First the editorial, on the now-debunked but widely talked about news reports from several news outlets about pre-war Iraq intelligence reports that were supposedly ‘cooked up’ to fit the admin’s agenda of ‘forcing a link between Iraq and Al Qaeda’.
Now, the smackdown of that editorial: from Curt at Flopping Aces, who provides link after link of evidence to the contrary of the NYT’s editorial, including this video from ABC News from 1999, recaptured by John Hinderaker at Powerline, that is like a trip down memory lane in terms of detailing the contacts believed by the prior administration to have existed between Iraq and AQ, too:
Make sure to read at the Powerline post what Iraq/AQ terrorist links researcher Thomas Joscelyn has to say about the media – and Dem (but I repeat myself) – spin on this story.
Update: For laughs, check out the predictable left’s response to reporting of the admin’s alleged ‘cooked up’ links here (the Hullabaloo link).
- AP hit piece on the belief that Iraq possessed WMDs – a mini-fisking
- More on Saddam’s WMD capabilities
- DOD: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria
- Hoekstra and Santorum to intelligence community: Declassify more WMD-related documents, and quit downplaying them
- Even more documents show Saddam targeted US interests
- Documents show more collaboration between AQ and Iraq
- Saddam’s Philippines terror connection
- Batch of pre-war Afghanistan and Iraq documents are released
- Prepare to learn more about Saddam’s WMD intentions
- House Permanent Select Committee to review Saddam recordings
- The Syria/Iraq WMD connection
- Saddam’s #2 air force official: WMDs were moved to Syria
- Confirmed: Iraq was a terrorist training center
- Pentagon briefing docs on Iraq/AQ connection from 2002
- Where did the WMDs go?
- If Bush “lied”, so did others
- Pre-war Iraq and Syria: closer than we thought
- AQ/SH connections: Must read
- More evidence of OBL/Hussein connections
- Iraq and Al Qaeda: More connections
- No terrorism in Iraq before the war?