Don’t go away mad, Cynthia – just go away
Fresh off a runoff defeat for Georgia’s 4th District Congressional seat by challenger Hank Johnson and five months after punching a Capitol police officer, Rep. Cynthia McKinney and some of her ‘staffers’ continued to stir things up well into the night last night, as 11Alive reports:
As outgoing Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney returned to her campaign headquarters to address her supporters after midnight Tuesday, some of her staffers scuffled with news photographers.
During her concession speech, McKinney said her mother was hurt and one of her staffers required stitches after members of the media hurt them during the night. Police were eventually called to the scene by 11Alive News.
As McKinney walked outside her campaign headquarters after losing her reelection bid to Hank Johnson, a boom microphone carried by a photographer struck members of McKinney’s entourage. In the confusion, McKinney staffers struck an 11Alive photographer and knocked his camera equipment to the ground.
A short time later, the 11Alive news desk called 9-1-1 after some people followed an 11Alive staff member into the station’s satellite truck outside the McKinney headquarters.
Earlier Tuesday, a McKinney staffer scuffled with another 11Alive photojournalist, who videotaped as McKinney supporters waved some signs while the Congresswoman remained in her vehicle.
McKinney’s staffers asked photographers to keep their distance — which they did — until McKinney rolled down her window and motioned to a reporter. The photographers approached, thinking she was about to give an on-camera interview. At that point, a staffer again got between the vehicle and blocked the 11Alive photographer, grabbing her by the wrist.
“That’s right, and I’ll touch you again, if you do it again,” the staffer told 11Alive.
Wouldn’t want to be around Cindy and her staffers when they start talking about ‘touchy feely’ things, knowhatImean?
By the way, here are the final results for the McKinney/Johnson runoff:
Georgia U.S. House Dist. 4 — 167 of 167 precincts reporting (100%)
Hank Johnson 41,178 59% (X)
Cynthia McKinney 28,832 41%
Cindy’s not happy: she’s talking about threats via a ‘violent revolution’ and believes there were some “voting irregularities” at play in yesterday’s runoff. (Hat tip for the last two links to Allah, who has video of Cindy tearing up during her conspiratorial speech last night)
Her tenure in Congress can’t end fast enough.
Thur AM Update: Yikes. It got even worse than I thought at McKinney HQ on runoff night.
- Lieberman/Lamont and McKinney/Johnson predictions (LIVEBLOGGING)
- Ga. runoff watch: McKinney shows support for Hezbollah and Hamas during debate with Johnson
- Georgia primary: Cynthia McKinney faces runoff
- McKinney won’t be charged
- Deal in the works for McKinney?
- McKinney co-sponsors bill â€˜honoring’ the Capitol Hill police
- The official police report on McKinney altercation
- McKinney apologizes (but did she really?)
- He’s mad as heck, and he’s not gonna take it anymore!
- McKinney makes statement on altercation
- Arrest warrant in the works for McKinney? Pelosi urges people not to “make a big deal” out of McKinney altercation with Capitol Hill police officer
- McKinney punches Capitol Hill police officer
- Race-baiting Democrats and the media’s complicity