every day we learn more about just how sick and twisted his worshippers are. We already know he and his gang of thugs is as sick and twisted as can be.

10. TomTB says:

We all KNOW that there is no such thing as Santa Claus, yet WHY do these DOPES keep voting for him/her????

11. ST says:

Tom wrote:

Is this rhetorical? ;)

12. TomTB says:

ST, we have hit the tipping point. I only have one of each; older brother, younger sister. Both of them voted for Barry Soetoro Barack Hussein Obama against my advice, but they got smart the second time. There is still HOPE and CHANGE, and once the suckers know they can’t afford to spend August in Martha’s Vineyard, the illusion fades like a bad reaction to a liqueur headache the next morning.