Quote of the day, from a recent convert to the Cult of Obama

Posted by: ST on February 13, 2008 at 9:41 am

Re: Barack Obama’s speech last night, Hardball’s Chris Matthews had this to gush:

I have to tell you, you know, it’s part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama’s speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don’t have that too often. No, seriously. It’s a dramatic event. He speaks about America in a way that has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with the feeling we have about our country. And that is an objective assessment.

How soon will it be before he faints?

Thank goodness that we can still count on the “objective assessments” of Bob Owens and Captain Ed on the subject of the Illinois ‘messiah’ ;)

And in all seriousness, the better quote from yesterday re: Obamamania comes from John Derbyshire, who asked:

What are we electing here, a faith healer?

Amy Proctor made a pretty convincing case a few days ago that yes, indeed, in the eyes of the O-faithful, they are electing a “faith healer” of sorts.

Bonus coverage: What is Barack Obama’s idea of a “patriotic” corporation? Bryan at Hot Air explains.

Related reading: There’s an emerging discussion in the leftosphere about whether Senator Obama is ‘sufficiently bloodthirsty’ enough to take on America’s enemies abroad. And the WSJ asserts that Obama’s votes on wiretaps tells us quite a bit about the Senator’s national security creds – or, more to the point, lack thereof.

34 Responses to “Quote of the day, from a recent convert to the Cult of Obama”

Comments

I felt this thrill going up my leg.

Dude, that’s your dog humping you. =))

Seriously tho. It won’t be long with asskissers like Matthews, before the electorate grows weary of BO. The more these idiots pander to the cult of personality, the more people are going to take a second look. Like all the drooling and head bobbing when Bill Clinton was around. That grew old pretty fast for some of us. On Saturday night I was at a poker game and one of the guys brought up BO. I asked him straight out how this guy isn’t just another empty suit for the Dem party. He blah blah blah’d about how BO was different, but yet couldn’t tell me how. Just as soon as he is the nominee, and the harsh spotlight is on him, I am pretty sure BO will begin to wilt like a plucked dandelion.

The more I look at this race the more I am beginning to believe that it is the battle of the lesser of 2 evils, and I am fairly certain that our guy is less evil than their’s. – Lorica

2. Childre says:

We haven’t thanked Obama enough for everything he’s done for America!!! All the cuacuses are for him and so are the major corporations!!!!!!!!:dl-)

3. T-Steel says:

Then I guess Senator McCain is a shoe-in for POTUS. Because Senator Obama will just wilt. Interesting to see if the McCain campaign feels that way. I think not. Empty suits are just that… EMPTY. Shills. Lumps. Bland. Senator Obama is far from that and you know it.

You’ll see. The McCain campaign will launch broadside after broadside at the “empty suit”. Why? Because they face another battleship.

4. T-Steel says:

And Chris Matthews is disgusting. Plain and simple.

Senator Obama is far from that and you know it.

BO is nothing more than a party man. I have yet to hear an original thought out of him. Yippie Skippy he isn’t a Clinton suck up like so many others are in the Dem party. If that is all you have that he is his own person, you are going to need serious help this fall. In 6 months BO is going to feel the same voter apathy that Hillary is feeling now. I am fully aware of BO, and I am just not impressed. – Lorica

6. T-Steel says:

I honestly feel Senator Obama will evolve come the general election. And he is a Democrat so of course he’ll go along with many Democrat “things”. McCain has done the same. And both are their own man.

I am fully aware of BO, and I am just not impressed.

Fair enough.

7. T-Steel says:

But I do resent being associated with cultists on being a Senator Obama supporter. I could say the same about sports fans. But I won’t since I’m a huge Detroit Piston and Detroit Red Wing fan. :d

8. Welcome to the blog, T-Steel – I’ll have to check out your posts at TMV on the O-man to determine whether or not you are a cultist (just kidding!) ;)

Who associated you with being a cultist??? Not me, I am not trying to tell you what you think, I am only telling you what I think. If you feel as if I am attacking you, that is within you, I have not in any way.

As far as McCain, if you have read this blog for long, you would know that he is not my candidate, and I think he has some very high negatives. One, his constant hope that he won’t be used as a left wing liberal pawn, which has been a constant in the last 10 years of his political career. Also, it is far to late for me to have any trust of McCain. I don’t believe he is a conservative, and if he wins the presidency, I am certain he will be as leftist as any true Republican could go and still maintain his/hers standing in the party. – Lorica

10. I am new to the blog – may I ask, who do you support?

While I am not a member of a cult, I am avid supporter of Senator Barack Obama.

I look forward to – respectfully – disagreeing with you :)

11. T-Steel says:

Should have been more clear Lorica. I wasn’t saying that you called me a “cultists”. But it was implied by the talented Sister Toldjah (but she’s going to give me some room to show that I’m an un-cultist). ;)

12. Hi Ruth – The candidate I wanted to see go far is out of the race (Rep. Duncan Hunter), but I am on board with supporting McCain’s candidacy.

