“Duh” headline of the day, and other misc news and links (MONDAY OPEN THREAD)

Posted by: ST on October 23, 2006 at 9:52 am

This one comes from Reuters:

Bush faces political nightmare if Democrats win

Well, um, gosh – that one was hard to figure out, wasn’t it?

—-

James Joyner and Bryan at Hot Air have the details on the Nutroots plan to do some Google-bombing of the election. What does that mean? From the link to the far left MyDD site, where the following is cross-posted from the Nutrootian Daily Kos blog:

What
The utilization of Google Adwords and simultaneous, widespread embedded hyperlinks in order to drive as many voters as possible toward the most damning, non-partisan article written on the Republican candidate in seventy key US Senate and House races. The campaign will run from Tuesday, October 24th until Tuesday, November 7th.

Why
According to the Pew Internet and American Life Project, the number one way that voters use the Internet for political action is to search for information on candidates. During the final two weeks of the election, it is reasonable to expect that as many as twenty million voters will be searching for information on candidates online. During this key time, this project will help push the most negative article written by a non-partisan media source on all key Republican candidates to the forefront of any search for that candidate. The negative article will appear both high on all Google searches for the candidates, and as an advertisement that appears whenever anyone searches for that candidate. By giving this article two prominent locations on Google searches for the candidate, and because it will come from a non-partisan source, it will increase the likelihood that the article will be seen and trusted by those searching for information on the candidate.

What deep thinkers! Isn’t that just so grownup and mature of the Nutroots to do? Almost as much as Photoshopping a picture of Joe Lieberman in blackface, or a call to “take to the streets” if they don’t win the elections this year. What WILL they think of next? I shudder to think …

—-

It’s starting: ABCNews is reporting that electionic voting machines could ‘skew’ the elections – we need to know this, of course, in case Republicans retain control of Congress. If they don’t, then we’ll hear stories about how ‘smoothly’ elections ran across the country.

—-

Check out this photo of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi. I wonder: is it Photoshopped?

—-

The MSM is continuing in their attempts to drive a wedge between the President and his father over disagreements they have on the President’s Iraq war policies. Apparently some MSMrs don’t understand that family members can have disagreements on things and still love each other.

—-

Dr. Sanity has more on Yvonne Ridley, the delusional western convert to Islam I wrote about yesterday.

—-

Want to ask the fantastic Mark Steyn a question? Hot Air will be interviewing him this week and they are asking you to submit questions you’d like them to ask him.

—-

Detroit squashed an attempted Cardinals comeback in the 9th inning to tie up the World Series at 1 game each. Some excellent pitching by Kenny Rogers (not the singer) last night. But what was that substance on his pitching hand in the first couple of innings? Game 3 is in St. Louis Wednesday night.

• Don Singleton trackbacked with Desperate Dems try Google Bombing
  • The Real Ugly American.com trackbacked with A clever election tactic or cheating?
  • Wake up America trackbacked with Good News From Iraq Part #1
  • 20 Responses to ““Duh” headline of the day, and other misc news and links (MONDAY OPEN THREAD)”

Comments

1. Baklava says:

I’ll call the Google bombing of 70 candidates to alter Google results fascism also. These people seem to have no conscience.

2. Baklava says:

A few different point of view on Iraq:

Robert Kaplan

Victor Davis Hanson

Tim Hames

3. biwah says:

You must not have read the article. It contains a number of hair-raising facts. Like this:

Princeton University researchers using an Accuvote TS — a touch screen version of the Diebold machine — showed how easy it would be to deploy a virus that would, in seconds, flip the vote of any election.

…without a trace, by the way.

How did they show this? They literally hacked Diebold machines. If there’s any paranoia, it is probably from the fact that there was a hardly a stir in response to this remarkable experiment.

4. Drewsmom says:

Yeah, muslim men have much respect for the women, make em wear the hot ass robes and veils, torture and kill em for antiqated reasons, multilations done to women, yeah, I wish I was a muslim chick.
      And if I have to hear on more comment on how easy it is to rig a Dibold voting machine I think I may hurl … enough already, yall demanded this shit after the last election, what the hell do you want.
      Here in Ala. in vote on paper, draw the line to the candidate and then the machine sucks the ballot in, why the hell can’t it all be done alike so they can shut the hell up.

5. biwah says:

I don’t know drewsmom, I never had a hard time drawing the line with the black marker, and I’m not the sharpest crayon in the box myself. What was wrong with that?

I have a feeling it wasn’t a desire to save the trees that drove the change.

