Via an interview with NBC Nightly News managing editor and anchor Brian Williams:
President Bush’s policies in the Middle East are “moving the world toward war” Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Tuesday, maintaining that Iran was a peaceful nation that merely wanted to be left alone to “stand on its [own] feet.”
“The U.S. government thinks that it’s still the period after World War II” Ahmadinejad said in an interview with Brian Williams, anchor and managing editor of “NBC Nightly News” a mindset that led Bush to believe that he “can rule, therefore, over the rest of the world.”
But “the world has changed” he said. “Nations are awakened now. They want their rights — equal rights, and fair ones. The time for world empires has ended.”
This maniac’s credibility on talking about “rights” is like Bill Clinton or Jesse Jackson’s credibility on talking about marital fidelity.
Sadly, who does Ahmadinejad sound like? Many of Bush’s critics here at home, mainly the Ted Kennedys and John Kerrys and Howard Deans of this country. To him – and them – BUSH is the real enemy, not Islamofascism.
The Islamofascist head of Iran is speaking before the UN this evening. Allah will have, as he appropriately calls it, lowlights from the speech. Wonder how many in the crowd will stand and applaud? Here’s a brief, brief recap of the speech from the AP.
Update I 8:29 PM : Greg Tinti liveblogged the speech.
Update II 11:17 PM: Why is Greg Tinti routinely referenced at this blog, and even twice in one post? Because of posts like this one. LOL!
Update III 11:50 PM: Lorie Byrd and I are on the same page on who Ahmadinejad sounds like.
- Focus: Iran
- French Foreign Minister reverses course, no longer believes Iran is a ‘stabilizing’ force in the Middle East
- Iran and Hamas: tag team terror partners
- Iran once again engages in saber rattling
- How the media undermines US national security
- Iran steps into the danger zone
- Iran paper to publish Holocaust â€˜cartoons’
- â€˜Warmonger’ Bush: We’ll help defend Israel if needed
- “Big Five” refer Iran’s nuke file to Security Council
- Israel: prepared
- Iran’s president has â€˜doubts’ about the Holocaust
- Iran leader: Israel should be “wiped off the map”
- No Jewdo?