13. Baklava says:

Ruth,

Are you in favor of Obama’s energy plan? Do you know what his energy plan is? What do you think the result of said energy plan would be?

14. Great White Rat says:

I look forward to – respectfully – disagreeing with you

Excellent, Ruth. Let’s get started then. :)

* We’ve seen a number video clips of Q & A sessions with Democrat focus groups. The one question no one ever seems to be able to answer is “Name one accomplishment of Barack Obama.” It’s your turn. And being black and having charisma are not accomplishments.

* Obama was recently cited by a non-partisan group as the most liberal member of the Senate. Yet, despite an unrelentingly partisan and dogmatically strict voting record, he claims to be a “unifier”. Can you explain how someone with a voting record on the farthest left-wing fringes of even his own party can reach compromises with traditional liberals, centrists, and conservatives to solve America’s problems? And would you think the same of someone with the most conservative voting record in Congress? If not, why?

* Obama’s been attracting the support of a boatload of really unsavory types…start with the MoveOn.org gang and now add the admirers of mass murderer Che Guevara. The Senator has not repudiated any of their support, positions, or contributions. Why is that?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

15. PCD says:

Ruth,

Do you support the prominently displaying a Cuban flag with the killer, Che Guevara’s, picture on it in Obama campaign offices?

Can you name ONE accomplishment of Obama? Speeches and the color of his skin do not count.

16. PCD says:

Ruth,

Che Flag and Obama’s disrespect for the US

Care to look at these and try to explain them away?

17. Jay In Md. says:

Has no problem with the Cuban Flag but had an attitude when he was asked why he won’t wear a US Flag lapel pin.

He doesn’t want to offend “others”. What others? Osama Bin Laden? He’s going to be Commnader in Chief, will send our young into battle (make no mistake – HE WILL), some of those young people will come home in a coffin draped with that flag, but oh, no, Obama can’t wear the pin because of “what others might think it represents”.

We pledge alligiance to the flag but I guess “Che” Obama doesn’t.

18. Baklava says:

According to Motor Trend magazine Barack Obama drives a Chrysler 300.

Depending on the engine choices it would get:
    Base model 18-26 MPG
    Highest End model 13 – 18 MPG

I’m guessing he’s not driving the base model.

His car of choice gets at the base model gets the same MPG as my minivan. Is he part of the problem or solution to CO2 emissions?

The Energy Bill Pres Bush signed sets CAFE standards at 35 MPG for cars in 12 years.

For perspective, the Toyota Yaris is a 2300 lb vehicle with a 1.5 liter engine that gets between 29 and 35 MPG.

Fuel usage by autos is only 14% of CO2 emissions in this country. Every product you buy required CO2 emissions to manufacture and ship. If you bought food, music, hollywood’s products, something at the home improvement store, etc there was CO2 produced.

We can live like 3rd worlder’s and do nothing all day but eat and live in mud huts or not feel guilty that we are prosperous and allow for the companies who are vested in giving us energy continue to pour research and development dollars into alternative energy sources (because they are).

Do we think that the government will find and develop these resources better? No. Obama’s energy plan will hurt the economy, drive prices up, and give us less prosperity.

This is the same with Hillary Clinton’s plans. She has the same big government approach to energy.

19. Jean says:

Yes he can, Yes he can and Yes he will

20. Great White Rat says:

Yes he can, Yes he can and Yes he will

Now that’s really long on substance.

Care to give any specifics, Jean? Or are you just mindlessly chanting the mantra of a cult?

Those like Jean who run on nothing but pure emotion have no idea what awaits them should he actually win and have to confront the real world, where problems can’t be solved by whipping yourself up into a frothing high and repeating a trite phrase over and over until you pass out.

21. Tom TB says:

Hey, all you Obamamaniacs; please tell this non-brainwashed American Citizen anything your Lord-Saviour has ever accomplished? We are all born in our skin, in circumstances that we have no control over, in places that we don’t choose. Now what can you tell me about this guy that recommends him to the top job in the United States?

22. NC Cop says:

You guys don’t really expect an answer do you? B.O., or his supporters for that matter, cannot be bothered with questions about his stance on issues, or his voting record, or what his plans are once he’s in office. How dare you!!

Just smile and sway back and forth and say “Yes he can!” and be on your way!

In all seriousness, this cult like fascination with Obama is getting very scary.

23. Jay In Md. says:

You can ask what has Hillary ever accomplished or BO all day long and will never get an answer.

It’s all smoke and mirrors for both of them, and of course the cult following for both as well.

24. PCD says:

NC Cop, this Obamies (Think Moonies) worry me. This is a religious cult, not reality that they live.

Bak, my 97 T-Bird has a 3.8L engine, gets 20 MPG city and up to 30 MPH on the highway with 4 adults and a trunk full of luggage. Can any of the eco cars do that, and do that being 11 years old with 130K on the clock?