6. - Man is this ever going to be a “dirty politics” for the ages. With the reports coming out of the media that Hillery’s opponent made comments about her “millions of dollars of plastic surgery and makeovers”, and statements they claimed in a campaign piece that he said “I don’t know how Bill could have married her back then. She was so Ugly that just Wheeeewwww”. He of course denies he ever said anything like that.

- Now what I’m wondering is, behind as he is by at least 25 points, its highly doubtful this sort of thing would do him any good. so the question is, if it’s not him are we starting to see some Left underground torpedoing of the Clintonista’s early on?

- Personal appearence has historically been off the table in campaigns. Wonder if that will hold in a Condi/Hillery runoff. Anyone wanna bet. *chuckle*

- Bang **==

7. biwah says:

uh, it was him. John Spencer made the comments. A little research goes a long way pal.

8. - well “pal”…He was just on FOX adimently denying ever saying any such thing. the reporter went down the list, statement by statement, and he denies it noncategorically. He said the only mention he ever made that he can recall was to compliment her on how well her staff makes her look, which he said was distorted, and that evrything else is an outright lie.

- A little more research goes even further before you shoot off your mouth “pal”.

- Bang **==

9. biwah says:

I guess the Daily News lied then. They sure didn’t seem like they misheard Spencer when they described their “wide-ranging chat” with Spencer in today’s edition.

Spencer spoke a little too freely and backtracked on a friendly news outlet, or liberal saboteurs are making stuff up to sabotage the clintons (how this hurts the clintons I’m not sure, explain that please)? You be the judge.

Let’s not fight. Just admit he said it okay?

10. - Well see the problem is I’m not like the SecProgs biwah. I don’t have they’re clairvoyance, or mind reading talents, so I can’t admit to something I wasn’t there to observe. Thats your sides specialty.

- All it takes is for the Libturd media to make some claim and, like a gaggle of lemmings, you rush out breathlessly to repeat it as often as you can. I don’t honestly know what he said. He claims its a distortion of a few things he did say complimenting her. Could he have said it. Of course. Can I admit it. No. I’m not a Liberal, I don’t do rumor.

- Concerning the “reasons” for the susspicions about the Dem infighting, there’s a lot of strange things going on, with un-obvious reasons, such as Harmans supposed problems with the FBI and State dpeartment, as well as the ethics committee, that seem to stem from the left side of the aisle, rather than the GOP.

- After the shameful treatment of Lieberman, simply because the man differs on a few points with his party, I opersonally wouldn’t put anything past the “absolutist ideologs” on the far left.

- One thing is sure. It promise’s to be a very interesting election season, both now and leading up to ’08. There’s so many agenda’s/groups/cults fighting for gravitas, anything is possible.

- Bang **==

11. NC Cop says:

So, first it was “hanging chads” and the paper ballot had to be done away with. Last time I checked, it wasn’t the Republicans who were crying about rigged elections. So who wanted the change to electronic voting machines? I seem to recall many of the democratic regions screaming for electronic voting after the tragic hanging chad incidents. Now, they say the electronic voting machines are rigged. So what’s the answer?

12. Great White Rat says:

NC,

Well, obviously, liberals know so much more than the common herd who show up to vote, right? So the answer, of course, is to dispense with elections. Just go to a friendly local judge – most any one appointed by Carter or Clinton will do – and have him declare the lib candidate the winner.

Since they’re already ‘lawyering up’ to steal any election they can, that’s not too far a stretch from the truth… :-?

13. - Watching the SecProg minority fight as hard as they can against voter ID, a simple zero cost way to identify yourself as a legal US citizen, with the legal right to vote, tells you everything you need to know about the NeoLiberal cult.

- Bang **==

14. Baklava says:

ST,

If you have time. Can you cover Prop 87 in CA? Bill Clinton himself is in a commercial supporting the hire taxes on OIL COMPANIES doing business in CA.

This proposition will hurt consumers, fire fighters (who need gas to operate), products of all kinds and drive the supply of oil towards out of state companies and refineries. It will work towards shrinking the revenue stream into CA’s government.

Anyways, I respect your subject selection material trememdously. Just thought I’d try!! :d

15. Baklava says:

A bunch of CHARTS PRE and POST tax cuts. Stark reminders of why we need to vote for Republicans.

16. CZ says:

Each election I just want to see lefty butt kicked more than ever. Just so I can watch the radical extreme leftist circus midget media reactions. Call it “Schadenfreude” or whatever. It’ just great entertainment to me. Bring it on!

(fingers crossed);)