Chavez to useful idiot Sean Penn: Thanks for defending me, amigo!

Posted by: ST on March 11, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Because no deed, “good” or “bad”, goes unnoticed by Ooogo:

Sean Penn and Hugo Chavez“Every day, this elected leader is called a dictator here, and we just accept it, and accept it. And this is mainstream media. There should be a bar by which one goes to prison for these kinds of lies.”

Penn, who has visited Chávez in Caracas, said Venezuela’s poor majority had willingly embraced his leftist revolution, but that this view was concealed from Americans.

“We are hypnotised by the media. Who do you know here who’s gone through 14 of the most transparent elections on the globe, and has been elected democratically, as Hugo Chávez?”

Penn, speaking on Bill Maher’s HBO chatshow, is part of a small but vocal pro-Chávez Hollywood group which includes Oliver Stone and Danny Glover.

They have remained steadfast even as Venezuela’s leader has lost fans at home and abroad. Inflation, crime and water and electricity shortages have hit his popularity and led to defections from his socialist party.

The Organisation of American States recently accused Chávez of intolerance and authoritarianism, and a Spanish judge accused Venezuela of cosseting Farc and Eta terrorists, sparking a diplomatic spat with Madrid.

Chávez thanked Penn for his support in what he said was a daily battle for public opinion.

“I was reading the declarations from our friend Sean Penn, the famous American actor,” he told a televised rally in Caracas. “Penn defended what he considers to be the truth.”

The Hollywood star was an ally in the effort to counter a campaign to “confuse” Venezuelans, said the president, who has been in power for 11 years. “From here I thank you very much.”

This isn’t exactly a shock, considering that this Hollyweirdo, a longtime pal of Chavez’s, was officially endorsed by the Venzuelan dictator back in 2007. I guess you could could say that they are Penn pals of sorts. Still, it’s one more thing Penn can add to his “activist” resume, a resume that impresses no one outside of fellow Socialist-loving Hollywood “activists” like Oliver Stone, Danny Glover, Harry Belafonte, as well as elitists like Princeton University’s Cornel West, the Congressional Black Caucus, and maybe even President Obama himself.

I was thinking tonight after re-reading Penn’s remarks, in which he not only called for critics of Chavez to be jailed but also stated, “Do I hope that those people die screaming of rectal cancer? Yeah. You know, but I’m not going to spend a lot of energy on it”, where was he when his pal Chavez was calling the “democratically elected” President of the United Staes a “el diablo” in a much-publicized speech at the UN? Oh, that’s right – he probably thought Bush “stole” the election like just about everyone else on the left did, and still does for that matter, so I guess it was ok, then, to be a world-class jerk. 8-|

Useful idiot

Sean Penn aka Jeff Spicoli

Think we could convince him to sail that same boat down to Venezuela for his next trip? No? Oh well.

18 Responses to “Chavez to useful idiot Sean Penn: Thanks for defending me, amigo!”

Comments

1. Randy Haddock says:

And rest assured Penn would NEVER live in Venezuela. He has it too good here in good ol’ capitalist America.

2. Paul says:

Penn is a fine actor, but he is a bully and a loudmouth in my opinion.

3. NC Cop says:

I actually just watched a Sean Penn movie last night. It was the movie that he hit his pinnacle of his career.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
    Forgive me, if I dont take the word of Spicoli in reference to the real world.

This guys is an absolute idiot. Back in the day, Hollywood used to support their country, now they cozy up to dictators and thugs.

Dark days.

4. Dalix says:

Pathetic. I never hear him talk about other problems in the world. To me, it means he’s on the payroll.

These people always justify thugs who think they have to be in power for life. Castro is so afraid that one day everyone will know the truth about life in Cuba (unequivocably, seeing an open Cuba with their own eyes.

5. Kate says:

Isn’t it ironic how Penn blames the media for lying about Chavez being a dictator? It reminds me of the Kennedy meltdown the other day…where’s the press.

The same people who use the media for shameless self promotion are angry at them now….why? Because they are not liberal enough! So therefore, they need to be punished. So much for free speech!

6. bill glass says:

Marxist MFers are dangerous – People need to wake up!

There should be a bar by which one goes to prison for these kinds of lies.”

The defenders of Stalin said things like this too. The left will never learn. Hugo is a bully and a thug dictator, this is probably why Penn likes him so much, birds of a feather sorta thing. – Lorica

8. jade says:

Hey penn go live with Hugo you anti american moron..boycott this unamerican dictator lover’s movies. This guy is soo far from the truth he needs to get out of america.

9. jade says:

Give all yopur money to hugo sean and live in venzula..You can make movies with higo about how to silence your people and live under a DICTATOR!!!Jail me you moron..what an a–h—

10. jade says:

how about america Penn you got alot of money from us but I dont see you helping any…Give up your millions and go live with hugo….see how much you can earn in that country…look at the people it says it alll they are afraid of this jerk and you just feed his ego..your a useful idiot.

11. Tex says:

I wonder if Hugo and Sean are “tickling” one another just as our old buddy Eric Massa likes to “tickle” his young, unmarried, male staff members.

12. Kath says:

Are you kidding me? Sean Penn should be BOYCOTTED. What a stupid, stupid man!

13. nina says:

Penn is what marxists call a useful idiot .They are also the first ones the communist kill once they reach full control.:d

14. Paul says:

Marxism never went away even when the Berlin Wall came down and glastnost made us get that warm, fuzzy feeling. It slithers around in the depths.

15. Tarheeltalker says:

And in the glorious world of Hugo, why is the murder rate so astronomically high? Probably, Bush’s fault, huh?

16. FrankNitti says:

put me down as one that will never watch another of his films.