25. Great White Rat says:

PCD, if your T-Bird can’t do better than 30 MPH on the highway, it’s time to look for a new vehicle. Even a Prius will pass you…especially if Goracle Jr. is driving. :))

My 1999 300M gets 20MPG in the city and 29MPG highway and with a tail wind I get 31MPG. I have a 3.5L V6 with 117K miles on it. Most people don’t realize that they need to use Fuel Injection cleaner at least once a year. I get 5 oil changes a year and at least 4 of them I use FI cleaner. My car still accelerates like a bat outta hell. Out of all the cars I have owned, 10 so far in my life, this is one of my favs. 2 of the best V6s ever made is the Chrysler 3.5DOHC and the Ford 3.8V6. GM in the 80s got rid of their best V6. The Chevy made 3.8V6 229CID. They replaced it with the pos Buick made 3.8V6 231, and now GM wonders why their car sales are tanking. Surprise. Built in obsolescense is an idiotic concept. – Lorica

27. PCD says:

Lorica, the Ford 3.8L and the Buick 3.8L are basicly the same design, except Ford used aluminum heads to the Buick’s iron heads. That is why the early Ford 3.8s had head gasket problems.

I always liked the Buick 3.8, especially when properly turbocharged.

GM’s problem is that they try to tell the public what they want instead of listening to the public.

lol :) Ok PCD. Basically all V6s are the same. It’s a V with 3 cylinders on each side. lol :) I had 2 of those Buick V6s when I worked for the GM dealership. I will never buy another one. – Lorica

29. Murray says:

I do not trust him. Anyone who does not salute (or put their hand over their heart) during the pledge should never be elected into public office much less Commander In Cheif of our armed forces. Sorry, but this seems like a pretty basic minimum requirement.

This also does not take into account his heavy marxist leanings — read his first book before you comment!!!! And what about the primary goal of the church he supports?

But if you are looking for something positive about BO — he has the better smile of the three. So while I am totally against BO, the worst of the three, I can still find something positive to say about him.

THINK!

30. TedintheShed says:

I am new to the blog – may I ask, who do you support?

I support none of the three people who likely will be running for the Presidency: Clinton, McCain or Oboma.

They are all three flaming socialist and are the greatest threat that this nation is facing at the moment.

However, if Hillary Clinton gets the Democrats nod, I will vote for her as I believe that she can do the most amount of damage to ther American citizen’s wallet in the four year term she would be in offfice.

Otherwise, I will sit out and not vote.

31. MKS says:

The Main-Stream Media (MSM) may well have set up Senator McCain. Up until this point, he has been portrayed as the Maverick, the Hero, and the Straight Talker. When it comes to the general election, however, I think the MSM will try to pull their rug out from under him. The January maverick will probably be portrayed as a grouchy old man before October. I do not like McCain-Feingold, McCain-Kennedy, or the Group of 14 activities, but if nominated, I plan to support Sen. McCain and vote for him. The notion that four years of Clinton or Obama will be so odious that the U.S. will swing back to a much purer conservatism is just wishful thinking – the MSM will paint those years as Camelot II, with Ms. Streisand singing “Happy Days Are Here Again” again. Although I do not think of myself as much of a party loyalist, there are too many Supreme Court Justice nominations soon coming for me to not do all that I can for whoever gets the Republican nomination.

32. Steve says:

This is the song that Obama reminds me of.

LINK

Barack Obama, Superstar.

Who are you, what kind of change are you are talking about?

Barack Obama, Superstar,

Who are you, what kind of change are you are talking about?

Barack Obama, Superstar

Who are you, what kind of change are you talking about?

Adoph Hitler could really rally those masses, and Olde Joe Stalin could make them walk barefoot through broken glasses, And Ho Chin Minn, he could bring the crowd in, and that Po Pot he know how his words could make them hot…

Now do you believe?

Now Marshall Applewhite made them think that they were going to go to Heaven on a comet, and David Koresh he sent his faithful on a path to Armageddon. And of course we all know about olde Jim Jones. His people did what he told em and that Kool-aid got overflowin…

Now do you believe? (the mesmerized crowd shouts back Yes we Believe) Now do you believe?(louder) Yes, we believe! Hallelujah now get that sister some water (the front row of women then faints).

Barack Obama, Superstar,

Who are you, what kind of change are you are talking about?

Barack Obama, Superstar

Who are you, what kind of change are you talking about?

Now do you see yourself as as Che’s Second comin… Or maybe you set yourself up on a path even higher. Perhaps you do see yourself as the new Messiah, start a new religion with you as its idol.

Do you believe?

Cults of personalities well they very rarely end well and with yours it could set the earth a trembling… For when you come unglued as all cult leaders in the end do, you could push that nuclear button and set the earth afire..

Barack Obama, Superstar,

Who are you, what kind of change are you are talking about?

Barack Obama, Superstar!

Who are you, what kind of change are you talking about?

Barack Obama, Superstar!