(AP) Fox News and a black political group say they will not hold a Sept. 23 Democratic presidential debate in Detroit, which the leading candidates already were planning to skip.
A new date had not yet been set, Fox News spokesman Michael Murphy said Thursday.
The campaigns of U.S. Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama and former Sen. John Edwards had said they would not participate in the debate. Opponents have criticized Fox as biased against Democrats.
The debate, co-sponsored by the Congressional Black Caucus Political Education and Leadership Institute, was to have been held at the Fox Theatre.
The Nutroots whined and cackled about Republican heavyweights (such as Mitt Romney) not wanting to participate in taking silly questions from snowmen at a CNN/YouTube “debate” (which is back on, BTW) like the Dems did last month, but they themselves can’t stomach the possiblity that they might actually be asked tough questions at a real debate from a major news network that isn’t liberal-friendly like the rest of them. I mean, God forbid they step out of their comfort zone.
Via Jason Steck.