Don’t go away mad, Cynthia – just go away

Posted by: ST on August 9, 2006 at 1:00 pm

Fresh off a runoff defeat for Georgia’s 4th District Congressional seat by challenger Hank Johnson and five months after punching a Capitol police officer, Rep. Cynthia McKinney and some of her ‘staffers’ continued to stir things up well into the night last night, as 11Alive reports:

As outgoing Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney returned to her campaign headquarters to address her supporters after midnight Tuesday, some of her staffers scuffled with news photographers.

During her concession speech, McKinney said her mother was hurt and one of her staffers required stitches after members of the media hurt them during the night. Police were eventually called to the scene by 11Alive News.

As McKinney walked outside her campaign headquarters after losing her reelection bid to Hank Johnson, a boom microphone carried by a photographer struck members of McKinney’s entourage. In the confusion, McKinney staffers struck an 11Alive photographer and knocked his camera equipment to the ground.

A short time later, the 11Alive news desk called 9-1-1 after some people followed an 11Alive staff member into the station’s satellite truck outside the McKinney headquarters.

Earlier Tuesday, a McKinney staffer scuffled with another 11Alive photojournalist, who videotaped as McKinney supporters waved some signs while the Congresswoman remained in her vehicle.

McKinney’s staffers asked photographers to keep their distance — which they did — until McKinney rolled down her window and motioned to a reporter. The photographers approached, thinking she was about to give an on-camera interview. At that point, a staffer again got between the vehicle and blocked the 11Alive photographer, grabbing her by the wrist.

“That’s right, and I’ll touch you again, if you do it again,” the staffer told 11Alive.

Wouldn’t want to be around Cindy and her staffers when they start talking about ‘touchy feely’ things, knowhatImean?

By the way, here are the final results for the McKinney/Johnson runoff:

Georgia U.S. House Dist. 4 — 167 of 167 precincts reporting (100%)
Democratic Runoff

Hank Johnson 41,178 59% (X)
Cynthia McKinney 28,832 41%

Cindy’s not happy: she’s talking about threats via a ‘violent revolution’ and believes there were some “voting irregularities” at play in yesterday’s runoff. (Hat tip for the last two links to Allah, who has video of Cindy tearing up during her conspiratorial speech last night)

Her tenure in Congress can’t end fast enough.

Thur AM Update: Yikes. It got even worse than I thought at McKinney HQ on runoff night.

Prior:

14 Responses to “Don’t go away mad, Cynthia – just go away”

Comments

1. Severian says:

Ah yes, Jihad Cynthia and her entourage, straight from the hip hop thug wing of the moonbat party. 8-|

2. Karl says:

It is an interesting contrast seeing her actions and reactions as compared to Lieberman’s…..

3. NC Cop says:

“Voting irregularities”????

So now, democrats are committing fraud against other democrats??? Well, considering someone hacked Lieberman’s website during the primary, I guess that’s not such a far fetched theory.

These are the people who say they will restore dignity and honesty to the White House?!??!?!:-?

4. NC Cop says:

Anybody want to bet on how long it will be until McKinney shows up at Camp Sheehan??

5. Severian says:

Or at a Hezbollah rally in Beirut?

6. Baklava says:

Voting Irregularities?????

The only voting irregularities were the 41% who voted for her….!!!

I am thinking that the hacking of Lieberman’s website was an inside job. Ohhh the conspiracies abound.

I could not be happier that this woman is going, going, and soon to be GONE!!!! Talk about classless, dizty, doorbell type of individual. Finally the People of GA have come to their senses. – Lorica

8. Geez, McKinney and her posse are pathetic….will they ever learn? I doubt it. But thank goodness we dont have to deal with her antics anymore, and more importantly, our police will be safe now that she’s gone.

9. Ryan says:

Is there going to be any election in the future in which a democrat loses where there won’t be cries of voting irregularities and fraud?

10. libertarianobserver says:

Ryan:

ummmm… no. Because why in the world would ANYONE vote against a Democrat? You know–party of love, tolerance, and compassion and all that.

11. Baklava says:

How could anyone possibly want to vote for evil incarnate Republicans who just want to starve people, make the poor poorer and rich richer, etc. Republicans don’t have an alternative view point on how to solve problems… They only want to do evil and pollute the environment and actually add to racism. Nope their point of view is evil. So the election process is rigged because it’d be like people actually pulling the lever for the devil. So…. Yep It’s rigged. For sure.

12. Drewsmom says:

What a clueless idiot mckinney is and I listened to that song. Who is the artist, the song blames Bush on her losing and the song blames the prez for every bad thing that has happened and then she started making her speech, I had to excuse myself and go spit out my brownie cuz I was chocking on it.
    This dimwit needs to go sit with mama sheenut it Tx. and any of yall want to splint the gas let me know cuz I’m ready to go counter-protest these two moonbats. <:-p:-&

13. NC Cop says:

The artist is “Pink” and apparently she believes that there were no homeless, no hungry, and no uneducated children in this country UNTIL GW took over. A liberal friend of mine made me listen to it and all I could do was laugh….which she didn’t like too much.:d

14. Drewsmom says:

NC Cop, you were only showing good taste in laughing and I know she is your friend, I have a liberal friend or two and we can’t discuss politics cuz they know I’ll beat em and whip em down verbally so we don’t go there. My Aunt is from Mobile, Ala. and went to Auburn University but moved to Naples, Fla. sev years ago, she is lib from hell and we have only had one Bush/Gore conversation and we agreed never to discuss politics again for the sake of our family relationship, I love her but she is a brainwashed moonbat and Uncle Charlie was in Viet Nam and is a rightie but she does not know this, he likes his cushee life to much to rock the boat and they’ve been married 40 years now so he keeps mum.:d