It was supposed to be a debate between the two current chairs of the Democrat and Republican parties respectively, but it ended up being a debate between the current chair of the RNC and the former chair of the DNC (Terry McAuliffe). Here’s the video of Today show host Meredith Vieira introducing McAuliffe and Mehlman, and announcing that NBC had invited Dean on and noting he declined to be on at the same time as Mehlman. ROTFL! Too funny.
Here was the RNC’s response.
By the way, this isn’t the first time that Howard Dean has refused to be on a talking head show alongside Ken Mehlman.
Perhaps he’s realized that he has better luck handling fish than he can Republicans:
- OBL/9-11 terrorists video: Will Howard Dean NOW officially pronounce OBL as guilty?
- Calling Dean out on his New Hampshire primary flip flop
- Is Howard Dean an anti-Semite?
- Howard Dean: The gift that keeps on givin’
- Reverend Dean wants your vote!
- Howard Dean pronounces Rove guilty anyway, yet gave OBL presumption of innocence two years ago!
- The DNC is unhappy with Howard Dean again
- Dems to Dean: where’s the money?
- Chris Wallace interviews Howard Dean
- Best advice given to Dean this year
- Thank you for confirming it, Howard
- Howard Dean is not getting the job done
- Howard Dean: Weapon of Self Destruction V3.0
- Dean: “We’re going to use Terri Schiavo later on”