Ian at the Political Teen has the video with transcript:
MAYOR RAY NAGIN: Do you know anything about chocolate?
REPORTER: I’m asking you.
NAGIN: I’m asking you
NAGIN: Do you know anything chocolate? How do you make chocolate? You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. That’s the chocolate I’m talking about.
There was a simpler way of expressing this, Mr. Nagin, ya know. Then again, Nagin has never been one to use his noggin, if his handling of the Hurricane Katrina fiasco is any indication.
Sidenote: Props go out to those quoted in the media as being outraged by the mayor’s less than sensible remarks. Glad to see some out there unafraid to openly criticize him, but it’d be nice to see the Reverends Jackson and Sharpton weigh in on this and maybe show some consistency on the issue of race for once.
Hat tip: Ace
Related Toldjah So posts:
- N.O. Mayor Ray Nagin wants a “chocolate” New Orleans
- On group think and how it threatens our freedoms
- Black Democrats in MD make candid admission
- Former NCSU visiting prof calls for extermination of white people
- Race-baiting Democrats and the media’s complicity
- State rep gets more coverage than Rangel
- “We’ve gone from fire hoses to levees.”
- More nonsense from Charlie Rangel
- Media pushes “white guilt” angle
- Exploiting the Katrina tragedy
- The race card is officially on the table