I swear, just when you think commodian Bill Maher couldn’t get any more despicable, he proves you wrong. Take a look at the below clip and then speculate in the comments as to how the left will try and spin this, too, as “supporting the troops”:
Forget about bringing the troops home from Iraq. We need to get the troops home from World War II. Can anybody tell me why, in 2009, we still have more than 50,000 troops in Germany and 30,000 in Japan? At some point, these people are going to have to learn to rape themselves. [boos] I’ll ignore that.
(transcript and vid via Ed Morrissey)
If you’d like to express your disgust with Maher, the contact info for HBO is below (courtesy of an HA commenter):
You may contact HBO’s Consumer Affairs Department at 212-512-1208 Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM Eastern Time. You can also write to us using [this link].
I’ve documented a few of Maher’s lower than low moments before, but I think this one takes the cake.
- 2/11/08 – Bill Maher: “Why couldn’t, uh, why couldn’t have [Rush] croaked from [drugs] instead of Heath Ledger?”
- 5/13/05 – “The Army missed its recruiting goal by 42% last month. More people joined the Michael Jackson Fan Club. “We’ve done picked all the low-lying Lynndie England fruit.” And now we need warm bodies.”
- 9/25/05 – Bill Maher insinuates that President Bush is a drunk who is beating Laura Bush
- 10/31/06 – Bill Maher mocks Steve Irwin’s death via a stingray barb costume
- 3/3/07 – Bill Maher Sorry the Assassination Attempt on Dick Cheney Failed