Stem cells being harvested from live babies?
Very disturbing news from the BBC:
Healthy new-born babies may have been killed in Ukraine to feed a flourishing international trade in stem cells, evidence obtained by the BBC suggests.
Disturbing video footage of post-mortem examinations on dismembered tiny bodies raises serious questions about what happened to them.
Ukraine has become the self-styled stem cell capital of the world.
There is a trade in stem cells from aborted foetuses, amid unproven claims they can help fight many diseases.
But now there are claims that stem cells are also being harvested from live babies.
Wall of silence
The BBC has spoken to mothers from the city of Kharkiv who say they gave birth to healthy babies, only to have them taken by maternity staff.
In 2003 the authorities agreed to exhume around 30 bodies of foetuses and full-term babies from a cemetery used by maternity hospital number six.
One campaigner was allowed into the autopsy to gather video evidence. She has given that footage to the BBC and Council of Europe.
In its report, the Council describes a general culture of trafficking of children snatched at birth, and a wall of silence from hospital staff upwards over their fate.
The pictures show organs, including brains, have been stripped – and some bodies dismembered.
A senior British forensic pathologist says he is very concerned to see bodies in pieces – as that is not standard post-mortem practice.
It goes without saying that whether it’s happening from a desire to harvest stem cells or for other purposes, it’s sick. This is what happens in a world where unborn babies aren’t looked upon as human but instead ‘parasites’ and/or ‘not human’ (I know not everyone believes that, but it does seem to be the prevailing viewpoint). It doesn’t take a Harvard grad to be able to figure out that if people can look at a human being inside the womb as something other than a human, than a certain segment of those same people will start looking at human beings barely out of the womb as expendable in the name of ‘research’ and ‘finding cures.’
- Church of England backs doctors letting severely disabled babies die after birth
- UK: Doctors urge â€˜active euthanasia’ for disabled babies
- Will we see a “death with dignity for aborted babies” campaign now?
- It’s a BABY
- Doesn’t this make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?
- “Many” US couples seek embryo screening to select the sex of their child
- Slippery slope watch: Eliminating a medical condition – by eliminating its sufferers
- Harry Reid: Major-league *edited* (re: stem cell research debate)
- Study: Abortions at home are safe (!)
- 50 babies a year are alive after abortion
- My views on abortion – looking back