“24” is a manly man show …

Posted by: ST on January 17, 2007 at 3:27 pm

… which must be the real reason Keith Olbermann doesn’t like it.

Johnny Dollar’s commentary on KO’s reaction to “24” is priceless:

The next enemy in Monkeymann’s sights was the eeevil tv show, “24”. It must be eeevil, it’s eating into the meager Hour of Spin ratings. He contrasted the reception the show gets to the reaction to Al Gore’s movie. Attention Krazy Keith: Gore’s film is supposed to be a documentary. “24” is fiction. It’s not real. You know, like Sponge Bob. You should say to yourself it’s just a show, you should really just relax.

Olby’s intro talked about using fear to scare people to vote the way they want (yeah, that Kiefer Sutherland is on Karl Rove’s payroll), and KO took special note of the mushroom cloud, citing it as the administration’s “imagery” for the Iraq War.

All right, stop the tivo! Is Keith really this much of a nitwit, or is he dishonestly pretending this is something new? America was attacked by nukes on tv decades ago in The Day After. How about the recent movie The Sum of All Fears? More to the point, just last season a series ran called Jericho. On this program, multiple US cities were hit with terrorist nuclear attacks. You can see an image from this show to the right. Where was Citizen Keith with his moral outrage? How many times did he condemn this on The Hour of Spin? Here’s a hint: Never! Of course, Jericho was on CBS. Could that be why the discredited sports guy ignored it, but is now blasting a show on Fox that affected his ratings? Ya think?

LOL.

I really don’t know how J$ manages to sit through watching KO’s show every night.

Forget the wimpy attitude. Let’s hear it for manly men (scroll)!

6 Responses to ““24” is a manly man show …”

Comments

1. Severian says:

Well Olby, I bet Jack Bauer never had a woman go online with complaints about his prowess…=))

2. Chuck says:

Keith is insane. I was a little dismayed to find out that Spongebob is not real.:o

3. Steve Skubinna says:

Nah Chuck, Spongebob is real.

It’s Olbermann who’s a fictional character.

4. Carl says:

I really don’t know. I tried watching Olbermann’s show for a week and couldn’t make it the entire way. His vitriol, falsehoods, non sequiturs and constant ad hominem occurred way too often to take Olbermann seriously. Reminds me of a 21st Century Morton Downey, Jr. with a liberal extemist bent. Maybe J$ can get through it because he may have a slight self-sadistic nature? Why else would someone put themselves through that much torture?

5. Marshall Art says:

“Is Keith really this much of a nitwit…”

Anybody wanna take this one?

6. G Monster says:

IMHO: KO is a delusional moron. If 24 was eating into my ratings, I certainly wouldn’t give it extra publicity.

KO comes unglued on his show on a daily basis. I think a large portion of his audience is left wing and actually believes what he says as gospel, but I also think a large portion of his audience watches him purely for entertainment value.

Meaning they watch because they find it funny that MSNBC would put such a nut on the air. Although I never watch his show, I am guilty of going to his website for a good laugh now and then.

But the real joke is on MSNBC. By having KO as one of thier top commentators, it calls into question the credibility of thier whole staff.

Although Chris Mathews never had any credibility, I’m sure there are other people on thier network that would like to be taken seriously.