Murtha advocated cut and run in Somalia, and he’s doing it now
Sweetness and Light has the details and background on Murtha’s call for a complete withdrawal of US troops in Somalia in 1993 after the Black Hawk down incident – an incident that further inspired OBL and his terrorist followers to believe that the US would cut and run when faced with waves of US troop casualties.
Murtha is now urging the President to do in Iraq what Clinton did in 1993 in response to the Black Hawk down attacks. And what Reagan did in 1983 after the Hezbelloh massacre of the Marine barracks in Beirut.
And the media refers to Murtha as a “Democratic hawk” on war matters? I don’t get it.
Related posts on Murtha:
- Murtha may be called to testify on Haditha comments
- Does Rep. John Murtha know something we don’t?
- Murtha wants to be House Majority leader
- Murtha slimes our troops: “â€¦it looks like it’s the policy of our troops to do something like this.”
- Rep. John Murtha: a fountain of misinformation
- Rep. John Murtha: 9 lies in 90 seconds
- Message to Rep. Murtha: listen to this man
- Is Rep. Murtha really a “hawk” as the media has been claiming?
- Rep House calls Dem House’s bluff (MINI-LIVEBLOGGING)
- Dem House Representative calls for immediate troop withdrawal