July 13 (Bloomberg) — San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom is running for re-election virtually unopposed, more popular than ever, after admitting to having an affair with a top aide’s wife and entering an alcohol-treatment program.
Newsom, whose approval ratings are running close to 80 percent, said he expects a credible candidate to emerge eventually. So far, challengers include a street-performing clown, a homeless man, an advocate for nudism, and a candidate who pledges to wear a camera so voters can monitor his performance in office.
San Francisco: The City of Lost Minds.
Via James Taranto.
- San Francisco anti-war nuts want to ground Blue Angels airshow
- San Francisco’s public enemy number one: Plastic bags
- California Democrats in turmoil: Hispanic Caucus leader accused of sexism, SF Mayor admits to affair with married woman
- Navy won’t commission warship in San Francisco
- Orgasms for Peace!
- And they wonder why people view them as out of touch far-out liberals?
- San Francisco disputes liberal image
- Happy Birthday, Mr. Dictator! SF celebrates Fidel Castro’s birthday
- SF Mayor once again vows to ignore the law
- Cindy Sheehan to speak at a high school in San Francisco
- San Fran supervisors: Impeach Bush!
- San Francisco examines poo power
- Riceroni – The San Francisco Retreat
- Mayor Newsom: You have a “basic right” to wireless service
- SF Mayor Gavin Newsom – Right Or Wrong?