VIDEO: Should some people not vote?

Posted by: ST on October 16, 2008 at 7:10 pm

I think many of you will agree with me that the answer is a resounding “no, they shouldn’t” once you watch this video:

Reminds me of what we read and heard coming from Obama supporters earlier this week.

*slams head against wall*

(Hat tip: Multiple ST readers via HA)

Prior/Related:

12 Responses to “VIDEO: Should some people not vote?”

Comments

1. NC Cop says:

You’ve gotta be kidding me!

:o

2. I have great faith in liberal democracy and the aggregate wisdom of the American people, but I’m also convinced most of the people I meet are too ignorant to vote.

Yeah, I can’t resolve the contradiction, either. :-"

3. Dana says:

Well, of course only reasonably educated people should vote; that would guarantee Republican victories! :)

I find it interesting that someone would say that the uninformed should be voting. They might as well have said that the easily manipulated should be voting, because that is what they really want.

You want to be educated, then watch what Congress does. They have the ability to make or break this country, and our Founding Fathers knew that. – Lorica

5. BeachBabe NC says:

Absolutely amazing.. Its almost as good as the Howie Stern video.

6. BeachBabe NC says:

Okay Im going out on a limb here but correct me if Im wrong or dont make sense.. But please be kind for I am a Southern Chick who loves the beach.

An estimate of the Census Bureau for the population in the United States of America was 303,542,646 people. (December 7, 2007).
    Lets just say that there are about 6,000,000 people in the U.S. that are over the age of 18. There was 700 BILLION buckaroos given back to the people in Washington who lost it all in the first place. That means that, THERE is ENOUGH money there ( 700 Billion ) so that each person in the U.S. who is over the age of 18 and a US Citizen, could get atleast 1 million each. Instead of giving it to the crooks in Washington. We could pay off our debt, and then have some left over to spend to build the economy back up. Why in the world would that not work? Cheaper then 700 Billion.

Well I dont know about you.. But I have my home and a car as my debt. Id be set and still have like 900,000.00 to spend.. I could get a second home at the Beach… my 99 acres to run and hide if the world starts to go freaking NUTZ! Am I that naive? UGH… My perfect little world inside my head…

7. Marshall Art says:

I like it, Beachbabe. I mean if they’re going to give our own money away, give it back to us.
    Anyone who has gotten one of those mortgages they didn’t deserve to have could pay it off. Wait. It’s too easy. They’d never do it.

BTW, Sis. I stole this thread to post at my place. Hope you don’t mind. Have a look if you get the chance.

8. camojack says:

I think many of you will agree with me that the answer is a resounding “no, they shouldn’t” once you watch this video.

I agree without even watching the video… [-(

9. Rovin says:

The larger question here is what does this sad travesty say about our educational system? Are there even civics and history classes being taught in high school anymore? I could even understand that most of these kids may not know how many senators there are in the upper house, but to not know the number of states in the union? If these kids even followed politics a little, (and listened to Barack), they’d know there were 57 states.

I would submit that over 80% of these youths have been indoctrinated by the “Obama-mania” rock star mentality and not even heard of a conservative side of a message or debate. In their minds words like responsibility, self-discipline, behaviour, and accomplishment are reserved for the government, (and maybe their parents). Should they be allowed to vote? Constitutionally, yes—–morally, not at the level of their intelligence to make an informed decision.

Historically, the youth vote turn-out has always been low enough to be insignificant in influencing the results of a general election. This year could be different because of this “perfect storm” of wars and economic uncertainty and the two words kids can relate to—-hope and change. Experience, stability, and leadership, (see John McCain), just doesn’t compute with these “young skulls full of mush”.

I hope they all go out and vote on November 5th.

10. Rovin says:

BeachBabe NC @ 10/16/2008 – 10:31 pm

#1. Your idea makes much more sense than the morass, (Something that hinders, engulfs, or overwhelms: a morass of details) of our “leaders” in Washington.

How-ever,

#2. Yes, respectfully, your are naive in believing that our government would allow such a prospect not go through their grubby little hands. It’s all about power and control of our money that convince’s these “representatives” that they are relevant.

11. MissJean says:

Forget blaming the education system. I had a couple of young people tell me they don’t know why they have to study government and history because they won’t need it to get a job. And their parents agreed. And then a few days later, some boys were complaining that their parents couldn’t help them on their homework because their parents don’t know the difference between “the House”, “the Senate” and “Congress”, either.

When I was a kid, I learned basic economics from my parents and budgeting from my grandmother. History lessons in school were reinforced by parents who actually discussed them with us and talked about events that happened when they were young. My parents included a newspaper subscription in their budget and discussed the articles with us, especially when they disagreed with the editorials.

Even good schools can’t do much for kids whose parents are only interested in entertainment. And bad schools can’t do much TO kids whose parents have decent values.

When the ADULTS decide to grow up and take an interest in government, history and basic economics, the schools will “miraculously” improve.